Platform and Q & A thread

Fine, fine. It's pretty obvious that me and Cthul will not agree on the issues, but as my questioning seems to be doing nothing but winding the poor fellow up, I'll give up.

Cthul, I don't expect you to be a professor of international relations, but I would expect you to have some idea of the theories and ideas behind diplomacy and working with other actors. Hell, I'd also like to think that you have google skills.

I can't support your platform, and I don't agree with your ideas but I shan't bother you any longer; of course -- and this is a promise -- should your grandstanding prove to be something more than diplomatic ignorance, or should you start to become as belligerent as I feel you may be, I will not hesitate is attempting to have you removed from office. TNP needs a skilled diplomat, not a heavy-handed warlord, in charge of its external affairs.

Good luck with your campaign.

Are we talking Realism, Functionalism, Marxism or maybe even Critical theory?

Isn't Critical Theory a Marxist theory though? IIRC it also has a number of similarities with Gramscanism (or however you spell it). And what about Social Constructivism?

:huh:

A question (three actually) though, Cthul? Where does your name come from?

And, I notice you talk alot about regional security- in terms of TNP itself being invaded and such, and the "tactical theory" you mention, is the MoEA the best position to deal with these issues?

Isn't Critical Theory a Marxist theory though? IIRC it also has a number of similarities with Gramscanism (or however you spell it). And what about Social Constructivism?
It can be marxist, it can also be neo-marxist; it could quite possibly also be Neo-Gramscianist (?) in nature. Wikipedia also suggests that Feminism could fall under this catagory.

It's not really a specific set of theories, more an ideal that overlays existing ones. Although, for the record, I'm a realist and I think the rest are a load of BS ;)

Why should I not vote for you?

What is my favourite color?

Can you give me your opinion on free-market capitalism as it exists in the world today, in Haiku form please.

Would you be in favor of a "Mutual Pact of Non-interterence" between The North Pacific and the NPO in respect to the internal affairs of each?

Yeti or big foot?

Yeti. Big Foot is a monster truck. XD

Why should I not vote for you?

You should vote for me. :lol:

What is my favourite color?

Bugger if I know.

Can you give me your opinion on free-market capitalism as it exists in the world today, in Haiku form please.

I sell vehicles.
Isn't that enough for you?
No haiku for you.

C'Thul, can you please write a Haiku about exclamation marks?!

That little haiku above tapped me of my creative stores, which are being used to their limit lately. Gomen. :ill:

Would you be in favor of a "Mutual Pact of Non-interterence" between The North Pacific and the NPO in respect to the internal affairs of each?

Yeah, actually I think I'd go for that pretty well. I've been mulling the concept over lately of it.

Back