Wikihopping

If you've never played, let me brief you.

Basically, wikihopping is a game where you try to get from one page to another in as few "hops" as possible. You may not use the search function at any level, but must start that the first page and end at the last using the cross-reference links on each page. Once you're done, post how many hops you took. The next person must start on the page you ended on and get to the page you define.

THIS IS EASY LEVEL

Use of disambigulations: ALLOWED
Use of back button: ALLOWED. If you use your back button, subtract that number of hops. Once you go back, you may not take the same path.
Dead Ends: NO PENALTY
Use of "What Links To This": Limited to determining eligibility of the destination.

Vandalizing the article is forbidden, and will prolly tick off the wikimods.

DON'T CHEAT! You have to post your whole path, and anyone can go and call you on it! Objective is to get the lowest score possible while learning from the massive archive that is wikipedia.

First hop:

Odaiba, Japan > Crayon Shin-chan (Odaiba - Fuji TV - Super Milk-chan - Crayon Shin-chan) 3 points.

Second hop:
Crayon Shin-chan > Hermit Crabs

Crayon Shin-chan > Tokyo > Pacific Ocean > Shellfish > Crab > Hermit Crabs

5 hops.

Next goal: Ohio State Highway 141

---

Edit, two more questions. I assume the the following two things aren't allowed: Firstly, vandalizing the article to include a link to the target (duh!), secondly, going backwards by using the "What links here" function.

Obviously. Unfortunately, you can't pick something with less than 3 links directly to it that aren't user/talk pages. So pick something else.

(adjusting rules to compensate.. a lot of stuff was rather left undefined)

Hermit crab - Ecuadorian Hermit crab - Scavenger - Carnivore - Herbivore - Orangutans - Terry Prachett - Rincewind
7 points - 10 total (my bad)

Next Goal: Conference

Er... those were 7, unless I miscounted or you only count the articles between the two endpoints (in which case my last score was 4, not 5).

Rincewind -> Discworld (World) -> Earth -> Planet -> Conference

4 hops. Yes, I rock.

Total: 9.

Next goal: Forrest Gump.

Hmm...

Conference - Methodism - United States - President of the United States - John F. Kennedy - Forrest Gump.

Poom.

Next: Prism.

Forrest Gump -> Chroma key -> Rainbow -> Prism (optics)

3 hops.
Total: 12, over 3 rounds.

---

It's a prism. There is also no article actually titled "Prism".

Next up: Pirate.

Edit: Realized that this article redirects, so the correct final article is Piracy.

Edit2: This can actually be done in 2 hops. Solution left as exercise to the reader.

Prism (optics) -> The Dark Side of the Moon -> Piracy.

It's a fluke, of course. The piracy link should actually point to music piracy, which would require at least one more hop. Also, you might have been trying to start from the Prism disambig page, but my last hop was the Prism (optics) page...

Oh, and since I solved it now: Steve Irwin's next.

$*^&erF*(#ING CH#$@#!!!!!

I went to the dark side of the moon, but there was no link on the word piracy on that day for some reason. AAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHHH.

Anyway

Piracy -> Australia -> Culture of Australia -> Steve Irwin

3 hops

Next one would be Voice-over

Slow. I'll do it myself....

Voice-over -> Game show -> Ireland -> Scotland -> Constitution -> Habeas corpus.

You'd have thought "Magna Carta" would have it, no? Or that at least ONE SINGLE link in United States pointed to "constitution" rather than "United States Constitution", hm? Or that the "Bill of Rights" had a LINK to habeas corpus, instead of just referencing it by name. Gah. You don't see Wikipedia at its best here...

---

Next: Polaris.

Back