Nikki no Sato

Things Change

I tend to mindlessly, disconnectively ramble in things like this. Fair warning.

I've found myself in a precarious position as of late. I changed my job fairly recently to something far more risky, and performance oriented. The potential for me to make money is more than there, so long as I work industriously, it is assured.

But I've never been one for an industrious work ethic. Now don't get me wrong, I like to work, and I like to do my job well, but I'm essentially a lazy person in essence. I'm introspective and quiet, I like what I like, and I don't mix well with a lot of people. Like my sister, most people form an opinion of me in a few moments, and it is either very positive or very negitive.

I got a new car (because I can afford it) and sometimes I worry quite simply because the nature of my job assures me a minimum income that is of substance compared even to my old wage slave job. Maybe it is because I fear failing at my job, but such fear and uncertianty doesn't rule me. I still go to work and I remain as liesurely as possible. Possibly it is allowing my expences to exceed that minimum income that is causing me problems. If I can't count on it to always be there, it's not money I want to spend before I recieve it.

Interestingly enough, I still find it hard to believe I made such a bold move, changing jobs the way I did. Seriously, I did what most people dream of. I went to my boss, turned in my uniforms and told him he could find someone else to screw over, because I quit. I then told him off for screwing me over so badly. And I enjoyed it.

Now, I'm finding things begin to settle down, and I feel like I need more life in my surroundings. Anyone that knows me well knows that I have some ryukin, a spoiled betta and a mass of snails (I love snails, they're so cute). Lately, I've found myself wanting a tortoise. Preferably as young as possible. Itty-bitty little guys. And I keep wondering if I should.

Sure enough, to my shock and horror, today the BDC at the dealership I work at was closed, and I'm now back in sales. At least I'm in internet sales.

Back