AI for MoC!!!

VOTE AI 4 MOC!

ai4moc1lk.png

About Apollo-Industria:

I am a member of NS who has been playing for over a year now with brief inactivities every now and then. I have been a resident of varied regions across the NS globe. In late JAnuary, I moved here, to the North Pacific with a sudden urge to be a part of a feeder region. And now, I stand before you today as finally eligible to run!

About the Minister of Communications:

The Minister of Communications does not handle foreign relations but more internal relations. How? The Minister of Communications deals wiht recruitment issues such as spam and Regional News and Ads. A Minister of Communications must also be active which I have not failed to do... yet...

About the Security Council:

The Security Council is the government body that deals with emergencies when the NPA is not ready. They take control of the situation to try and deplete it.

My Minister of Communications Plan:
  • Recruitment Cost: It's not too high but we need a little more foreign "spunk" in the region so newbies can pay the government at a lower cost. This may not matter much to people like Indie Girl who are richer than God but it can matter to new members.
  • Tighter spam plan: Since people constantly are breaking recruitment ad rules (and are constatly geting away with it), I feel the need to buckle down and eliminate this indecency. We need our region clean of spam. To do this, I will bring back up the campaign against spam in the region's RMB. I fear that I won't have much power in the forums.
My Security Council Plan:

What can I say? Be active and have control of emergency situations.

Any questions?

What do you feel could have been better about your current tenure as Deputy Minister of Justice?

AND

8-Track or Vinal?

What do you feel could have been better about your current tenure as Deputy Minister of Justice?

AND

8-Track or Vinal?
As for the first question, I think that if I had been a little more active, it would have worked out a little better.

As for the second, the only one I've heard of is 8-track and I will go with that.

I have some questions for you.

1. You have demonstrated several times (in my opinion) a tendency to impulsive behavior and judgement. Given that you are running for a Ministerial position, do you have any notion of toning down such behavior? Particularly since you are running for the position of Communications, which by its very nature necessitates that what you are saying is understood clearly by all parties concerned. And do you feel you can moderate NS discussions with a clear head?

2. You wrote this statement in the NPIA area:
To demonstrate a spying technique, I have, for many months, "fooled" my own region into thinking my main and my ambassador puppet were the same.
How on earth does that show the kind of character that one would expect from a Minister? Are we now to suspect that there are two of you in TNP? Or that you might on a lark try to attempt such a thing? You violated the trust of your region and you expect that to be looked upon as a good thing.

3. Even though you are running for Communications, you will nonetheless have a Ministerial vote. Therefore, please comment on a couple of questions. How do you feel about TNP and relations with other regions? Are there any regions that we should stay far away from?

4. You write that you will be active. Do you then plan to publish weekly or biweekly reports of the regional happenings? Do you plan to contribute regular news stories on the TNP Wire again? Actually, I take that back. What in the world are you doing posting articles that have nothing to do with TNP or anything we are remotely involved with on the News Wire? I agree it was sadly inactive, but perhaps it would have been best to comment on TNP happenings? Not your own personal happenings outside of TNP.

Do you have anyone in mind in choosing a deputy?

On a scale of one to ten, rate California. Ten being best, one being worst. No higher than ten or lower than one, please.

Let me take a chance to offer my personal experiences of these questions...

1. You have demonstrated several times (in my opinion) a tendency to impulsive behavior and judgement. Given that you are running for a Ministerial position, do you have any notion of toning down such behavior? Particularly since you are running for the position of Communications, which by its very nature necessitates that what you are saying is understood clearly by all parties concerned. And do you feel you can moderate NS discussions with a clear head?

There's no doubt he is impulsive and has a questionable past and collection of quotes but he is an outside thinker, someone who does stand up for what he thinks despite public opinion. There are obviously hazards to this (I think I would know the best) but take it for what you will.

2. You wrote this statement in the NPIA area:

To demonstrate a spying technique, I have, for many months, "fooled" my own region into thinking my main and my ambassador puppet were the same.

How on earth does that show the kind of character that one would expect from a Minister? Are we now to suspect that there are two of you in TNP? Or that you might on a lark try to attempt such a thing? You violated the trust of your region and you expect that to be looked upon as a good thing.

I also had my own suspicions including when he joined the NPA but from my own opinion, after having him up at past midnight (on school nights) working on projects I rejected on a whim, he is either the best undercover agent ever to exist and suffer in NS or a true character who has found the North Pacific as their true home. Once again take it for what you will.

At the very least read the disclaimer and the message under the avatar, accountability is about asking questions and if those in power can't even answer from those they're supposed to serve then there's something seriously wrong.

Do you believe a village idiot would be suitable for a position in government, especially in cabinet?

If you like, you can refer to the RL American president in your answer.

Do you believe that someone who works in the communications ministry should be able to speak the common language clearly and effectively?

Do you believe you can do this?

Do you know what the shortcut "F7" does in Microsoft Word?

Can you speak any other language?

What previous journalistic experience do you have? Please don't include the posts you have made recently on the TNP wire.

At the very least read the disclaimer and the message under the avatar, accountability is about asking questions and if those in power can't even answer from those they're supposed to serve then there's something seriously wrong.
I did read the disclaimer. :eyeroll: I happen to disagree with your views on what that means. I also second HC's question.

I would be very interested in seeing how the hopeful Minister of Communications answers the questions, rather than having someone speak on his behalf.

I'd like to second Digitalis' last question. Also,
These are my questions:

what future plans do you have for TNP wire?
how many times per month do you plan to write news?
do you plan to write inter-regional news?
lastly,
would you write articles against Goddessness?

To Erastide:

Well, first: I'm human and, though the mistakes I have made are ones not to be made, I am willing to start executing all points of evidence available. And second: Yes.

. You wrote this statement in the NPIA area:

The double-nation incident was a long time ago. I try not to bear the past too much. As for me having two people in TNP: no. As for expecting it: no. As for whether it's a good thing or not: first off, it was an ambassador puppet and myself so it wasn't much of intelligence. Second off, well, I can't quite think of one right now. :blush:

3. Even though you are running for Communications, you will nonetheless have a Ministerial vote. Therefore, please comment on a couple of questions. How do you feel about TNP and relations with other regions? Are there any regions that we should stay far away from?

For the relations, they are the best I've seen in my entire NS life. Well, there is only one I can think of: Nazi Europe, but that is a no-brainer.

4. You write that you will be active. Do you then plan to publish weekly or biweekly reports of the regional happenings? Do you plan to contribute regular news stories on the TNP Wire again? Actually, I take that back. What in the world are you doing posting articles that have nothing to do with TNP or anything we are remotely involved with on the News Wire? I agree it was sadly inactive, but perhaps it would have been best to comment on TNP happenings? Not your own personal happenings outside of TNP.

I decided to run for MoC and I am aware of its duties. As for the Wire, I will quote something from "Fiddler on the Roof": 'How can you live on without knowing anything about the outside world?'

JAL:

Do you have anyone in mind in choosing a deputy?

On a scale of one to ten, rate California. Ten being best, one being worst. No higher than ten or lower than one, please.

It depends on who wins and who loses, really.

I have never been to California so as I have never been I'll say halfway: 5.

HC"

Do you believe a village idiot would be suitable for a position in government, especially in cabinet?

If you like, you can refer to the RL American president in your answer.

Bush isn't a village idiot. He's a national idiot. Plus: Einstein couldn't add and he tremendously helped the allied forces. Besides, there's no tradition like a new tradition.

Digitalis:

Do you believe that someone who works in the communications ministry should be able to speak the common language clearly and effectively?

Do you believe you can do this?

Do you know what the shortcut "F7" does in Microsoft Word?

Can you speak any other language?

What previous journalistic experience do you have? Please don't include the posts you have made recently on the TNP wire.

1. If that means English, then well enough so people can understand him/her.

2. Yes. Though some may disagree highly with me.

3. Spelling and Grammar Check

4. A little and I mean like microscopic little of everything.

5. Well, I run a website for another region if that counts.

NH:

what future plans do you have for TNP wire?
how many times per month do you plan to write news?
do you plan to write inter-regional news?
lastly,
would you write articles against Goddessness?

1. Well, just to keep it what it currently is doing: reporting.

2. on the Wire, you mean? As much a month as something comes up.

3. Yes, if I can get to it first.

4. I write for the people (which includes other people as well). Not for me.

Digitalis:

1. If that means English, then well enough so people can understand him/her.
Don't you believe that the communications minister must excel at communicating?

2. Yes. Though some may disagree highly with me.
Shouldn't this be a cause for concern with you?

3. Spelling and Grammar Check
Very good, now have you ever used it before?

4. A little and I mean like microscopic little of everything.
Could you restructure this sentence using the correct punctuation?

5. Well, I run a website for another region if that counts.
No, I fear it does not. May I ask why you believe yourself suitable for this role?

What is my favourite flavour ice-cream?

Why should I NOT vote for you?

Can you give me your views on the need for maturity at a leadership level, in Haiku form please?

DIGITALIS:

Don't you believe that the communications minister must excel at communicating?

Yes. I will translate for anyone anytime.

Shouldn't this be a cause for concern with you?

Always.

Very good, now have you ever used it before?

Not really because it usually tells me if I'm right or not.

Could you restructure this sentence using the correct punctuation?

A little, and I mean microscopic little, of everything.

May I ask why you believe yourself suitable for this role?

Mainly because I have never seen a Ministry called "Communications" before and I wanted to try it out. And it looks awesome!

What is my favourite flavour ice-cream?

Strawberry. And I take it you are British?

Why should I NOT vote for you?

Shouldn't you be asking yourself that? :P

Can you give me your views on the need for maturity at a leadership level, in Haiku form please?

There were two samurai warriors. One was always lazy and pessimistic. The other was always ready for action. They both had to command in a battle. Due to the immature samurai's immaturity, the mature samurai was the only real leader, thus causing a loss.

(I hope that is how you do Haiku)

Yeti or big foot?

Yeti.

Everyone has goals in NationStates and in The North Pacific even if they have never purposely pondered them. Please take a moment to think about and explain to us what your personal goals in NationStates are and, finally, what your goals in The North Pacific are.

I never really had a goal in NS except to have fun playing the game. Sometimes it altered from that to ensuring global democracy, but afterward it altered to the main purpose. In TNP, my goal was the same. Altered sometimes, the same others. Although, I seem to be going about this politically, to me, playing politics is a lot more fun than just sitting around. To me, at least. It may not be for others.

I never really had a goal in NS except to have fun playing the game. Sometimes it altered from that to ensuring global democracy. In TNP, my goal was the same. Altered sometimes, the same others.

As Minister of Communications, it is almost guaranteed that your opinions will be made well known even if not purposely imbedded into the documents and articles you write. That said, I would like for you to expand on the section I have bolded before answering the following question if it is not answered when you elaborate.

What is your opinion on governments that are not and make no attempt to be democratic?

Which is why Apollo Industria has my support. The less politically correct BS the better in my opinion. We need more politicians both in RL and NS like Apollo Industria.

Question:

After seeing some independent attempts at processesed meat cleaning on the RMB what plans do you have for the RMB?

Back