AlHoma for Minister of Justice

AlHoma

TNPer
What do I stand for?

I stand for regional security, upholding of the laws of the region, regional soverignty, and the definition of responsibilities of the government. I will bring to trial those complaints that are presented to me.

I have yet to name a Deputy, but will be naming them shortly.

I stand open for questions.

As I've stated before, I have a twofold feeling about the incident.

1. I feel that we were entireley in our right to advertise in The Pacific RMB, however once we were provided with notice that our messages were not to be continued there, we should not recruit there.

2. From what I can tell, and I don't have the logs, I think that both sides are over reacting on the aftermath of the incident. Yes it was probably not a good idea for our representative to come back and start spouting about the "injustice" that was done to them. And Yes, the threatining proclimation from Black Adder was slightly out of line.

The second point I realize that I'm about 2 steps removed from the actual incident, and as such I'm not terribly hard and fast on the point.

Hello there, glad to see the interest in this ministry.

One of the biggest problems facing this ministry is that most citizens feel alienated from the Constitution and the Legal Code, how would you make it more accessible to the average voter?

After a term marked by varied success, how do you plan to lead this ministry? What are your goals and platform?

Also how do you feel Regional Security and the stringent rights of citizens can be reconciled? What are your position of endorsement caps?

One of the biggest problems facing this ministry is that most citizens feel alienated from the Constitution and the Legal Code, how would you make it more accessible to the average voter?

After a term marked by varied success, how do you plan to lead this ministry? What are your goals and platform?

Also how do you feel Regional Security and the stringent rights of citizens can be reconciled? What are your position of endorsement caps?

I agree that the current legal and constutional documents are a hodgepoge of "Go here, look at this, Sign this, Now Go away". I would, in collaboration with the Minister of Culture and Education, review the current "Guides for Dummies" and where necessary suppliment and extend. I would also make a unified location for all legal documents so that someone inquiring to a specific topic could be pointed at 1 location. Annother irritant that I have observed is that there are several "Editoral Notes" in the legal documents about the change from "RV and RA" to "RA". I would sponsor legislation, if it were outside the jourisdiction of the office, to clean up and ensure that the entirety of the code was easy to read.

As a survivor of the Pixiedance era I have a few thoughts about endorsement caps. I do believe that a Feeder region is one of the most dificult places to keep a delegacy. As such I feel that a hard and fast endorsement cap is slightly harsh, however I do think that keeping an eye on nations that are aproaching the same amount of endorsements that the delegate has would be a wise idea. While 2 endorsements are necessary to submit proposals to the UN, I think that if an unknown to the forums has over 1/2 of the endorsements of the delegate, then we should discover their intentions and possibly recruit them into the government. As to the security of the region versus the right of citizens to vote for whomever they so desire. I believe that the government must sustain the burden of proof for regional security purposes. However, citizens deliberateley causing a threat to the stability of the legally elected government will be dealt with more directly than those who make a mistep.

In conclusion:
Simplify the Legal Code
No Endorsement Cap
Citizens have the rights, but the rights may be suspended based on the behavior of the citizen

What is your experience in NS? How long have you played NS? What other regions and/or organizations in NS have you been involved in? Are you currently involved in any other organizations/regions?

I would also make a unified location for all legal documents so that someone inquiring to a specific topic could be pointed at 1 location.  Another irritant that I have observed is that there are several "Editoral Notes" in the legal documents about the change from "RV and RA" to "RA".  I would sponsor legislation, if it were outside the jourisdiction of the office, to clean up and ensure that the entirety of the code was easy to read.
I don't understand what you mean, all legal documents have their own section. So where else would you put them?

As for the editorial notes, they outline where changes have occured from the original document. The jurisdiction lies within Associates and Judges to correct. What would you think would be a better alternative to having the editorial notes? Would you have them at all? As for places they have missed in changing from RA's to RV's that would need to be brought forward to the RA's attention or the Judiciary to change.

I do think that keeping an eye on nations that are aproaching the same amount of endorsements that the delegate has would be a wise idea.  While 2 endorsements are necessary to submit proposals to the UN, I think that if an unknown to the forums has over 1/2 of the endorsements of the delegate, then we should discover their intentions and possibly recruit them into the government.

Nations with over a 1/2 of the endorsements of the delegate would be at around if not more than the Vice Delegate, thus it is already illegal. Do you thinking having a high endorsement count should matter enough to be "recruited" into the government and as such, what about those with malicious intent?

Leading the ministry also means being elevated to the cabinet, what place do you see yourself in this mix? As an advisor, activist, or team player?

What is your experience in NS? How long have you played NS? What other regions and/or organizations in NS have you been involved in? Are you currently involved in any other organizations/regions?
I started playing Nation states last feburary (Yes that was during the Moldavi time), however during the infighting of the constitutional convention, I decided I needed a break from nation states. I have been a part of TNP and The Lexicon. Currently I am involved with TNP and a hermit occupied region. AlHoma has been my UN nation for the entire period.

I don't understand what you mean, all legal documents have their own section. So where else would you put them?

As for the editorial notes, they outline where changes have occured from the original document. The jurisdiction lies within Associates and Judges to correct. What would you think would be a better alternative to having the editorial notes? Would you have them at all? As for places they have missed in changing from RA's to RV's that would need to be brought forward to the RA's attention or the Judiciary to change.

Nations with over a 1/2 of the endorsements of the delegate would be at around if not more than the Vice Delegate, thus it is already illegal. Do you thinking having a high endorsement count should matter enough to be "recruited" into the government and as such, what about those with malicious intent?

Leading the ministry also means being elevated to the cabinet, what place do you see yourself in this mix? As an advisor, activist, or team player?

My question regarding what evidence would be needed to begin a legal proceeding was a prime example. The document that we were looking for was not in "The Law" but rather in the Justice forum. I would make the "RA to RV" changes immediateley and dispense with the editorial comments. The RA has made the change, is it too much to assume that the government which approved the change will follow through with it's responsibilities?

I know that 1/2 of the endorsements is a bit much but my point is that if someone is activeley solicting endorsements, we as the government should be interested in their aspirations and convince them to join the forum. If they are hostile then the government would have satisfied at least a cursurory attempt to compromise with the individual.

As to being in the cabinet, I see myself more as a peace maker. I will express my view point and vote based on what I think is best for the region, however I will support whatever policy the government adopts.

I would make the "RA to RV" changes immediateley and dispense with the editorial comments. The RA has made the change, is it too much to assume that the government which approved the change will follow through with it's responsibilities?
Well the RA enacts the law, the Cabinet is in charge of the ministries while the Judiciary looks after the law. So the government in your sense isn't technically involved. However, does that mean you would rather the MoJ be able to update the law and strip those powers from the Judiciary?

Do you feel that political offices should have the mod powers to alter the constitution and legal code?

I would make the "RA to RV" changes immediateley and dispense with the editorial comments. The RA has made the change, is it too much to assume that the government which approved the change will follow through with it's responsibilities?
Well the RA enacts the law, the Cabinet is in charge of the ministries while the Judiciary looks after the law. So the government in your sense isn't technically involved. However, does that mean you would rather the MoJ be able to update the law and strip those powers from the Judiciary?

Do you feel that political offices should have the mod powers to alter the constitution and legal code?
I stand corrected. After looking through the organizing documents I observe that my main complaint is that TNP Law #7 Section 1 is an artifact. Regardless of the outcome of this election I will propose legislation to bring the offending section into more harmonius unity with the rest of the documents.

I don't understand, how does the organization of the North Pacific Army and the powers of the MoD reflect what you were saying?

Name the last thing you did to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

Name the most important thing you have done to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

Dance for me.

For both of those I would reference the "The North Pacific Stock Exchange". While I did put a substantial (time) investment into the system, I felt that this would provide a nice way for the forum users to interact in ways besides the OOC and Political discussions.

Second to that I would refrence my work as a voice of moderation as a positive experience on the region. Even though I have attempted to provide a open forum for reasoned discourse of ideas and a voice to those who seek to deliberateley make the forum a battle zone.

My apologies to you if this has been said already, but what do you feel you offer that wasn't offered or achieved in the previous government?

I feel that the Ministry of Justice has been silent in respect to it's own ministry and has not been advertising itself or the organizing documents. I believe in getting the users of the forum excited about the government that they are (nominitaveley) supporting. As such I intend to, with the assistance of the Ministry of Arts and Entertainment and the Chief Justice of the Courts, create a series of semi-frequent contests in which a ficticous case is presented and the first contestant who provides the correct answer will recieve a one hundred TNP Dollar prize. This both energises the users in a form of a contest and helps educate our citizens to the legal code so that questions of "Is this legal?" are pared down and more people become knowledgeable about our legal system besides grosseschnauser.

I'd like to thank everyone for the wild ride we had on the nomination bandwagen. I would like to thank mr_sniffles for helping me refine my position

As Alhoma has withdrawn from the MoJ race, I will be closing this topic in a few minutes. This serves as a last-minute chance for him to change his mind (again). :P

Back