Blue Wolf's Mad Dash for Prime Minister and SC

Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
I have recently announce my intent to run for both Prime Minister and Security Council and as such I am expected to make myself a platform and hope to hell I don't end up hanging myself on it. So, without anymore stalling for ideas, here goes nothing.

There has been much talk by my opponent as to stating a war with NPO. While I agree with his point that NationStates needs activity and the best means of doing that would be via conflict I don't believe a majority of the RA seriously entertain the idea of starting a war with the NPO, especially after seeing the reaction to unofficial Lexicon War. TNP just doesn't have the staunch military resources to pull off such a tremendous maneuver; after all, the NPA can hardly field three players for up-date never mind a full army worthy of taking a feeder.

Our friends in the West can do what they wish regarding the NPO's recent purge but I stick by a policy of non-involvement. We can't stand on one foot proclaiming peace and unity between all feeders and then hop to the other and scream for the demise of the NPO.

On to other issues, the recent Feeder Summit was a complete joke, more could have been accomplished in a 15 minute IRC conversation than the month and a half we have hosted the discussion. The whole thing dissolved into a pile of nothingness when first TRR never showed up and then TWP refused to sign. It would have been better for us if we had just signed individual treaties with each feeder than attempt to unite the whole sha-bang at once. Thus if I am elected as PM I will do my very best to move away from so called "united feeder talks" and towards individual one-on-one relations. After all, if feeders can't unite after 4 years, its time we try something else.

As for my running for Security Council, its either you trust me to be active and use common sense when it comes to regional security or you don't, its just that simple.

Any Questions? I am more than willing to answer some :w00t:

Opinions on the constitution.

Too tired at the moment to organize any actual questions, so, start with that.

Lexiconian situation, if you had found a spy residing in your cabinet involving a RL illegal situation grossely violating both the privacy and security OOC and IC; what would you do?

mr_sniffles:
Lexiconian situation, if you had found a spy residing in your cabinet involving a RL illegal situation grossely violating both the privacy and security OOC and IC; what would you do?

I would temporally suspend the account pending a Security Council decision. I feel it’s totally up to the region to do what they wish with spies. On the other hand if there was some total breach of privacy that could possibly endanger the well being of TNP citizens on a real life basis I would accept nothing less that a full IP ban. I don’t even want to talk about perusing the matter into RL, that’s far too complete and gives me a headache just thinking about it but I suppose, if I get your reference right, a certain forum host provider might have to be dragged into it.

Heft:
Opinions on the constitution.

Too tired at the moment to organize any actual questions, so, start with that.

It’s long, complex, and has a lot of exploitable loopholes that are long overdue for being dealt with. You’re going to have to be more specific if you want me to address a certain area.

Ah, yes, duality is one of those touchy subjects. You sort of have to look at it from both a role-play and a realistic standpoint. I'll use myself for an example, I, as a player, am the leader of a raider group, the Lone Wolves United, I am also the Delegate of Lazarus, and the current Minister of Cult & Ed here. Lets just say, because this has happened in the past, that LWU forces went up against NPA forces. Using strictly a policy of no duality I would be in violation of some treason article somewhere in TNP Constitution, more than likely found guilty for it and thus banned from the region. Because of this "no duality" policy TNP would, its reasonable to suggest, end all relations with Lazarus due to the fact as a RA in TNP I was convicted of treason. Clearly there needs to be some separation between what should be treated with an air of duality and what should not.

Essentially you need to use common sense, you don't go overboard and hold a total and complete grudge against a player completely because they violated the TNP's laws but on the other hand you don't allow someone who is end swapping like mad in TNP with a different nation in the RA to have the courtesy of duality in that situation.

Basically, if you use common sense and apply everything to the matter at hand rather that a blanket group, everything should go well. But if you don't use common sense then you get these trials where extremely guilty defendants try to get off by picking apart little clauses in the Constitution and shielding themselves behind duality so they can do whatever they please without due consequences, which is not that duality is for.

I would temporally suspend the account pending a Security Council decision. I feel it’s totally up to the region to do what they wish with spies. On the other hand if there was some total breach of privacy that could possibly endanger the well being of TNP citizens on a real life basis I would accept nothing less that a full IP ban. I don’t even want to talk about perusing the matter into RL, that’s far too complete and gives me a headache just thinking about it but I suppose, if I get your reference right, a certain forum host provider might have to be dragged into it.
If this is really your stance, why did you ask to have Limitless Events unbanned from the forum, and why are you continuing to fight that decision in the Cabinet?

How can you guarantee that as leader of LWU that NPA tactics and plans remain secret.....being as you will have access to them as prime minister???

How can you guarantee that as leader of LWU that NPA tactics and plans remain secret.....being as you will have access to them as prime minister???
Incorrect, actually. The Prime Minister does not have access to the NPA forums unless they are a member of the NPA.

Hersfold:
If this is really your stance, why did you ask to have Limitless Events unbanned from the forum, and why are you continuing to fight that decision in the Cabinet?

Well, the statement in the Admin forums was made when I had yet been shown any proof of Limitless' treason and I was sort of pissed off. Do don't support a continued ban of Limi because I don't think it was his intention to have the information he passed on to the Lexi's in a manner which would have directly threaded the lives or personal security of any TNP residents. A simple change to "guest" masking is sufficient enough. However, if the admin insists on keeping that ban, by all means, let it stay. After all, when push comes to shove it’s your forum Hersfold.

Daimiaena:

I don't think there are any defender tactics that I am not already aware of :P

Also I really don't care what NPA is up to, LWU can hold it's own without any special knowledge and I really don't see it as an issue.

Well, the statement in the Admin forums was made when I had yet been shown any proof of Limitless' treason and I was sort of pissed off.

Can we expect equally rash and ill informed reactions when your PM then?

I don't think there are any defender tactics that I am not already aware of :P

:D Pure statesman. :D

Assuming you win, you will then be ruling 3 different regions with different perspectives, but, more importantly, how would you manage your time?

Your opinion on the recent events in Equilism?

Namyeknom:
Can we expect equally rash and ill informed reactions when your PM then?

Ooff, that’s a curve ball right there. I expect as PM I will be more well informed of important events than I have previously been as a Minister, we are not always given the needed information in a more than timely manner. And I wouldn't exactly call my actions rash, you can get me on the ill informed part but they were not completely rash. I just simply felt that something needed to be said if we were not going to be presented with the proper facts, obviously now those facts have been released now so it’s a moot point but at the time it was relevant.

north harmoneia:
Assuming you win, you will then be ruling 3 different regions with different perspectives, but, more importantly, how would you manage your time?

Well, I would like to think Lone Wolves United can manage itself without me always having to step in and lead it by the hand. I would also like to think I am little more than a figure head in Lazarus and that the Yaman Council has the real power in the region, not the delegate. That being said, I am more than confident I can handle everything on my plate.

north harmoneia:
Your opinion on the recent events in Equilism?

The Founder is changing directions in an attempt to increase activity, good for him. In my opinion the only reason why there is such a fuss over this is because it’s a defender region and they usually tend not to operate let that. If Equilism was a raider region no one would bat an eye. Thus is the nature of a userite region, the founder has complete control.

On to other issues, the recent Feeder Summit was a complete joke, more could have been accomplished in a 15 minute IRC conversation than the month and a half we have hosted the discussion.

One question, in light of your above comment, does this mean you will be reinstating IRC cabinet meetings?

Haor Chall:
One question, in light of your above comment, does this mean you will be reinstating IRC cabinet meetings?

You people like to imply and assume quite a lot :P

No, that does not mean I am necessarily going to reinstating the IRC cabinet meetings but I do recognize the fact the IRC/ MSN/ and AIM meetings are extremely productive. I have used them before in the past to discuss large events that need immediate attention and strongly encourage the practice whenever possible.

Do don't support a continued ban of Limi because I don't think it was his intention to have the information he passed on to the Lexi's in a manner which would have directly threaded the lives or personal security of any TNP residents.

BW, he posted a whole list of IP addresses on another forum. No matter what his intentions, it's a threat to the privacy of those whose IP addresses got posted.

Well, I would like to think Lone Wolves United can manage itself without me always having to step in and lead it by the hand. I would also like to think I am little more than a figure head in Lazarus and that the Yaman Council has the real power in the region, not the delegate. That being said, I am more than confident I can handle everything on my plate.

This said, would you resign your positions in those regions, or take up a position of lesser responsibility if you were elected to Prime Minister here, or do you believe you would be able to hold leading positions at all three?

Herfold:
This said, would you resign your positions in those regions, or take up a position of lesser responsibility if you were elected to Prime Minister here, or do you believe you would be able to hold leading positions at all three?

As I stated before I believe I can handle the responsibly and I am up to the task. Also, truth be told, I have been thinking about resigning my position in Lazarus. Delegates in Laz, traditionally, only hold the position for just so long and I think I want to continue that trend.

Hersfold:
BW, he posted a whole list of IP addresses on another forum. No matter what his intentions, it's a threat to the privacy of those whose IP addresses got posted.

The IP list is the security risk but the person is not. I don't know where he got that list but its clear to me it was not by the old avatar trick and I don't think it was a hack and even if it was a ban isn't going to stop that. The ban just seems to me to be a bit extreme; it doesn't make our new arrivals feel exactly welcomed to see former members with the ban masks. I know full well this is going to damn me in many people's eyes, and more than likely yours Hers, but that’s how I feel about it so I am sticking by my statement.

Fulhead Land:
Do you think your being subjected to harder questioning than any of the other candidates still in the PM race?

Not at all, Grosseschnauzer got asked to make a Haiku and as we all know Haiku's were invented by the devil as a form of mental torture.

It wasn't just IP addresses that were posted, but e-mail addresses as well. Since email addresses are not routinely visible in this forum, that created a problem in that the email addys opens their owners to phishing and spam, and attacks by embedded trojan horses and other computer viruses and what have you.

Doesn't matter whether they are in fact used for that purpose, it is the fact that the information could be used for that purpose, since the IPs and e-mail addresses in the records Invisionfree creates for this forum are not normlly disclosed as a privacy concern.

Right, the potential is there, but the potential is always there, it always exists. Look, I'm not saying "Limi's actions were good and we shouldn't punish him at all for it", all I am saying is that to ban him is more or less pointless, just give him a guest masking or, it you really desire, delete the account all together and report the action to Invisionfree. Ban masking just gives more of an opportunity to our opponents to say “Look! Look! TNP is evil and oppressive! We should overthrow them!”

Also, Grosseschnauzer, don't forget my IP and my E-mail was in that list too, I am at risk just as much as everyone else.

I'm fairly new to the whole nationstates world and hella interested in backgrounds of fellow members. But even in the short week I've been here, I'm been collectin quite a bit about nationstates history in general from IRC channels to nationstates own forum. And from what I've been able to gather, it seems to me that LWU's activity, the very region your currently in charge of, has been lagging behind considerably. Which seems to me fights your own hope.
Well, I would like to think Lone Wolves United can manage itself without me always having to step in and lead it by the hand.

-over half of your former 100+ nations have CTE in just under 3-4 months.
-forum and raiding activity has slowed down quite a bit in the last two months or so while other raider regions are carrying out raids every week and are booming with activity.
-Many long time members of the LWU has either resigned, have left LWU without warning, and a select few have been caught for treason against their own region.
-rumors on some IRC channels say that a few long-time LWU members have, or are going to, deflect off to other raider regions simply do to lack of activity in the LWU region.
-I've heard from a few that a LWU Assembly was formed some months ago. But it's been somewhat of a joke, only passing 2 bills and undecided on the third bill on foregin affairs. Are you scrapping this part or is this just another part of the LWU that's gone dead?

From this, I've been concluding that the leadership in LWU isn't all that great. The main worry I have is that since the leadership in the LWU is weak, and that you are the Commander in Cheif of the LWU, how can you really believe that you can manage being the Prime Minister of a feeder like TNP when a running a small region like LWU isn't really going too well for the region in itself?

PS-I'm not really interested in being apart of raiding or defending, I just like to know people and regional backgrounds, but if any of this is false or misleading info, please do clarify.

EDIT: added and removed a few things

Regarding Limi: What I say next is second-hand, but it is my understanding from what Flem and Hers have stated elsewhere in the forum, that in order to prevent the further disclosure of the information that is at issue, Limi had to be put in the "banned" mask; from what I understand, it was not clear (and it still may be not clear) exactly how Limi got some of the information, and until that is fully understood his status has to be severely restricted.) I

t is also my understanding that a report to Invisionfree had not been ruled out. But that is an admin responsibility, and I'm sure Hers and Flem have a better understanding of what they would need to provide Invisionfree in making such a report. Has a report been made? Will a report be made? That's something Hers and Flem will have to respond to.

But I will note that at least one forum member who is in the RA has flatly stated that this presents a serious RL problem for him. I would much rather that we not underestimmate the RL difficulty this may present to at least some of the other forum users here.

t is also my understanding that a report to Invisionfree had not been ruled out. But that is an admin responsibility, and I'm sure Hers and Flem have a better understanding of what they would need to provide Invisionfree in making such a report. Has a report been made? Will a report be made? That's something Hers and Flem will have to respond to.

While we're kind of going off-topic here, a report will not be filed. Invisionfree's standard response to such reports is "Did you contact the administrators to have it removed?" If the answer is no, they will ignore the report until that answer is "Yes, and they refused / I was ignored." We have contacted the Administration of the Lexicon forum and I am assured that the list has been removed. The agent who made the initial report has confirmed that it is indeed gone.

Sorry for hijacking the topic, BW, you may have it back now. :)

Chaos Faction:
From this, I've been concluding that the leadership in LWU isn't all that great. The main worry I have is that since the leadership in the LWU is weak, and that you are the Commander in Cheif of the LWU, how can you really believe that you can manage being the Prime Minister of a feeder like TNP when a running a small region like LWU isn't really going too well for the region in itself?

First off, who the hell are you, where the hell did you come from, and how the hell do you know so much about me? :P

You’re partly correct, LWU leadership is not what it uses to be, but let me explain why. First off one of our old generals, Meridianland, quit LWU after we did not come out in full support of her destruction of a defender forum. That hurt us quite a bit since Meri was one of our best raiders and she has since move on to become the next Field Marshal of DEN (the leader if you didn't already know). Next, and a bit more painful, is the original LWU founder Scardino, who recently retired from the game, which was quite a blow for everyone including the leadership. And finial, Limitless, who until recently was my second in command, retired fro, NationStates in order to join the United States Navy. So, yes, LWU's command system is a bit in disarray after repeated hits and yet its still there while most other raider groups would have disbanded after such blows.

-over half of your former 100+ nations have CTE in just under 3-4 months.

The summer took a bad toll on all of NS and we were no different, most of the 100+ were not active troopers anyways and we were just returning to a normal nation level after an unexpected boom in population.

-Many long time members of the LWU has either resigned, have left LWU without warning, and a select few have been caught for treason against their own region

Such is life in all raider regions. People leave the game, change interests, or were really defender spies.

-rumors on some IRC channels say that a few long-time LWU members have, or are going to, deflect off to other raider regions simply do to lack of activity in the LWU region

I am unaware of these rumors, and I have to say that troopers do not need my express authority to raid, there have been examples of independent raids in the past, if troopers feel there are not being used all they need t do is find a few other fellow wolves and raid with them.

-I've heard from a few that a LWU Assembly was formed some months ago. But it's been somewhat of a joke, only passing 2 bills and undecided on the third bill on foregin affairs. Are you scrapping this part or is this just another part of the LWU that's gone dead?

People never seemed very into the Assembly of Wolves but it will remain there none the less.

All that being said, never forget that LWU still came from out of nowhere to become quite a force in NS. Other raider groups that were formed around the same time have no where never the captured region numbers we have or have become defunct all together. So there is much room for improvement, but for a group that is barely even a year old we are doing exceedingly well and I still take pride in the fact that I have lead that region to over 90+ regions taken which is more than the NPA has defended or liberated in any of its forms.

Any other questions?

I would define exactly what the requirements and standards are for becoming an RA. We have had problem in the past with this, we have a problem with it right now, and we will keep having problems unless it is dealt with correctly.

What shade of Blue are you, exactly?

I support your campaign, Sir Wolf! But I must know, did you eat Grandma?

edit: Thought of this while backing up from this topic.

Why is "Security Council" in the "Legislation" category?

Dalimbar:
I'm doing this for everyone, but instead of a Haiku, I wish a Cinquain on why I should vote for you.

Remember how I said Haikus were a work of the devil? Well, if that’s true then Cinquains were created by God to break the spirit of heretics and force them to the light.

Anyways, here’s my sad attempt at a traditional cinquain :P

Blue Wolf,
Lovely Raider,
Will Labor Intensely
As Elected Prime Minister
Trust Me
dblthumb2.gif

Next question/ odd request, please.

Back