-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
New UN Resolution, voting ends on Saturday. Remember, if I don't know your UN, you'll have to tell me. ;)

Repeal "Stop privacy intrusion"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution
Category: Repeal
Resolution: #10
Proposed by: Adolf Barham

Description: UN Resolution #10: Stop privacy intrusion (Category: Human Rights; Strength: Strong) shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: The United Nations,

UNDERSTANDING the privacy protections in Resolution #10, "Stop Privacy Intrusion,"

CONSIDERING that Resolution #10, "Stop Privacy Intrusion," does not enforce anything due to the wording used in that it only suggests that each UN member passes the legislation, making the resolution ineffectual,

NOTING that Resolution #10, "Stop Privacy Intrusion," severely hampers the ability of governments in the NSUN to catch criminals,

ALSO NOTING that Resolution #10, "Stop Privacy Intrusion," does not define many of the terms it contains, making it vague,

FURTHERMORE NOTING that Resolution #10, "Stop Privacy Intrusion," does not define "other kinds of interception of communications," nor what "serious" evidence of a planned or committed crime means, making it even more vague,

BELIEVING that an improved replacement that doesn't go too far in protecting people's privacy, should be made,

REPEALS Resolution #10 "Stop Privacy Intrusion."

Co-Authored by: Reveal and Repeal

This resolution is currently up for vote in the UN.

Please post your views and stance on this resolution below. Note, however, that you must have a UN nation in The North Pacific, or on active NPA duty, in order for the Delegate to count your vote.

Are people that worried they can't protect their own citizen's privacy thus instead spend time forcing others to do so?

I am not a TNP citizen, but give me a break. This repeal makes sense, and its downfalls are irrelevant b/c it only gets rid of a poor resolution not add poor law.

:duh:

The Democratic States of Adolf Barham:
Received: 80 minutes ago
Greetings Esteemed Delegate,

I have two requests:

You have voted against the current UN resolution and being a delegate, your vote counts a lot, so here are my arguments as to why you should change your mind. Please telegram me if you still disagree with my repeal.

I have clearly stated all the loopholes in the original resolution meaning that many nations (the ones who exploit these loopholes) are allowed to and do just intrude on their citizen's privacy whenever they please, however they want, by any means they want. I believe that this is wrong, so it should be repealed and replaced by Dankism's proposal which has no loopholes. His proposal can be found in the NS forums.

On the other hand, if a nation hasn't seen the loopholes and tries to follow the original resolution, it badly hampers their chances of catching criminals as they have to go through the phases of gaining evidence of a crime by other means and getting it approved by a judiciary. Dankism's replacement solves this problem by allowing a nation to act as soon as they have enough evidence, but to ensure that this privilege isn't abused, they request a warrant from the UN within 24 hours of the government acting on their evidence.

Please vote FOR my resolution. You can access the page by going to the United Nations section.

I would also like to bring your attention to our proposal 'UN security Act 1'. Crime rates are very high in many nations and the simple aim of this proposal is to lower these crime rates and make the world a safer place to live in for everyone. Please approve of our proposal, but if you do not wish to, could you telegram Adolf Barham or F-Carthage III explaining why, so that the proposal could be improved. You will find the proposal in the proposal list or at this link:

http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_proposal1/match=security

Thankyou for your support in my resolution and our proposal

Best Regards

F-Carthage III and Adolf Barham

P.S. Sincere Apologies if you have received this telegram previously.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the UN Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back