I resign

Nem

TNPer
I get enough abuse at work from much better people, I don't need it when I come here and I certainly do not need to be harrassed or pestered.

I'm nobody's bitch.

If that isn't enough of a resignation then I don't know what is.

This is sad. :(

Who has been pestering you? They might could end up on indefinite mod preview...

that's a joke but I am pretty upset, you have such a deep and important history here and it is crushing to see you leave.

Good bye Nem, I hope you'll still visit. :cry:

Though I didn't know you personally, Nem, I will certainly miss your presence among us. Farewell.

I too would like to know who was pestering you!! Especially as I resigned as a deputy for similar reasons a while ago!!

sorry to see you go!! Best of luck to you!!

I hear what you're saying, Nem. I didn't appreciate the tone of a PM I received myself, today (assuming that has anything to with your leaving).

Best of luck in finding those greener pastures.

Nem, please let me know if it is not too late to do anything for you; I'm not 100% sure what triggered this, but please let me know. You will be missed here.

I appreciate the wishes of the people here and maybe this is a tantrum but....

The TG in question was from the Speaker of the RA (he recieved a blast from me in response) and I have come to understand that this was a mass-mailing of sorts. It was definitely unappreciated and if he thought it was funny...sorry try again. The fact of the matter is that I play this game for fun, the only reason I was an RA member is that it is a requirement for membership in the NPA and the fact that I ran and won a seat on the Security council was due to my commitment to not only the safety of this region but to also provide a voice of restraint if it became necessary in dealing with someone who did not understand the dynamics of this region. Maybe some things need to be changed, defenders are not necessarily politicians. (My appologies, I'm trying to sound reasonable and I'm not feeling that way)

The fact that the author of the TG is the Speaker and by definition the head internal diplomat in the region he should learn to show some restraint. If I didn't vote on the 9'th it could be because I elected to spend time with my family. If I didn't log in after that it could be because I am a busy SOB trying to make life better for our First Nations peoples against odds that are best stated as staggering. I have other things I do with my time, by choice or by terms of employment, and I am most definitely not dead weight or unappreciative of this region. When I choose to take part it is for my enjoyment, I helped build this region along with the other veterans here, and quite frankly I don't need my loyalities questioned.

Yeah, it may have been a joke, but what is funny to some is not to others.

There are other regions out there with deep histories of defending and maybe that is where I need to be.

(Can't believe I made it through without swearing)

Nem:

I understand where you are coming from, really I do.

I saw the Speaker's message and thought it a little heavy=handed, but I can easily see why some people in your situation (and others) would have taken offense at the way the mass-mailed message was sent out.

While I agree that mass-mailed reminders seem to be necessary to let RA members know what is up for a vote, it is still the member's choice whether to even appear for a vote; and I agree that the tone of that mass mailing was disrespectful of those members' rights.

I hope, though, that you will at least reconsider your statement of resignation. I think you and the rest of the RA are entitled to an apology from mr Sniffles for the tone and manner of the message. I think you would agree that it wasn't the substantive point of the message -- that natters had come up for a vote -- but the manner and tone of the message that was the problem.

I truthfully hope you would reconsider your resignation.

Yes, it was supposed to be a joke. And I am totally sorry. It was in no way supposed to offend! I really hope you reconsider and not punish the region for my own personal mishap!

For the sake of our grandchildren

This is a quote I hear almost weekly from people in the communities I work with and it is one I am trying to live my life by. Our actions, even though they may seem minor in the sort term, if they are not well thought out can have long and far reaching effects. If we seem heavy handed or exclusive then in the future that may be the perception that other players may have of us.

There are some changes I'm going to work for:

A change in the way that "permission is granted to take part in some areas of play" ie: the RA requirement of members of the NPA. I can understand diplomats, cabinet members, etc, but as I stated some of us are not politicians and I know I am an even worse diplomat. I think an oath of loyalty would be enough to cover most things.

I think we need some sober second thought added into things, not necessarilly a Senate, but rather rotating groups who will look at what we are trying to achieve who can give direction and keep things balanced for members and non-members alike.

Mr. Sniffles - appology accepted - my reply to you might have been a bit on the nuclear side so please accept mine as well. ( I said I'm no diplomat - In RL I tend to be the proverbial battering ram when dealing with governemnt and cultural organizations who have built up their ownn fifedoms.)

I had thought about going to Nasicournia due to their history and the fact that I have never personally had problems with the ADN but they appear to be a bit "dead" so I think I'll stick around a bit. I have quite a bit to offer - I just need nine days in a week to do so.

I'm very glad to hear that you'll be remaining with us for a least a while longer.

Good decision on not going to Nasicournia, they're evil. I would never dream of being a Nasicournian. Er.. wait... >_< :P

Nem, I'm glad you have reconsidered and withdrew your resignation, which no one had accepted yet, anyhow. :)

As to the NPA, that RA membership is now required rather than just being a registered voter who could opt not to be in the RA is a decision that was approved that I would have preferred not have gone forward. In any event, there is no activity requirement in the RA (as long as the membership requirements are met), and there can be times that you may find that your voice should be heard. (RA membership is a requirement for election to the Security Council, and as you are a recently elected member there, that's an example of how your experience in this region remains of value to all of us.)

As to adding other formal bodies, I'm not sure the region is ready for yet another formal body. I am trying something as Prime Minister with appointed commissions to work on a couple of major issues (the University and the status of certain ministries) and that, along with the example of the Security Council, might point to experimenting with committees within the RA to work on legislation. That might meet your concerns, but such an experiment has to be sufficiently flexible to improve what comes before the RA as a whole. (I'm not proposing that, but it is something I've thought about.)

Nem, you are a valuable resource to the region. Once Tresville left the NS stage, you remain one of the few who have first hand knowledge of the history of TNP, and why some things are the way they are. So while you may not feel you are a politician, just remember that the RA is composed of all of us, not some of us, and your voice is valuable, even if you are not a politician. :)

Gross' statement:

As to the NPA, that RA membership is now required rather than just being a registered voter who could opt not to be in the RA is a decision that was approved that I would have preferred not have gone forward.

has me thinking about something.

Does everyone realize that our current system (RA membership to be in the NPA) is essentially similar to a 'Roman Senate' arrangement, only in reverse?

Back