Simplifying the Contitution!!

Why expect to be surprised? Every government on earth, RL or NS, has mechanisms to stop people taking the piss, and people whose job it is, ultimately, to decide when the piss is being taken.

Mr Siffles has done his job, and made a decision. Stop whining like a baby because you do not agree with his decision, and accept it like an adult.

If you do not like his judgement, don't vote for him next time.

Why expect to be surprised? Every government on earth, RL or NS, has mechanisms to stop people taking the piss, and people whose job it is, ultimately, to decide when the piss is being taken.

Mr Siffles has done his job, and made a decision. Stop whining like a baby because you do not agree with his decision, and accept it like an adult.

If you do not like his judgement, don't vote for him next time.
Whining?! Hardly!! Confirming what I suspect, defintely!!

Also, I have never voted for Sniffles, rest assured I'll continue to follow that pattern!! The reason I did this was to prove that the people who bombarded the NPD Regional Assembly with idiotic proposals and bleated when they were knocked back would do the exact same thing should the situation be reversed!!

So far from whining, I actually got what I wanted from all this, but thanks once again for your invaluable input, Flem!!

Last time I checked - so was the constitution.
No kidding?! You mean my proposal to scrap it hasn't gone through yet?! The wheels of democracy grind slowly, don't they!!

My point being, my voting to ratify the Constitution all that time ago has no bearing on my desire or others' desire to change it or even scrap the whole thing if we wish to propose such action now or in the future!!

I was never a fan of this Constitution for reasons I've spoken about many times!! But it was inevitable that it would pass and that coupled with the opportunity to change it if enough people wanted to was enough for me to accept it as a starting point!!

As you are aware, I was banned from contibuting in the convention so couldn't put my 2c worth in before the ratification referendum!!

I find it kinda interesting that there is no great defence of the constitution as it stands going on in this thread.....

I'd have thought there would be at least one or two coherent arguments against this proposal.....rather than against the nation that proposed it.....

I think this should go to formal discussion.....

I beleive there are quite a few who would be glad to be rid of the constitution....and they should have as much right to the democratic process as anyone else.....

Dai. maybe its because it is next to impossible to take Polts' rants seriously after a time.

And Polts has already all but acknowledged that this is a ploy and not a serious proposal; maybe the part that makes himself the ultimate source of everything?

(Not that I don't think Poltsy would be quite happy to prove to daddy IP and mommy Cathyy how well he learned their methods of disruption and oppression.)

I find it kinda interesting that there is no great defence of the constitution as it stands going on in this thread.....

I'd have thought there would be at least one or two coherent arguments against this proposal.....rather than against the nation that proposed it.....

I think this should go to formal discussion.....

I beleive there are quite a few who would be glad to be rid of the constitution....and they should have as much right to the democratic process as anyone else.....
Yes, that was the purpose of me proposing this amendment!! As I said, it proved to me what I had long suspected!! Democracy is fine as long as it delivers the right results, if not then we have to step outside democracy to ensure the right result is reached!!

Now, I'm under no illusion that my proposal would have passed a vote in the RA, but I am a believer that the proposal should have gone through the channels any other proposal would go through!!

Schnauzer:
Dai. maybe its because it is next to impossible to take Polts' rants seriously after a time.

Rant?! It was a proposal for a constitutional amendment!! I guess your assessment lends credence to Daimiaena's conclusion that you judge proposals based on who proposes them rather than treating them as a proposal in its own right!!

And Polts has already all but acknowledged that this is a ploy and not a serious proposal; maybe the part that makes himself the ultimate source of everything?

I made my proposal in accordance with the laws of the region!! My proposal was a serious one as it outlined that even without a Constitution we'd probably end up with similar results just a little faster!! Shouldn't the people of the region have the opportunity to vote on whether they want me to be their Lord and Saviour?!

(Not that I don't think Poltsy would be quite happy to prove to daddy IP and mommy Cathyy how well he learned their methods of disruption and oppression.)

Oppression and disruption?! My term as PM was one of the most lawful, fair and democratic since the Constitution was ratified!! It wasn't me denying people their right to vote because I didn't like their politics!! It was you, Tresville and Roman plotting how to sidestep the Constitution to ban people from voting in the infamous IRC Cabinet Meeting transcript that was posted in its entirity in error and subsequently removed!! So when you accuse others of disruption remember your penchant for self-serving corruption, Mr. Prime Minister, and keep pushing those amendments to allow you and your cronies to remove "undesirables" from the Regional Assembly without trial!! I'm sure The Minister, IP and Cathyy would be impressed by you imitating their past deeds and legislation!! :w00t:

Gross, You may be PM, but I find your personal posts on Polts to be at or over the line.
Poltsmaa is close too, but he's not the PM.

Now as for throwing out the constitution, that is pure foolishness. What we SHOULD be doing is acting like mature adults and try to simplify and reduce its verbosity.

Actually....lets have a committee to examine this monster. It doesn't have to be a government commission. If we don't...I plan on getting a private group started in the future to see what we can shorten and cut out.

Hmmm...maybe I'll open a Constitutional discussion forum to go over it and create a revised version for submission to the RA!!

Anyone interested PM me!! PM me even if you are not interested as I crave the attention!!

Gross, You may be PM, but I find your personal posts on Polts to be at or over the line.
Poltsmaa is close too, but he's not the PM.

Now as for throwing out the constitution, that is pure foolishness. What we SHOULD be doing is acting like mature adults and try to simplify and reduce its verbosity.

Actually....lets have a committee to examine this monster. It doesn't have to be a government commission. If we don't...I plan on getting a private group started in the future to see what we can shorten and cut out.
Actually we already have a proposal examining it. I hope you two can add to it.
Constitutional Editing

The people of Gasponia stand ready to donate twenty gallons of white-out to Poltsamaa's thinktank. Though admittedly a small contribution, we feel that this donation would serve as a solid symbol of our dedication to constitutional reform.

The people of Gasponia stand ready to donate twenty gallons of white-out to Poltsamaa's thinktank. Though admittedly a small contribution, we feel that this donation would serve as a solid symbol of our dedication to constitutional reform.
Your generosity is noted, Gaspo!! :worship:

You are welcome to join me and anyone else who is interested in informal/semi-formal discussions about the Constitution, Schnauzer!! Unlike yourself, I won't exclude people from having a say!!

Also, I wasn't aware it was a crime for citizens to gather and discuss matters such as this in an environment where they will not be censured for their thoughts!! Who knows, we might even come up with some proposals to amend the Constitution via the channels provided by that document!! ;)

:w00t:

We'll get things rolling in the next day or so to give others a chance to join up if they want to!! Feel free to post any ideas you have on the forum now as thats what it is there for!!

Back