Elections and the next term

As many of you have noticed, I decided not to run for a 4th term as Speaker, partly because I think I've done all that I can for 3 terms and the job is quite draining. (In regards to sniffles' campaign post, I actually have only held this job for 3 terms, not 5).

However, I don't know what I'll do with myself for the next three months. :lol:

At any rate, I'll be updating the Announcements thread for the recent votes and such.

If sniffles wins the vote, I extend my best wishes for this office. I'm sure he'll do fine if elected.

I also thank the members of the RA over the past 9 months for what we've been able to do together. There has been talk of streamlining the RA and such -- in truth I don't think it's necessary. Extended debate may seem unwieldy and inefficient, but it is how we have managed to get everyone's opinions aired. I personally believe we have passed better legislation as a result.

I for one appreciate the difficult job you've had (after all, I was the one who originally proposed the office at the Constitutional Convention), and salute your efforts during your tenure as Speaker.

There's plenty of toom over here in the Elder Statesmen's Lounge off the flooe of the Assembly. Feel free to join me over here! :lol:

Wiz, you've done a great job! Thank you for all your hard work in service to the region. I hope after a well-deserved respite you will be willing to contribute your talents to other areas of government.

Cheers! :toast:

Back