Interview with Emperor Matthuis

Here is an interview with our newly elected Vice Delegate.

Dont Pick It Up: First off, why did you choose to run for Vice Delegate?

Emperor Matthuis: I choose to run for Vice Delegate because I would love to be Delegate but since Great Bights Mum was running for a second term I decided against trying to unseat her. I also think that the position is a very important one and having an already high endorsement count I thought it would be good for me to step in as not many people want the role.

Dont Pick It Up: Would you care to give us past experiences you held in NationStates and why you felt qualified for this job?

Emperor Matthuis: Well I have Delegated/Founded around ten or so different regions at various times over my career, which began in July 2003. I also had an issue published, Issue #122 Pensioners in Protest and I have a sticky in the NS forums. I have and currently hold Cabinet Level positions in two different Feeder regions, I manage UN Affairs in The East and Foreign Affairs in Lazarus. So I think that makes me more than qualified.

Dont Pick It Up: The position you ran for, you were the only candidate. Do you think this is a major problem our region faces?

Emperor Matthuis: I think it is yes, only three races were contested, which might be good for the candidate but poor for others who are not standing in the election.

Dont Pick It Up: If so what are steps we can go about to to fix this?

Emperor Matthuis: Well the rule about the majority victory and if not a run-off election in my view scares many off because contested elections frequently go into those and they are long and pointless. I would like to see a simple majority vote implemented and am considering putting this forward to the Regional Assembly.

Dont Pick It Up: Currently Conch Divers is above the current endorsements of the Vice Delegate. What are your opinions on whether or not CD should be ejected or not?

Emperor Matthuis: I have discussed this matter with the Delegate already but I do not like him and would be happy to see him ejected.

Dont Pick It Up: As we all know, the Vice Delegate serves as the regions endorsements cap. Do you plan on getting close to the Delegate or having a larger gap between yourself and the Delegates endorsements? Can you please justify your response.

Emperor Matthuis: I discussed this with Great Bights Mum on what level she would like me to be at and she said that my endorsement count should be 100 endorsements below hers and so that is what I shall do.

Dont Pick It Up: Any closing remarks you would like to make?

Emperor Matthuis: Thanks to all who voted for me for Vice Delegate and Security Council :D

Back