Judges and Presenters

Hersfold

TNPer
We need volunteers to serve as judges and presenters for the ceremony! If you are willing to serve in either capacity, please post below after reading the requirements for each position:

Ceremony Judge:

The judges of the Awards Ceremony will be required to submit a ballot containing their choices to recieve the awards from the list of nominees given. They will be provided clear instructions on how to handle the voting, and their decisions must not be biased or swayed in any way. Voting should be based solely on who the judge feels best exemplifies the requirements for each award, not based on who they wish to see win.

In order to be considered for the position of Judge, you must:
  • Have been a member on this forum for at least six months (to ensure a good knowledge of all events and persons nominated)
  • Have at least 2,000 posts (to ensure activity is sufficent to guarantee the good knowledge requested above)
  • Be supported by another member of this forum that meets the requirements stated above
  • Volunteer for the position. Nominations for judges will not be accepted.
Ceremony Presenter:

We will need at least one other presenter for the awards ceremony. A day or two before the ceremony, I will provide the other presenter(s) with a list of the awards they are to present, the nominees, and the winner of the award, and a link to the award's image. They will be asked to draft a post BEFORE the ceremony begins, so that once the ceremony is underway, they will not have to take time composing the presentation posts while everyone waits for the award. Obviously the presenter must be available at the date and time of the ceremony, so the date will be set based on the availability of the presenters. We need one or two presenters.

In order to be considered for the position of Presenter, you must:
  • Be willing to take the position. Nominations for this postition WILL be accepted.
  • Have a generally fun personality so as to make the ceremony more enjoyable.
  • Be active enough to ensure you will be available at the time of the ceremony, whenever that happens to be.
If you are willing to take up one or both of these positions, please post below! We need plenty of judges (I'll say 8 at most), and at least one presenter (two at most). You can serve in both positions if you wish.

Judges so far:
  • Hersfold
  • Monumental Proportions
  • Democratic Donkeys
  • Blackshear
  • Fulhead Land
Judges needing support:
Volunteers for Presenter: (All volunteers subject to public approval, as we're likely to get a lot of them)
  • Gaspo
  • Cakatoa

I don't qualify as a judge, because I lurk too much. I'd be happy to be a presenter if needed, however.

Can I volunteer to be a presenter? Bare in mind, I'm going home soon, so limited internet access for me....but as long as I get given the date well in advance I should be fine.

I have work and such, but if need be I can usually get online at a specific time to make a post. Anytime after 7 PM EST I'm free, pretty much every day of the week. And I have nothing against feigning sickness to get out of going to something :P Once we get a more general date that we want to do it, I can better nail down my schedule and availability.

I'll volunteer to be a judge. I seem to meet the criteria and I'm not up for anything this time 'round, so no chance for a conflict of interest.

Gross, I think you're close enough we can let you in. If you don't have 2000 in a day or two, you will by the ceremony. I'm not sure you ever transfered your posts from s2 anyway.

And yes, ZB, 2000. The number is intentionally large to make sure that whoever volunteers has been around long enough to have an excellent idea of what they're voting for. No offense, but you probably don't have a sufficent understanding of the forum move, some of the older members of the forum, etc., to give a fair vote in the categories they were nominated for.

I agree with what you're trying to do, Hers, but I think a post count requirement isn't the best way to go about doing it. I'm not entirely sure there's a better way, but for example, I've been in TNP for a year now, have been paying attention to it since I joined NS almost two years ago right in the middle of the NPD affair, and have spent waaay too much time reading all sorts of back history on s2. I would say I have a pretty damn good understanding of things. I just don't really post all that often. I don't mean to sound self-promoting, but I know myself best, so that's the best example I can give. I'm sure there're others here who just don't spam a lot or don't post a ton, but that doesn't mean that they don't understand things.

Doesn't really matter either way, just wanted to throw in my $.02.

I think everyones :2c: will be there anyway as we debate the judges decisions afterwards.
"Hersfold won what? That was such a fix....its all about budgets.."

I think everyones  :2c:  will be there anyway as we debate the judges decisions afterwards.
"Hersfold won what? That was such a fix....its all about budgets.."
So I can't give myself twenty votes for "Favorite Tyrant"? Darn, I was so looking forward to awarding myself that one. :P :lol:

I'll admit, there are some exceptions, yourself included, Gaspo, but at the same time there are others with your post count who aren't as involved. If one of them were to volunteer as a judge and got backed up by their best buddy from next door, I'd have a dead weight judge that could have been someone with the smarts to actually vote on things. The line has to be drawn somewhere, somehow, and that's the best way I could think of to do it. Sorry! :(

I don't hold it against you, Hers. As I said, I'd be hard-pressed to think of a better way. I'll spend some time thinking about it. Perhaps require members to have been around at the last award ceremony in order to be a judge, thereby certifying that they have some idea of how the awards are supposed to go, what the criteria are, etc. Or require judges to have held some position of responsibility in the past. I dunno. It's fine as it is for this year, just thoughts for next time around. :)

I don't hold it against you, Hers. As I said, I'd be hard-pressed to think of a better way. I'll spend some time thinking about it. Perhaps require members to have been around at the last award ceremony in order to be a judge, thereby certifying that they have some idea of how the awards are supposed to go, what the criteria are, etc. Or require judges to have held some position of responsibility in the past. I dunno. It's fine as it is for this year, just thoughts for next time around. :)
I like the second option. The first one rules me out, as I joined in April.

Ok, it's been over 24 hours since anyone volunteered, and we do need to get this going. Gaspo, Cakatoa, you will be presenters along with yours truly - if you could send me what dates you'll be available to do the ceremony between this Friday (the 15th) and January 1st, I'll get a poll started for the dates of the ceremony. I'm working on getting the ballots together for our five judges, and hopefully Gross will figure out what he wants for the PM awards sometime very soon.

Back