Formal Discussion

First proposed by Haor Chall:

Proposed Ammendment of the Legal Code, Law 7

Section 2.The Auxiliary Branch of The North Pacific Army.

A - There shall be an Auxiliary branch of the North Pacific Army (NPA).
B- This branch will be under the control of the Minister of Defense (or chosen subordinate) and will not have a separate leader. The specific name of the auxiliary branch is decided by the Minister of Defense with majority support from the NPA members.
C - Members of the auxiliary branch will not possess the right of NPA members to be exempt from disclosing to the Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs the identity of the player's UN nation with respect to their voter registration
D - Members of the auxiliary branch are not required to post a pledge stating their acceptance of the NPA Code, but must be registered voters.

Section 3. NPA and Auxiliary Member Status

A - The MOD is responsible for updating and organizing the List of NPA members/Auxiliary no less frequently than once a Month. He/she must check the status of all such members and is responsible for demoting members to the Auxiliary branch or promoting a member's status as a full NPA member.
B - Prior to any election or referenda, or at the request of the Minister of Internal Affairs and Immigration (MOIA&I) or the Court of the North Pacific, the MOD must confirm the UN nation of any NPA member to the MOIA&I or to the Court. Until said confirmation, the vote of a NPA member may not be counted and the NPA member may not be selected for jury service.
C - Members seeking to join the North Pacific Army (NPA) are required to be registered voters members of the Regional Assembly prior to making application to the NPA. Acceptance shall be decided by the Minister of Defense and not by the deputy or other designee of the Minister of Defense.
D - All accepted members of the North Pacific Army shall be required to post their pledge in acceptance of the NPA Code. Until said pledge is posted an accepted member cannot be considered a full NPA Member. If the required pledge has not been posted with in a week, the accepted member will automatically be placed in the Auxiliary branch of the North Pacific Army may be removed from the NPA.

I could agree to this.

The MoD needs to say so openly that the NPAA is not needed, though I think he already did.

My expereince in other game-controlled regions is that auxillary cores were really great in the golden age...not we are nto really having large enough armies to do hardly anything.

if it is just naother paperwork hassle, then get rid of it.

All of the NPAA's functions could be replaced by simply asking a few more questions to NPA members.

Until we have people beating down the figurative doors to join the NPA, we don't need the NPAA.

I agree. All said and done, there is no real need for an auxilliary classification at this point.

I believe this is a good decision. Being new here I have sort of a fresh outlook on things, and it seems there is quite alot of beauacracy and paperwork in general to fill out and take care of. Correct me if I'm wrong on that. Anything that helps make the government smaller and quicker also makes it more adaptable and easier to deal with for the common person.

Auxiliary armies are typically are way of keeping track of people in the event of a very large mobilization. Speed and discipline are more important now, meaning the world prefers small forces that know what they're doing -warzone battles don't have enough time or interest. The only real occasion for auxiliary forces (which by definition are slow and rarely kept up) were as part of the Anti-Francos Brigades. World situation's changed now, no one has the gall or wherewithall to try that anymore, and should BlackAdder tuck in or our delegate here tuck out there's no need to keep an auxiliary list because everyone would be asked to help out.

So in short, it's an obsolete corps practice. We should streamline.

Back