-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
Voting ends Saturday the 24th, get your votes in now. :)

Repeal "Ban Single-Hulled Tankers"
A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution
Category: Repeal
Resolution: #11
Proposed by: Larry is still God

Description: UN Resolution #11: Ban Single-Hulled Tankers (Category: Environmental; Industry Affected: All Businesses) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: NOTING that environmental hazards are a primary concern in our interconnected,

FURTHER NOTING that Resolution #11, “Ban Single-Hulled Tankers,” identifies too narrow of a subject area, and should be broadened to support environmental concerns in other areas,

CONSIDERING that the support of well-written, comprehensive resolutions is fundamental to the longevity of the United Nations,

CONCERNED that Resolution #11, “Ban Single-Hulled Tankers,” is poorly written and ineffectual in that it defines a finite subject area and does not expand beyond it,

ALSO CONSIDERING that, as the United Nations has constantly shown, poor and ineffectual resolutions can be replaced with more effective ones,

SUPPORTING the replacement of Resolution #11, “Ban Single-Hulled Tankers,” with a proposal both effective and broad in scope in its support of environmental protections,

REPEALS Resolution #11, “Ban Single-Hulled Tankers.”

Co-authored by Dankism

This resolution is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution below. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

This one falls within the the category I talked about earlier today saying repealing and repeals are stupid. They are not really going to improve it, aren't they? I want ban on single-hulled tankers. Oil spills don't care about national borders.

AGAINST

The whole premise of this repeal is that the original was badly written. It's ridiculous.

Against, assuming I remember to actually vote. :pinch:

I think this repeal helps the middle class and working families. It also ensures a bright future for our children and our children's children. This repeal is simply a matter of good and evil, right and wrong, progress or darkness...well sort of...

*not in TNP*
I urge TNP to vote for this repeal b/c it is not necessarily about the repeal's arguments compared to the worthiness of the original resolution. The repeal add-on was made to ensure new UN members could review older laws. If the original (as described by the repeal) is inadequate, why keep it?

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the UN Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back