DD for Associate Justice

Article 5:
A - The judicial authority of the Regional Government is vested in a court, to be known as "The Court of The North Pacific." The Court is composed of a number of judicial officers, that is, a Chief Justice and at least two Associate Justices, with such an additional number as may be ascertained by law.
B - Trials and Hearings in civil, criminal and impeachment cases shall be before a single judicial officer.
C - Appeals of final judgments of trials and hearings shall be to the Court en banc before the Chief Justice and all of the Associate Justices.

It would be my honor to serve the region in the capacity of Associate Justice. While working with the Chief Justice and a colleague I would make it my personal mission to produce a fair, well reasoned, and fast ruling on any trials to which I am assigned. That seems to be the main issue of the Courts and I would like to help. My qualifications, for consideration, include a long line of positions serving The North Pacific. I have served as a Minister multiple times, as a Deputy Minister, and as a Global Moderator. I believe I am already well prepared for delivering impartial rulings because of my position as Global Moderator.

Any questions you may have can be asked here. :)

While working with the Chief Justice and a colleague I would make it my personal mission to produce a fair, well reasoned, and fast ruling on any trials to which I am assigned.
While I applaud your diligance in getting rulings out in a decent time I have a simple question for you.

At what point does the speed versus thoroughness tradeoff become too high?

What examples can you present as proof of your qualification for being an associate justice of the court?

Knowledge of the Constitution and a generally level headed approach to pretty much everything. Experience with a Judiciary specifically? None at this moment in time, but I am a fast learner. Thanks for your questions all.

Edit: Now that I think of it I do hand out judgements in my capacity as Global Moderator. I have always tried to remain fair and impartial, and the times when I felt I could not be so, I recused myself.

Back