An ADN Interview

Following the recent fall of activity in ADN, and the controversy that it is indeed dead, we have decided to interview the Deputy Director, SWATH
Thank you for allowing us to interview you, SWATH.

First of all, what can you say about your activity level?

Currently I spend 1 to 4 hours almost every night on NS Player sites. (1 to 2+ hours most of the time)
This is due to my part time job, I used to spend 4 to 6 hours a day on NS.

How is Pope Hope now a days? I hear she's busy and doesn't have much time for NS, if that's so, who is taking over right now? Is the A.D. N. doing well?

In Real Life the player behind Pope Hope has moved from Iowa to Virginia and is still getting settled in. The A.D.N. Deputy Director serves as the Acting Director in the absence of the Director, I currently hold the position of Deputy Director; I feel we are doing well.

From the (AoA) Articles of Alliance:
II. Governance of the Alliance Defence Network

A. Director
6. The Deputy Director who will serve as Acting Director should the Director be unable to serve, shall be elected every three months. Any member of the AND may stand for Deputy Director, but should a Council Representative win such an election, that person must resign from the post of Council Representative, and the region from whom the Deputy Director originates shall appoint a new Council Representative in whichever manner they see fit.

Is the A.D.N. really dead as some people claim?

No, summer down turn has reduced our activity levels.
Currently we are discussing a few internal reforms, as well three membership votes that closed on 28 August 2006, our three new member regions are LOUD, Democratic Union and The YoungWorld, what was that about dying :P

What about the rumors that say the A.D.N. will soon officially be shut-down?

No member region has put forward this idea in council and no member(s) have contacted me suggesting that the A.D.N. should close shop. Hey what happened to the GOOD rumors like SWATH is really Stars of Sky, why has no one started a rumor about Pope Hope having a Love child :P Or the A.D.N. plans to recruit Jerry Springer :lol:

It has been the recent talk of the town that the A.D.N. is no longer capable of defending and liberating regions, and that the power organizations such as A.D.N. and RLA are now no more, and are dying, what can you say about this?

People have said before that the A.D.N. is dying and it has not happened.
Summer in the last few years has been slow for us things usually pick up in the fall. However it is good our propaganda efforts are working, all our moving around in the shadows has paid off, we have been able to pant ourselves in some interesting places.

What are the future plans of A.D.N. to resolve these problems then, if I may ask?

Currently we are looking at modifying our Membership application process as well as what applicants can view, also I will be contacting members about going out an searching for regions to interact with us or apply for membership. It is also apparent that the A.D.N. will have to establish new ties other regions and orgs in the NS world with the changes that have taken place.

Ah, any last words that you would want to say to the world?

My time in NS has been varied and interesting for those who do not know me here is some of my history.

CDI: V.P., The_Empire: Vice Imperial Chancellor (Helped to keep the clockwork going over there )
Nasicournia since 18 July 2004 to 15 December 2005 & February 19 2006 to present I have been involved several gov. areas (Sometimes I think I ‘m the “Minister of Almost Everything ” Pope Hope probably wishes she had two of me :P)

I have been with the A.D.N. officially since 18 September 2004 and Deputy Director Elect 18 to 22 September 2005 and the Deputy Director since 22 September 2005. I have been involved with: A.D.N. Military, A.D.N. Intel, A.D.N. Gov., A.D.N. Internal Affairs, A.D.N. Board of Directors and as of 27 July 2006 I am part of the Site Admin Team.

A.D.N. unofficially 25 April to 7 June 2004 S5IA Yes this area on the OLD http://s3.invisionfree.com/ADN site was around long before the Ireland Mistake and known as the area where this blunder was planned which forced Alcatraz to temporally leave the A.D.N. S5IA was MADE for me! But that’s another story!

The A.D.N. Has been good to me and I try to be good to it in return.

The Pacific during the P.R.P. Era 5 September 2004 to 31 March 2006
Lt. Governor #-C 8 Jan - 20 Sept 2005
Lt. Governor #-D 11 Nov 2005 - 12 Mar 2006.
(I also helped to verify a few Pacific Governor elections)

OMG a Polts!!

Talk about egotistical:

Ah, any last words that you would want to say to the world?

My time in NS has been varied and interesting for those who do not know me here is some of my history.

CDI: V.P., The_Empire: Vice Imperial Chancellor (Helped to keep the clockwork going over there )
Nasicournia since 18 July 2004 to 15 December 2005 & February 19 2006 to present I have been involved several gov. areas (Sometimes I think I ‘m the “Minister of Almost Everything ” Pope Hope probably wishes she had two of me tongue.gif)

I have been with the A.D.N. officially since 18 September 2004 and Deputy Director Elect 18 to 22 September 2005 and the Deputy Director since 22 September 2005. I have been involved with: A.D.N. Military, A.D.N. Intel, A.D.N. Gov., A.D.N. Internal Affairs, A.D.N. Board of Directors and as of 27 July 2006 I am part of the Site Admin Team.

A.D.N. unofficially 25 April to 7 June 2004 S5IA Yes this area on the OLD http://s3.invisionfree.com/ADN site was around long before the Ireland Mistake and known as the area where this blunder was planned which forced Alcatraz to temporally leave the A.D.N. S5IA was MADE for me! But that’s another story!

The A.D.N. Has been good to me and I try to be good to it in return.

The Pacific during the P.R.P. Era 5 September 2004 to 31 March 2006
Lt. Governor #-C 8 Jan - 20 Sept 2005
Lt. Governor #-D 11 Nov 2005 - 12 Mar 2006.
(I also helped to verify a few Pacific Governor elections)

Well, perhaps he misunderstood "any last words" for "tell me about your NS career and how great you are"!! An honest mistake, I guess I'm just humble!!

Ok, I haven't been around this NS too long, but that individual who was interviewed seemed VERY full of themselves.

Ugh.

Informative interview, tho!

:bat:

IK

Didn't really think of that. If you really want to be that important an entity, shouldn't you find the time to make this work for you.

IK

:bat:

Well, I was in the ADN for a long time, and still have access (so I still kinda am). I've always found the "summer slowdown" excuse to be silly. It was during a summer when UPS Rail and Great Bight took this region, the summer before that that Francos Spain took the Pacific, etc. But there has been a slowdown of activity throughout NS that has been occuring since WAY before this summer. The only two regions that haven't really experienced this slowdown, from what I've seen, are TNP and TWP, and that's because of conflict and change (TNP and Lex, GiE vs WPT).

The ADN, since the AoA, has had virtually NO internal conflict. In a sense, I think the AoA has worked TOO well. Hostilities with the NPO have seemed to cease, and after defending for years and years as many ADNers have, they get bored. ADN just needs conflict, or at least change for the sake of change. Getting a new, democratic AoA would be a good start, IMO.

EDIT: So in conclusion, part of it is the ADN's fault, part of it isn't :P

Yea, the game is slower, and the ADN is just an old dinosaur, fossilizing alive.

Or something.

Point being, I never really cared about the ADN, why should I start now?

I love asking NS noobs who spout "The ADN is evil!" just what exactly the ADN had done to deserve that. I am often treated to backpedalling, tautologies, and profuse stuttering.

Oh, and by the way, you should know that the ADN (read: Pope Hope) runs all its member regions, as well as some former member regions. Remember, kids, when you signed the ADN Charter, you signed away your region's present, past, and future rights to self-government. You also owe the Poper a quart of your firstborn's blood.

The NPO runs the rest of NS, in case you were wondering.

:eyeroll:

Ah. Now there you are mistaken. The NPO sided with us against the Lexicon. Thus they are also an ADN puppet.

Which means... if the NPO controls the rest of NS, then the ADN does actually control everything!! Except the Lexicon of course.

:blink:

Or something like that anyway...

Burn :P

The ADN is dead, and one guy saying "No! No! I'm still here so its still alive!" isn't going to change that. In fact ADN is so dead we might as well call it The Youngworld Defense Forces and Co. seeing as TYW is doing most if not all of the defending.

Oh and HC, your incorrect, ADN does in fact control Lexicon. Secret internal documents prove that, in fact, all of the Lexicon founders are ADN spies but due to the sensitive nature of their mission, none of them were told about the others actives, and that is the only reason Lexicon has not joined the ADN outright.

Of course! How could we have possibly missed it?! :o

Cathyy is Pope Hope! IP is Unistrut! Wilkshire is Westwind!

IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

Also, every female that plays NS is actually Pope Hope in disguise. Yes, I confess, I am Pope Hope. GBM is PH; Neenee is also PH. SoS, Carinthe, CG, and Flem's wife? All Pope Hope.

No, you have to have had a girlfriend for the ADN to do that. :P
I did have a girlfriend, but then I had to go away for a few months! The ADN added her to their Cabinet, and when I got back we broke up! It's the ADN's fault!

Of course! How could we have possibly missed it?! :o

Cathyy is Pope Hope! IP is Unistrut! Wilkshire is Westwind!

IT'S SO OBVIOUS!
You are so, so close, yet far off.

Also, every female that plays NS is actually Pope Hope in disguise. Yes, I confess, I am Pope Hope. GBM is PH; Neenee is also PH. SoS, Carinthe, CG, and Flem's wife? All Pope Hope.

Don't be ridiculous. You're not a girl you're a penguin.

It was a nice interview you have done north harmoneia. I can certify Swaths statement that ADN is a living organisation. It shows ADN's liberation of 3 regions last week. The YoungWorld was not alone in this mission. :yes:

Ah. Now there you are mistaken. The NPO sided with us against the Lexicon. Thus they are also an ADN puppet.

Which means... if the NPO controls the rest of NS, then the ADN does actually control everything!! Except the Lexicon of course.

:blink:

Or something like that anyway...
Nah, you got it all wrong - it's the Illuminati that really runs the whole world, only nobody knows it. :lol:

The ADN is just where the Illuminati does their shopping for shoes, undergarments and beer. It's like Target, only better!

well well oh hell well that was an interesting read?!? Umm yes i am putting the stick pin away. Hey could someone show me the direction to the carnival I need to put my stick pin to use

:ill:

As usual I undestood bugger all fropm that interview. Though I did already know who the ADN is. How long do you have to play this game for to learn all this stuff?

Back