Newsflash!

A news reporter appears on screen in front of King C'Tal Yinthrak, as he enjoys his favorite program 'The Fleet of Fleets' from Hersfold... as the graphics of 'Breaking News!' flicker past his screen, he grumbles for the interruption.

We have breaking news for you right now, apparently a fight has broken out in the House of Spirits, as well as within the Shikireme, the governing body of the Tsuiraku. Soldiers and Prefects have been called in to quell the disturbances, but are meeting resistance from other soldiers and prefects. Early reports indicate that the disturbances seem to have been planned, and there is a distinct possibility that the Praetorate may be coming into civil strife.

More on this story as it develops...

The King lays back in his chair, and lets out an exasparated sigh. He tugs on a bellpull, and his senshal appears, an old, wiry man in his sixties.

"Yes, my king?"

I want you to mobilize the armies immediately. I am declaring martial law. Close the borders, impose curfew, and demand all troops immediately renew their vow of loyalty to me. Further, I want you to issue standing orders that all transmissions to and from all other Daiokuran colonies are to be blocked, except to me alone, until further notice.

"Yes, your majesty. Your will be done."

With that, the old man leaves with alacrity, as C'Tal returns his attention to his television...

Seven days have passed since the coup in Daiokura began. The Praetorate and most of her colonies are in total disarray. The military, Tsuraiku, has factioned into three seperate entities. The Shikireme, loyal to the Praetor and formerly a tight, elite bodyguard-like unit, has swelled in number to protect Kyoku, the capital. The Shikireme are heavily steeped in Shinobi tradition, and fight as such, with guile, and rarely in the open. Despite being outnumbered by the Tsuraiku nearly twenty to one, the capital still stands, Praetor Sato still lives.

The third faction have dispersed to various colonies not loyal to Tsuraiku or in turmoil, namely, BSR, Genkuta, and most strongly in C'tul Murgos, as King Yinthrak was the only one of all the colonies to declare martial law. The first two days of the coup, which is now more frequently referred to as a rebellion by the DNN, saw brief flashes of violence and attacks, but since the military was on every street of every city in the land of the Murgo, these flashes were quite short-lived, and are silent altogether by this point. As the forces came within his borders, King Yinthrak drafted them into the Murgo military, and now has a military easily the number of Tsuraiku itself.

On the sixth day, Juraiya, one of the three sanin-class Shikireme saught out King Yinthrak, and by his direction, the king declared the Murgo nation firmly on the side of the Praetor, and launched a direct attack against Deikura, first of the three traitors of the Praetorate.

The Murgo army advanced deep within Deikura on the first day, the soldiers well-under the cover of mobile EM deadeners, forcing the Tsuraiku-armed military of Deikura to close in for hand-to-hand combat, of which the Murgo Army is far superior. Three decisive battles have the Tsuraiku forces demoralized, and King Yinthrak and his armies in celebration.

Back