Request for review

Hersfold

TNPer
To the Court of The North paciifc:

Due to a slight lapse of memory last term, it turns out we made a rather major mistake in reference to the amendment to the term lengths and periods of the Justices. The Cabinet failed to approve of the amendment before it was passed by the Regional Assembly. Obviously, this means that the amendment is not yet official. The question Gross and I have is this: Does this amendment have to be re-passed by the RA in addition to the Cabinet approval, since the Cabinet has changed since the amendment was thought to be adopted, or would the approval by the new Cabinet be enough?

Furthermore, does this affect anything for the Associate Justices?

With greatest apologies,
The United Federation of Hersfold

I need to point out that the question is based uon the fact that the constitutional amendment in quesstion was not submitted to the Cabinet for approval by a majority of its members after the amendment passed the Regional Assembly.

I refer the Court to Article VII, Section 2, which states the current procedure for Constitutional Amendments, and in particular the requirement that the Cabinet majority is to notify the regional assembly of their approval within 15 days of passage in the RA.

The questions for the Court are first, what can be done at this point with this amendment since it was never presented to the Cabinet for its approval within 15 days after the RA approved it, and if that amendment is not currently in effect, what is the term of office that applies to the Associate Justices?

OOC: Apologies to the members of the region, as I completely missed this when originally posted.*

The Court hereby acknowledges the request, and shall deliberate forthwith.

* To be fair, I have gotten roughly 12 hours of sleep in the last four days. Which actually means I have had more beer than sleep, but that is neither here nor there.

Back