C'thul Murgos of MoIIA

I'd like to state right up front that I do not expect to win this race. If my past experience shows anything, elections are little more than glorified popularity contests. Let's face it: I'm not popular, I'm a hard-ass when it comes to what I believe, and a great many people don't like me. On the plus, I'm unlikely to flake out on my responsibilities ((hello steady work schedule!)), and I will take them quite seriously.

My platform is as follows:
- Better, more comprehensive security checks for RA applicants.
- Requiring interviews prior to approval.
- Through various means at the disposal of myself and others, greatly encouraging native support and population of the government forum, allowing greater participation.

My direct experience:
- Deputy MoEA

Questions, comments, death threats.

Given your platform, it appears you feel part of the MoIIA's job is to take a more active role in approving membership to the RA. Is this solely because we are at war, or do you think such care is necessary on a regular basis?

Do you have any concrete plans to encourage more participation on the part of the members of TNP? Do you think it valuable to encourage the *current* RA members to participate more, rather then just joining and no more?

Is this solely because we are at war, or do you think such care is necessary on a regular basis?

I would make the same reccomendations were we at war or not. Had we taken such care on a regular basis, our advarsaries might not have gotten the foothold they did.

Do you have any concrete plans to encourage more participation on the part of the members of TNP?

At the moment no, but it is something I am thinking a great deal about, and discussing with people privately. In other words, it's something I want to do and that I want input on.

Do you think it valuable to encourage the *current* RA members to participate more, rather then just joining and no more?

At this point, only a tiny percentage of TNP nations (likely that the percentage is higher of the actual people) are represented here on the government forum. I feel at this point in time that more is priority, and their activity is up to them. We can't expect everyone to be as active as the 'big-wigs' here, but if we are to call ourselves a democratic government, we should be doing what we can to make it as democratic as possible. The best way this can be executed at the moment is by swelling the ranks of the RA with those with a vested interest in at the very least, the delegate elections.

What security checks do you plan on doing?

Having the records of when (my sister) held this office, I feel that the checks she ran should be built upon, and modified to be more in-line with the constitution. I'd particularly like to add the interview process as well as nation-checks via scripts, where they've been, how long they've been in the region, etc. Laws surrounding immigration and RA representation need to be toughened. Anyone that is a student of the Santayana school of thought, such as myself, would know that failure to act upon mistakes made will result in the same mistakes being made.

As a drunken reminder:

I'd like to remind everyone that elections are not just about who you like. When presented with options you choose who you think is best for the job. When you don't like the options you are presented, you run yourself. If you don't run ourself, you're delelict in your duty to true democracy, especially in these circumstances. That's what made me run in the first place.

When you choose someone you just like the best, you're not being true to deomcratic process. Don't vote for someone if you honestly don't believe in them. Even if you hate them. Even if you think from a persona point of view they're the scum of the earth. elections are not the place for emotion, but a place for truest, logical thought. Because even if you hate their guts, if they'll do a better job, they're the better person.

I have a lot of respect for my opponent, and I'm not going to badmouth him, even in my current state where I'm very prone to speaking my mind. Fact is, I have nothing bad to say about him. But I do believe that the intelligent among us will see the difference between him and me, and will vote with their mind and not their heart.

For those of you that vote with your heart alone, I have no respect for you anyway, vote for my opponent. I don't want your vote to begin with. I'm not here to win the hearts of others and get them to like me, I'm here to win their sensibilities, their minds with logic and honesty. If you have a problem with that, don't vote for me. seriously. I want people in their right mind voting with their minds voting for me. And just because you like me isn't reason enough. Frankly, nobody should like me. I've got too much running against me in that regard.

If you vote for me, I hope I've given you more than enough truely logical reasons to do so, and if I haven't, that's what this thread is for. And if you've decided to vote for my opponent without using this thread... well frankly I don't want your vote, because you're not the kind of person I want support from. Frankly you had your mind made up from the beginning and never gave me a chance. If that's the essence of who you are, I'm glad not to know you, nor call you friend, nor call for your support of me.

So if you want to vote for me only because you dislike Limi for whatever reason, forget it, I don't want your vote. Vote for me if and only if you believe in me and what I've said, or what I say to you when you ask me something. Frankly, I want to be proud of every vote I get, and so far, I can say that. I have to be true to myself, and that's all I ever will be.

Back