Best Quote [Nominations Closed]

Hersfold

TNPer
Nominations are now open for the award for Best Quote.

This award is for the favorite quote posted on the forums.

In order to qualify for this award, a member of this forum must:
  • Have a significant quote posted somewhere on these forums - it can be thought-provoking, funny, whatever.
  • Receive at least two nominations.
Anyone registered on the forum may nominate any other forum member for this award. Nominations will close five days from now, at around this time or whenever I actually get around to closing the topics.

Thanks for your help!

(Please quote the quote and provide a link when posting)

Accepted Nominations:Needs seconding:

Right off the bat, I present for your viewing pleasure:
Flemingovia on "What has happened to JAL?':
My theory is that he met a girl on the way there, was invited back to her flat, and is even now making mad, passionate love to her on a futon. Later on, they will go out for a chinese, then to a bar, then back to her flat for the night.

In the morning she will go off to her job as a high court judge - at which point JAL will realise just how old she actually is. Filled with remorse, he will be too embarassed to come back on IRC until..... WEdnesday.

That is my theory.

Link

The one in my sig:

DPIU: At what point do you think CD will become a threat to our region?

GBM: Never! Nor will any other nation. Not on my watch.

Link

There was another one I was going to nominate, but someone's stolen OPA's old blogs (or I'm incapable of finding them). :unsure:

I've moved 2.0 back into the Blogs forum - sorry, somehow it ended up in the lockbox, mod access only. The link should work for you now.

Yay!

As MP went to the trouble of finding it, and Hers went to the trouble of sorting out the thread, I shall post what I was talking about.

OPA:
I've been waiting for it for a good while now, and we all knew it was going to happen some day, but I don't think any of us were quite ready for the return of Insane Power and Cathyy. All of us knew it was coming, and let's not kid ourselves... We all knew that when it happened, it would happen just like it did before: we'd get the tasteless humor, the bad jokes, the feigned injured pride... My favorite has got to be the indignance. It happens every time. They cross the line, someone calls them on it, they act like we're selling children to old men for their pleasure.

I really like the tasteless joking, as well. Not to reset old takes or anything, but let's think about this: what's funnier than insulting someone's job and economic status, then saying you're going to find where they live? Seriously, I'm cracking my self up right now! Ahhh-hahahahahahahaha! What's funnier than welfare smack? Yeah, pretty much everything.

All that, and now this: Insane Power has a puppet inside our region, who is quite active and well-known to us all. One day he's going to reveal to us who that puppet is and we should "prepare for heart attacks." I, for one, seriously can't wait to find out who it is. I'm actively trying to find out by doing research into old posts and comparing writing styles, ERRRRR- I don't care. "Prepare for heart attacks." Or prepare for apathy. Whichever.

Link

Its a bit longer than I thought (not exactly the single line quotable phrase), and OPA's ego doesn't really need any more feeding (:P) but it made me laugh then and still does. Probably not something you'll be want to promote the goodwill in the region either, but hey...

Heft:
The Constitution is inherently fucked up as it blatantly breaks the barriers between IC and OOC, by referring to players.

Clicky

Epic truthiness, yet again. Also hilarity.

Edit: Fixing bbcode.

Nominations for this award have now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated in this part of the event. Stick around to see which one of these nominees will win!

Back