Guys-type thread

Basically what my sleep-deprived mind couldn't wrap around last night, is that I think sometimes guys tend to take their relationships more seriously, at least once they've settled on a girl. And I'm kinda thinking: "What is the deal with that, really?"

Basically what my sleep-deprived mind couldn't wrap around last night, is that I think sometimes guys tend to take their relationships more seriously, at least once they've settled on a girl. And I'm kinda thinking: "What is the deal with that, really?"
Everything short of peeing on 'em. And sometimes I hear that happens anyway.

Actually I do feel my relationship is like that, only it's the other way around, with her thinking about me constantly, and me thinking about other things... like pie

I'm going to wonder when this thread will move into the debate of whether women are more romantic than men..

At which point I will ride in with my infamous "defense of the enlightened guy" argument that I've developed at length during discussions with my friends.

I'm going to wonder when this thread will move into the debate of whether women are more romantic than men..

At which point I will ride in with my infamous "defense of the enlightened guy" argument that I've developed at length during discussions with my friends.
*tries and fails to resist finding out what the 'defense of the enlighten guy' argument is*

Are women more romantic than men?

wizard... discuss.

Men are romantic, in our own way I think. Maybe our women don't appreciate or don't understand some of the things we do sometimes, but we love em just the same.

Like for instance, whenever my hands are cold I like to warm them up on her. This usually results in a screech of protest, but it's really just an excuse for me to get close to her sometimes. Am I alone in that sometimes a guy feels they have to have an excuse to get in close?

[edit} and only when inebriated do I see the redundancy

Am I alone in that sometimes a guy feels they have to have an excuse to get in close?
Yeah, court orders and sexual harassment charges have put an end to me touching women whenever I want...

:blink:

Oh wait, you're not talking about total strangers are you?

:blush:

Just ignore all that...

:P

:blink: anyway, I'd have to agree with Flem that girls think about chocolate more often, rather than cookies. :P

and yeah, although it is somewhat disgusting on our part, Groclant is right.

and about the romantic thing, I think I'll leave that to you guys, as many wouldn't probably agree with what I have to say :P ;)

Guys, you never need an excuse to get in close. I'm not advocating groping here, but in general, the closer you are, the closer they feel to you (catch my drift there?). Now, if you're close and the woman says "back off" do as she says, but don't look for a reason to get close and put your arm around her, or hold her by the waistline. Be a man and just be comfortable touching people. It really helps

Harmoniea, speak your mind. We're all pretty enlightened here, and would love to hear what you have to say about romance in general.

What ^ said.

That's pretty much how I feel about the whole issue.

And NH, I think we can take it. Lay it on us.

hmm well okay, but don't kill me :D

You guys say that guys are romantic, but experience tells me otherwise. At the age of a teenager, all a guy thinks of is sex, kissing and touching. Well, I pretty much don't know what goes on in the minds of middle-aged women or men, but I really swear that teenager guys that I've met are like this. I'm not saying that all are like this, but it's like 90% of teenager guys are.

and before you assume anything, I am in no way a man-hater. I think that's quite obvious, well, at least in RL :P

hmm well okay, but don't kill me :D

You guys say that guys are romantic, but experience tells me otherwise. At the age of a teenager, all a guy thinks of is sex, kissing and touching. Well, I pretty much don't know what goes on in the minds of middle-aged women or men, but I really swear that teenager guys that I've met are like this. I'm not saying that all are like this, but it's like 90% of teenager guys are.

and before you assume anything, I am in no way a man-hater. I think that's quite obvious, well, at least in RL :P
Yeah, i'd say you're pretty dead on there NH. The only reason teenage guys are romantic (or what they think is romantic) is so they can get in your pants. Maybe in time they'll realize that sex isn't all that goes into a relationship. But probably not till they're too old to have sex. :lol: But of course I don't know if this applies to you NH, what with differing cultures and whatnot.

P.S. :fish:

Actually, I would daresay that the concepts of "sex" and "relationship" are not necessarily intertwined in the mind of the ttenage boy.

Or, perhaps I was just an amoral little whelp.

Actually, I would daresay that the concepts of "sex" and "relationship" are not necessarily intertwined in the mind of the ttenage boy.

Or, perhaps I was just an amoral little whelp.
No they're not. But wouldn't it be considered a relationship anyway since the two parties are having relations? :ADN:

Well you're talking about teenage boys there, Harmoniea. Older, more mature guys are alot different.

But we're not romantic cause we like it. We're romantic cause YOU like it, and we like making you happy.

hmmm sorry but youre wrong...most guys are "hopeless romantics" i in particular am well in love with someone and honestly sex has not once crossed my mind with her you can't make a generalisation with out haveing any reason behind it and honestly i see no proof of that other then television shows which are not at the least bit close to reality

No, most guys are "hopeless romantics" when a girl is in the room. The rest of the time, they are what Ilike to refer to as "teenage boys".

And this is why I am convent shopping for my daughter as we speak, as long as I can get one that will take them at twelve.

in your opinion maybe but in mine and through experience (and knowing many teenage boys) you dont want to know what happens when thier gf breaks up with them heh trust me...with one of my friends it was mor crying then i thought humanly possible...and yea there are several that will take them at that age...just go to aisa youll find plenty of them

Back