Platform and Q & A thread

I suppose if you're reading this, you want to know my platform for the Ministry of External Affairs.

FIRST: The Diplomatic Corps
The Diplomatic Corps is an organization plagued by inactivity for many reasons. It is my perrogative to maintain an active, strong Diplomatic Corps by adhering strictly to holding the members accountable to their duties. If they fail to perform their duties, even with an inactive assignment, they will be dismissed without prejudice. The DC is far too important now for it's members to be half-stepping in the duties they pledged to perform, and such is my wish and further my duty to assure to those they serve that they are not derelict.

SECOND: The Pacific and the NPO
Anyone that has been paying attention knows that I feel the Pacific and it's minions are a serious and possibly immediate threat to regional security. A vote for me is a vote in favor of a policy toward them that does not involve their appeasement. The North Pacific is a soverign region, and shall not tow the line of the NPO. The North Pacific faught long and hard to abolish the NPO from it's shores, and it is saddening to see a ghost of the past so foully ressurected. As minister, I will actively seek out military pacts and alliances to better secure our region against them.

For too long, the general attitude toward interregional relationshis has been along the lines of seeking to have no enemies, and no strong, close friends, other than the fellow feeders. We can no longer afford to take such a position. We need close friends and allies, and we cannot be afraid to have enemies, especially in those that already see us as such.

FINAL: Diplomats Strengthening Relations
What recruiting for the Diplomatic Corps that is done will begin in the domain of the MoA&E. Put simply, spammers make good diplomats. Once assigned, they'll go to their assigned region and do what they do best, spam. It will make them known and endeared in the region, strengthening relations.

I have already chosen my Deputy, Namyeknom. As a excellent and seasoned diplomat, and a rock of dependability, I could think of no one better to run with. We thus request your vote, and if elected, shall serve to the very best of our abilities.

The floor is of course now open to Q & A.

Q: What levels of diplomatic relations do you see as being viable for The North Pacific?

Q: Will currently accepted Embassies and Consulats be subject to re-evaluation for diplomatic status?

Q: What is the ultimate answer? (You don't have to answer this one if you don't want to)

Q: What levels of diplomatic relations do you see as being viable for The North Pacific?

Q: Will currently accepted Embassies and Consulats be subject to re-evaluation for diplomatic status?

Q: What is the ultimate answer? (You don't have to answer this one if you don't want to)
1) Could you be more specific?

2) Some, yes, but more likely than not this will be due to their activity and the state of relations between both regions more than any other factor.

3) The Ultimate Answer is in the Way. Or 42, I believe.

I see diplomatic levels rising, actually. I want more embassies, alliances, treaties, all in mutual benefit. The viability of each is dependant on the region, but I can see us becoming a center of diplomatic congregation.

FIRST: The Diplomatic Corps
The Diplomatic Corps is an organization plagued by inactivity for many reasons. It is my perrogative to maintain an active, strong Diplomatic Corps by adhering strictly to holding the members accountable to their duties. If they fail to perform their duties, even with an inactive assignment, they will be dismissed without prejudice. The DC is far too important now for it's members to be half-stepping in the duties they pledged to perform, and such is my wish and further my duty to assure to those they serve that they are not derelict.

Interesting. So how exactly do you intend to increase activity- aside from kicking out people- have you any thoughts on things that can be done to sustain interest and maintain activity in the DC? What are your thoughts as far as keeping DC members up-to-date with PM's to encourage them to take part and respond to threads such as roll calls, etc?

Anyone that has been paying attention knows that I feel the Pacific and it's minions are a serious and possibly immediate threat to regional security. A vote for me is a vote in favor of a policy toward them that does not involve their appeasement. The North Pacific is a soverign region, and shall not tow the line of the NPO. The North Pacific faught long and hard to abolish the NPO from it's shores, and it is saddening to see a ghost of the past so foully ressurected. As minister, I will actively seek out military pacts and alliances to better secure our region against them.

For too long, the general attitude toward interregional relationshis has been along the lines of seeking to have no enemies, and no strong, close friends, other than the fellow feeders. We can no longer afford to take such a position. We need close friends and allies, and we cannot be afraid to have enemies, especially in those that already see us as such.

Don't you feel that your personal grievences are having too much sway over the policy that most benefits TNP as a region? Would you not say that you are over-reacting to the supposed "threat" of the new regime, especially in a purely military context?

You mention seeking out military alliances and the like as well- who exactly do you consider are the sort of regions or organisations that we should be looking to for closer relations of this sort?

Does this mean that a vote for you is a vote for war between TNP and other feeders?

FINAL: Diplomats Strengthening Relations
What recruiting for the Diplomatic Corps that is done will begin in the domain of the MoA&E. Put simply, spammers make good diplomats. Once assigned, they'll go to their assigned region and do what they do best, spam. It will make them known and endeared in the region, strengthening relations.

An interesting idea. Have you not thought that perhaps some regions might not want foreign visitors coming in and spamming up their forum? Would you also consider that those who mindlessly spam are best suited for diplomacy and sensitive negotiation with other regions?

Interesting. So how exactly do you intend to increase activity- aside from kicking out people - have you any thoughts on things that can be done to sustain interest and maintain activity in the DC?  What are your thoughts as far as keeping DC members up-to-date with PM's to encourage them to take part and respond to threads such as roll calls, etc?

You either want to be in the DC or you don't. If nothing's been happening, then you should at least be reporting as much. Simply because there's little to report doesn't mean you have the ability to ignore an obligation you made.

As for keeping them up-to-date, the information they need to remain so is within their own forum. If they can't be bothered to check said forum, I can't be bothered to pick and nag at them to do their job. I'm not going to do it, because again, you're either responsible enough to do what you said you'd do, or your not. If you're not, you're fired. It's brutal, it's cruel, but I've a ministry to run, and a diplomatic corps to assist me, not for me to babysit.

Don't you feel that your personal grievences are having too much sway over the policy that most benefits TNP as a region? Would you not say that you are over-reacting to the supposed "threat" of the new regime, especially in a purely military context?

If the Pacific 'government' is going to explode with threats and bluster over something this minor, then it's obvious they don't like us in the least. They are no friend, no ally, but a clear and present danger to the region. To ignore them is akin to suicide. As for my personal bias, it is against one person and one person only, and it is just that, personal.

You mention seeking out military alliances and the like as well- who exactly do you consider are the sort of regions or organisations that we should be looking to for closer relations of this sort?

You may as well ask Hersfold to publish the list of NPIA members. That is not something I'm going to announce publically.

Does this mean that a vote for you is a vote for war between TNP and other feeders?

Hardly. A vote for me means you recognize the potential threat the Pacific and it's allies pose to us, and you are thus voting in favor of a foreign policy in favor of our defence, rather than ignoring or embracing them. It will not be TNP firing the first shot in any war, should it come to that. However, if war is necessary, it will be faught, instead of backed away from. No region has the right to threaten us as we have been.

An interesting idea. Have you not thought that perhaps some regions might not want foreign visitors coming in and spamming up their forum? Would you also consider that those who mindlessly spam are best suited for diplomacy and sensitive negotiation with other regions?

Most regions have a strong OOC area. These regions would be the targets of this. Also, not all spammers are right for it. Spammers do make good diplomats. They make friends in regions with active OOC boards, and this increases relations. Those able to maintain DC membership and be a good spammer are prime for the right regions, and this has been long overlooked.

Where do you see the North Pacific in this brave new NS world? How do you feel the recent changes in NS rules has changed your view of TNP foreign affairs?

Your comments in Cabinet regarding The Pacific situation lead me to the conclusion you are incapable of working in this ministry!!

Your platform here only confirms that conclusion!!

I hope someone else runs or Mr.Abstain will be receiving my vote!!

Sir, I ask you: Do you have any idea of the history between TNP and the Pacific? We have been at war with them, and it was probably the worst mistake we've ever made. Better men than you, or I negotiated a peace deal between us and we have had no problems with them since. You may not like their politics, but they have been a steadfast friend to us in previous times. If you perhaps took the time to speak to either me, BlackShear or Haor Chall about our experiences with them before you started this idiotic campaign, you'd see that.

Your war mongering platform has no place in TNP, which if you remember is a neutral actor. Should you attempt to take TNP into any kind of conflict with any other feeder, I shall do everything in my power to see you removed from Office.

I vote nay, and I don't believe that this candidate has even a basic understanding of diplomacy or international relations in NationStates.

A vote for him is a vote for a return to the dark ages.

-- edit --

One more thing, Cthul. Kimiko had ADN/NasiCorp access and was very anti-Pacific too; perchance are you continuing her good work? I'd hate to think that your campaign was due to the influence of another foreign power... that sort of thing never sits well in TNP.

Question (since this is a q&a thread)

Are there specific regions or alliances that you would like to see us deepening our relationship with during your term of office?

Most of the players here have interests in other regions, which may be seen to impinge upon their involvement here. What links have you, as a player, to other regions?

You may as well ask Hersfold to publish the list of NPIA members. That is not something I'm going to announce publically.

Errr... So does this mean you intend to seek out secret alliances? Constutitionally all alliances have to be voted on by the Regional Assembly which is hardly secret and slightly different to listing all the NPIA members I'm sure you'd agree.

Could you explain, Cthul, how an Military Alliance would be of any use to TNP? I'd appreciate as much detail as you can give.

Are there specific regions or alliances that you would like to see us deepening our relationship with during your term of office?

My moneys on... And ADN region.

Out of curiosity, are you registered on the Pacific forum? Could you tell us anything about there government structure other than 'OMGZ ITS A DICTAROSHIP!!!11!! ?

Dear god, I hope someone but you wins. If no-one else runs I'm bloody well going to apply for registered voters status and do it myself.

I once saw the regional message board of a n00b invader group that was gloating about invading a region. Someone asked 'what was the region' and the founder replied 'You will never know!! we have taken the region and nobody will ever know who we were.. we'll take that secret to the gravve!!

You remind me of him. How can you possibly think like that?

DD: Fixed the quotes. ^_^

Where do you see the North Pacific in this brave new NS world? How do you feel the recent changes in NS rules has changed your view of TNP foreign affairs?

Put simply I feel it leaves us in a more vunerable position as a feeder. Without a founder, a military incursion with enough persistence and good organization can eventually be successful. It is through diplomacy, a strong relationship with the current and incoming MoD and military-assistive pacting that I seek to assist in the securing of the region.

Your comments in Cabinet regarding The Pacific situation lead me to the conclusion you are incapable of working in this ministry!!

I'm sorry you feel that way. However your vote is your own and you may use it as you wish.

Sir, I ask you: Do you have any idea of the history between TNP and the Pacific?

Yes, I have been well-briefed by the saved archives from s2 and various other fora.

We have been at war with them, and it was probably the worst mistake we've ever made. Better men than you, or I negotiated a peace deal between us and we have had no problems with them since.

I would say that we've had more than a few problems ever since. However, that's more or less my opinion, as that is more or less your own, and I respect your opinion, regardless of whether I may share it or not.

You may not like their politics...

Let me stop you there. I happen to personally believe that a totalitarian regime is an excellent government style, but only for two things, war, and dramatic, systematic change. It is my firm belief that the agreements you speak of are with the now-defunct PRP, and that their change in government changes everything.

...but they have been a steadfast friend to us in previous times.

I neither deny nor reject this statement. Past performance of a government is little indicitive of future performance, as in business.

If you perhaps took the time to speak to either me, BlackShear or Haor Chall about our experiences with them before you started this idiotic campaign, you'd see that.

I am not interested in being further indoctrinated about the glories of the Pacific, as it seems everytime I tend to request more information about it from an available member, I tend to get a lot of rhetoric as opposed to factual information. This is neither my doing, nor my wish to recieve, nor anything I wish to base my choices upon, nor is anti-Pacifican rhetoric by other parties anything I similarly wish to listen to, though it is obvious others beleive differently of me. It is not my place to dictate the thoughts or actions of others, merely to persuade them of my competence. Given what I have been able to learn, the Pacific is neither a region I am interested in joining nor supporting at this time. If I am idiotic to call for action on something I perceive to be a possible threat to our sovereignty, then I am an idiot.

One more thing, Cthul. Kimiko had ADN/NasiCorp access and was very anti-Pacific too; perchance are you continuing her good work? I'd hate to think that your campaign was due to the influence of another foreign power... that sort of thing never sits well in TNP.

Aside the fact that the Praetor has not moved that particular colony from Nasicournia, he has not assigned a new governor to it, and has had only informal contact with their government and citizenry since assuming control of the Praetorate.

I will not deny that Nasicournia is one of the regions that I seek to deepen relations with, but I also believe the South and possibly the East, as well as TRR and Lazurus are higher on my list of priorities.

Most of the players here have interests in other regions, which may be seen to impinge upon their involvement here. What links have you, as a player, to other regions?

Daiokura is a member of The Great Lemurian Conspiracy™, Lone Wolves United, and I have a small amount of interest in my nation in the West. I have a few other nations in various other regions, but I have no vested interests, other than preventing them from ceasing to exist, in them at this time.

Errr... So does this mean you intend to seek out secret alliances? Constutitionally all alliances have to be voted on by the Regional Assembly which is hardly secret and slightly different to listing all the NPIA members I'm sure you'd agree.

It's bad form to list every region you intend to persue alliances with, politically, old chap.

Could you explain, Cthul, how an Military Alliance would be of any use to TNP? I'd appreciate as much detail as you can give.

Setting the pacific aside, I feel that the new rule set makes us more vunerable to organized, consistent attack. It behooves us to at the very least to beef up security within our own delegacy, as well as to seek more solid alliances from other, more military-driven regions that are friendly to us, all while maintaining our high levels of freedom, as well as our sovereignty.

Aye from me.

I appreciate your support, and thank you profusely for your vote.

Your grudge against the Pacific is well known, JAL. You do not lend him any credibility with your support.

I would like to remind you that this is a Q & A thread. This is here for the voters to comment and ask me questions. It is not your place to determine for others whose support lends me credit and whose does not. As far as I am concerned, any voter's support lends me credit. Nor is it your place to determine the worth of any other individual. Despite any of your attacks on me, I take specific exception to your determination of JAL's worth as a voter. I hope that nobody follows such a disturbing prescedent.

My moneys on... And ADN region.

Since it is clear that the Pacific, and by association, their allied regions, do not like us enough to give us the dignity of a controlled, diplomatic response to a situation, then it is our alternative to seek out regions neutral and in opposition to them, whether or not we take an actual position on their conflict with the ADN. They have shoved us away, and this is not my fault, nor Hersfold's, nor yours, nor anyone's but their own. I hope that you can appreciate the position they have placed themselves in by their overreaction.

Out of curiosity, are you registered on the Pacific forum? Could you tell us anything about there government structure other than 'OMGZ ITS A DICTAROSHIP!!!11!! ?

No, I am not registered at the Pacific forums. I feel I have no vested interest in the region itself, and registering as a diplomat would only place me in the line of fire for needless argument.

From what I can tell, it is a totalitarian government with an advisory body. It does not yet fall under my definition of a dictatorship, but as I said, a strict, but so far not overly abusive totalitarian regime.

Dear god, I hope someone but you wins. If no-one else runs I'm bloody well going to apply for registered voters status and do it myself.

I believe that you are nearly a month too late to do so, though were you elligible, I would encourage you fill one of the many empty slots instead of running against me. A complete government has priority over competition for any one position.

It's bad form to list every region you intend to persue alliances with, politically, old chap.

Quite. However it is somewhat different to revealing the NPIA members, a vague idea of who or just the sort of regions would have been acceptable (which I notice you have now provided.

I will not deny that Nasicournia is one of the regions that I seek to deepen relations with, but I also believe the South and possibly the East, as well as TRR and Lazurus are higher on my list of priorities.

A revealing response. Not for the Nasi/RR of course, that we knew would be the case. I'm a little concerned that someone running to head our External Affairs Ministry is suggesting military alliances with TSP, TEP and Lazarus. TSP and Lazarus, to be fair, hardly count as military powers and TEP does not have a military at all, in any form.

So any other ADN or non-ADN regions or sorts of regions you would seek alliances with? Perhaps ones which have militaries might be a good idea?

A revealing response. Not for the Nasi/RR of course, that we knew would be the case. I'm a little concerned that someone running to head our External Affairs Ministry is suggesting military alliances with TSP, TEP and Lazarus. TSP and Lazarus, to be fair, hardly count as military powers and TEP does not have a military at all, in any form.

You twist my words, my good man, and they screech in protest. The question asked was not about military alliances, but about with which regions I seek to deepen relations with. Though it is a focus of mine to strengthen our military alliances, this by no means eliminates generally non-military regions from my interest.

So any other ADN or non-ADN regions or sorts of regions you would seek alliances with?

Plenty. And I also do not plan to ignore small regions. Allied troops coming to assist us are coming to assist us, regardless of whether there are one or one hundred.

Thank you for respnding to my questions, Cthol Murgos.

My pleasure. Yad ho, groja UL!

[edit] By request of Gordonel, and because it is my perrogative to respond:

Since it is clear that the Pacific, and by association, their allied regions, do not like us enough to give us the dignity of a controlled, diplomatic response to a situation, then it is our alternative to seek out regions neutral and in opposition to them, whether or not we take an actual position on their conflict with the ADN. They have shoved us away, and this is not my fault, nor Hersfold's, nor yours, nor anyone's but their own. I hope that you can appreciate the position they have placed themselves in by their overreaction.

The Pacific did originally come in a controlled and diplomatic manner, actually. It was Flemingovia and the government of this region that were rude back. Considering this, and the fact that TNP were the ones who started any sort of rudeness and impoliteness between the nations, does this change anything?

I beg to differ. In their consulate, the words of the Emperor were posted, and I consider them the first and final words from the pacific, as he holds all of the power.

To refresh:
Government of the North Pacific. We are angered by your representative Hersfold recruiting on our Regional Message board and demand it ceases immediately. We take this to be an aggressive action on your region's part and are less than appreciative of the attitude we've been presented when trying to deal with this informally. Since Flemingovia has decided to make an incident of this by repeatedly stating make an official inquiry we have done so.

We are not amused by the attitudes presented so far. We consider this an aggressive act. We suggest you may wish to rethink this, its bad enough we have userites spamming us now we have to endure a cousin Pacific as well. You are risking alienating yourselves from the rest of us with your actions and your attitudes. Not a good place to be.

If this is the way he feels, then this is the way he feels, and gives a good clue as to his opinion of the region, it's citizens, and easily his general disposition toward his affairs with us. I am of the opinion that the Emperor needs to learn the difference between 'aggressive' and 'irritating', and realize they are not one in the same. I, Flemingovia, and Hersfold seem to have been of one mind that demands and threats from another region looking to flex it's new muscles were not amusing either, and I would bet that had their response been more along the lines of "We request that you discontinue any future recruiting on our RMB." that it would have been far better recieved, and more than likely complied with in good faith.

Name the last thing you did to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

Name the most important thing you have done to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

Now, let me be frank. I can understand and empathize with your misgivings towards the government of The Pacific, whatever name they are going by now. But as the Minister of External Affairs, I believe you have an obligation to hypocrisy, bullshit, and ass-kissing. If you cannot handle a recruiting scandal diplomatically, how do you plan to handle the real problems?

[Edit] If this question has already been asked (which it has, in some form), it's not a problem. I promise I asked it better.

Name the last thing you did to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

Name the most important thing you have done to improve The North Pacific and when you did it.

I admit, that's what I'm here to do. I've spent the last three months learning and growing as a citizen so that I will be better able to serve as one, as opposed to trying to improve things. I suppose, then, the answer to your questions are that I've contributed as best I have been able, where I have been able.

Now, let me be frank. I can understand and empathize with your misgivings towards the government of The Pacific, whatever name they are going by now. But as the Minister of External Affairs, I believe you have an obligation to hypocracy, BS and butt-kissing. If you cannot handle a recruiting scandal diplomatically, how do you plan to handle the real problems?

Lao Zi said that only distance will placate a snake trying to bite you. When either party in a dispute gets threatening, diplomacy goes out the window until enough distance in time can be applied to the incident to resolve wit sensibly. Wars happen with the beligerence of either party exceeds the amount of time that passes before tempers cool. Once the Pacific threatened us, diplomacy is impossible until things cool off.

My apologies to you if this has been said already, but what do you feel you offer that wasn't offered or achieved in the previous government?

My apologies to you if this has been said already, but what do you feel you offer that wasn't offered or achieved in the previous government?
In all honesty? A backbone. There is a difference between kissing up and being walked on, and this has been disregarded for far too long. Regions, especially feeders, should be generally friendly to each other, but never should we capitulate to threats and blustering. I'm more than accomidating and friendly to regions that wish to act in a diplomatic manner, but regions that wish to push us around will find my spine far from liquid, and they should find the region as a whole similarly unified. I feel this has been offered in spades by the current government, and can only hope that the voters choose to maintain such a mentality in it's government.

I cannot, nor will I fault Haor Chall. He is a skilled diplomat and good administrator with excellent knowledge on the execution of foreign affairs. But he has a softer hand than I do, and more tolerance for people with a poor opinion of our region that he is forced to work with. I lack tolerance. I either accept, or someone gives me a reason not to, and the unknown gets the benefit of the doubt by default.

In my short time here, I have come to love and appreciate this region for what is stands for. It is the only one of it's kind: a democratic feeder. I will not let it be pushed around by anyone. I will not let this government fall to anyone that has designs for it other than those already in operation. Even if not elected, I assure I will fight to maintain the liberty we enjoy from all threats, internal and external.

Believe me, I'm all about the no-bullshit policy. But I'm not sure it works for the Minister of External Affairs of The North Pacific. When you're in a position of power, there are better ways to solve problems than pick a fight.

Comments?

Believe me, I'm all about the no-bullshit policy. But I'm not sure it works for the Minister of External Affairs of The North Pacific. When you're in a position of power, there are better ways to solve problems than pick a fight.

Comments?
are you running for anything or just grandstanding?

Let me stop you there.  I happen to personally believe that a totalitarian regime is an excellent government style, but only for two things, war, and dramatic, systematic change.  It is my firm belief that the agreements you speak of are with the now-defunct PRP, and that their change in government changes everything.
Interesting response...

I neither deny nor reject this statement.  Past performance of a government is little indicitive of future performance, as in business.

Ah, yes. Of course, past actions usually give an indiaction of future actions; relations between us and the Pacific have changed little, regardless of the RMB incident. I'm not sure what makes you so sure that they are a threat to our sovereignty.

I am not interested in being further indoctrinated about the glories of the Pacific, as it seems everytime I tend to request more information about it from an available member, I tend to get a lot of rhetoric as opposed to factual information.  This is neither my doing, nor my wish to recieve, nor anything I wish to base my choices upon, nor is anti-Pacifican rhetoric by other parties anything I similarly wish to listen to, though it is obvious others beleive differently of me.  It is not my place to dictate the thoughts or actions of others, merely to persuade them of my competence.  Given what I have been able to learn, the Pacific is neither a region I am interested in joining nor supporting at this time.  If I am idiotic to call for action on something I perceive to be a possible threat to our sovereignty, then I am an idiot.

You have not given any evidence to support your claim that they are a threat to our sovereignty. Building a platform on thin air is idiotic, in my opinion. Using such un-diplomatic terms in a platform for Minister of External Affairs is idiotic, in my opinion. You may love your no-bullshit approach, Cthul, but it is not the way diplomacy works. If you want to talk hard and be a man, run for Minister of Defence.

Setting the pacific aside, I feel that the new rule set makes us more vunerable to organized, consistent attack.  It behooves us to at the very least to beef up security within our own delegacy, as well as to seek more solid alliances from other, more military-driven regions that are friendly to us, all while maintaining our high levels of freedom, as well as our sovereignty. 

The fact of the matter is that there is not a force big enough to be such a threat over an extended period of time. Whilst our delegate must exercise caution, a Feeder is still unassailable unless said Delegate starts to remove their own endorsements or simply gives up. There is no force big enough to either invade, nor defend a feeder -- we don't even need our own army to defend us.

I was angry with your platform yesterday, but today I am more concerned that your becoming paranoid about something that CANNOT happen. You should not base your policies on shadows, and you should not run the risk of damaging relations with one of the few regions that could give us any help with your stupid grudge.

The only regions that are and should be important to feeders are other feeders. We are the only ones that can defend each other, we are the only ones that understand each other. Not even the combined forces of the RLA and ADN could help us against a rogue delegate and there isn't an invader organisation in the game large enough to invade us.

I've given you the dignity of a response up until now, Digitalis, but I'm not going to stand here and be outright insulted by you, over and over again. Many of the issues you bring up in your latest post I have already addressed, and it brings nothing new to the table than a fresh round of insults, ergo, I see nothing specific for me to respond to.

When you're in a position of power, there are better ways to solve problems than pick a fight.

To be frank, I have no intention of picking a fight with anyone, I'm just not going to kiss ass when someone's shaking their fist in my face.

Okay, I'll lay it out straight to you:
  • Can you give me a specific reasoning as to why you believe the Pacific is a direct threat to us?
  • Can you give me an example of a force large enough to threaten our regional stability?
  • Can you explain in clear terms why the new rules should affect TNP's standing neutrality/no alliances policy?
  • Do you believe we should remain a neutral state?
  • Can you give me an example of the foreign policy you would implement should you become elected?
  • What would be the first thing you would do as Minister of External Affairs?
  • What do you believe TNP should be promoting aboard?
  • Can you understand why I am so concerned with your platform?
  • What theory of international relations do you subscribe to?
  • Do you believe that Alliances should have embassies and why?
If you can answer these questions to my satisfaction, I shall happily support your platform, but up until now I believe you have not been able to.

1) I believe they and their allies have suffecient force to back up their threats, else, why would they be so quick to make them?

2) I believe a standing active force of 20, and a standing semi-active force of 100 to 150 or greater pose a threat to regional security.

3) A determined, organized military force with or without the assistance of an organized propaganda campaign to gain native but inactive support can eventually sap the power of a delegate and force a changeover.

4) Neutral to what conflict? Neutral in general, yes. Switzerland-style neutral, no.

5) Expansionist. Increasing the frequency of new relations and depth of existing relations.

6) Draft organizational guidelines for the Diplomatic Corps in conjunction with my deputy and the remainder of the corps,, as well as distinctly define and outline the responsibilities of a member therof.

7) (assuming you meant abroad) Democratic regional governments such as our own, as well as military co-operation.

8) You are a citizen of the Pacific, and you do not want a war between your two primary regions. Allow me to assure you that despite the rhetoric spewed forth at me, I am by no means a warmonger.

9) Strength through co-operation of allies.

10) I believe that to be a logical prerequisite, yes. If another region has with us a simple military pact, then they should have suffecient interest in our socio-political situation to maintain diplomatic relations as well.

I hope this is suffecient for you. If it is not, please feel free to make a point and request elaboration.

Um. zero.

I've had just over three months in region after taking control of my sister's nations at her request. She was formerly the MoIIA, and Deputy of A&E off the top of my head.

Comments?
Here's one. Stop cursing in the campaign topics, please. You get a warning next time I see it.

Same for everyone else, too, but you're the only one I've seen doing it in excess.

Figure of speech?

Okay...
no nonsense, no BS, no flip-flopping, no bravado, no delusions, no false-front, no false-colours....

(feel free to stop me anytime really...)

no feigning, no bull, no fascades, no dog-and-pony shows...

1)  I believe they and their allies have suffecient force to back up their threats, else, why would they be so quick to make them?
No offence, Deputy Minister but "You believe" is not a confirmation of anything, in my opinion. I also hadn't realised that the Pacific had said anything that could be considered a threat to our regional security.

Perhaps if you could link me to the relevant topics?

2) I believe a standing active force of 20, and a standing semi-active force of 100 to 150 or greater pose a threat to regional security.

An active force of twenty is not enough to take the delegacy. Remember that we scan the region on a regular basis and all that is needed to prevent issues is to kick people with endorsements that are within a danger zone of the delegate. We are not a UCR, even 150 UNs are not a threat to us. The only conseivable attack that would work is a "Puppet Master" style one, but even that has been defeated before. Of course, the only people capable of such an attack are (were?) the ADN, and they have no reason to attack us do they?

3)  A determined, organized military force with or without the assistance of an organized propaganda campaign to gain native but inactive support can eventually sap the power of a delegate and force a changeover.
Not if we ignore them, remember you only have to kick the 'tarts that come within striking distance and it takes a reasonably long amount of time to gain enough endorsements to be a threat. It could be a danger if we kicked out everyone who tarted though, but since when have we done that?

Remember Cthul, not even the NPC/NPG -- who were an organised resistance force against the standing delegate -- could do much in the way of damage, even with propaganda.

4)  Neutral to what conflict?  Neutral in general, yes.  Switzerland-style neutral, no.
Could you expand on that for me? How can one be neutral without being neutral?

5)  Expansionist.  Increasing the frequency of new relations and depth of existing relations.
Could you go into a bit more detail here please?

6)  Draft organizational guidelines for the Diplomatic Corps in conjunction with my deputy and the remainder of the corps,, as well as distinctly define and outline the responsibilities of a member therof.
Ah, yes: this is something that has been suggested at every MoEA platform I've seen. I can't fault you on this and agree that it does need to be done.

7) (assuming you meant abroad) Democratic regional governments such as our own, as well as military co-operation.
Yes, I can't spell in the mornings. Could you really expand upon this for me. I seem to remember much discussion taking place about this sort of thing, the result of which lead to us to decide that neutrality/non-predeterminism would be the easiest way to work; could you tell me why you think this is wrong?

8)  You are a citizen of the Pacific, and you do not want a war between your two primary regions.  Allow me to assure you that despite the rhetoric spewed forth at me, I a by no means a warmonger.
Ah, but you sound like one to the casual observer which is almost as bad, wouldn't you agree? Wars have started over lesser things than a ranty government official.

I am concerned because you are falling into the trap of making the Pacific a common enemy, when all evidence that has been given to you shows them to be nothing more than our grumpy older brother.

My citizenship has no issue in this discussion with you, I am here strictly as a concerned TNP citizen and former MoEA.

9)  Strength through co-operation of allies.

A lot more detail here please. Are we talking Realism, Functionalism, Marxism or maybe even Critical theory?

10)  I believe that to be a logical prerequisite, yes.  If another region has with us a simple military pact, then they should have suffecient interest in our socio-political situation to maintain diplomatic relations as well.

I think you misunderstand; What I meant to say is "Do you think that Alliance organisations should have embassies, such as an ADN embassy, or do you believe that embassies and consuls should be shared between states specifically?"

Whilst I can see some of your thinking, I honestly don't believe you went into enough detail with some of your answers.

((Pardon me if I'm incoherant or misunderstand, I just put in a 10 hour day in the baking heat, constantly moving, and driving during the day, which is making me quite wonky atm. I'm going to revisit this in the morning to make sure I meant what I said.))

I also hadn't realised that the Pacific had said anything that could be considered a threat to our regional security.

Perhaps if you could link me to the relevant topics?

Pay attention. I addressed that already.

An active force of twenty is not enough to take the delegacy.

Not by itself.

We are not a UCR, even 150 UNs are not a threat to us

Without going in-depth to tactical theory, the first step would be to 'numb' the delegate, in other words, to remove suffecient influence to eject anyone of consequence. An active, scanning force of 20, and a once-daily force of even a hundred could numb a delegate over time. I think you can figure out the rest on your own, and I'm not going to publically discuss it if you can't.

Remember Cthul, not even the NPC/NPG -- who were an organised resistance force against the standing delegate -- could do much in the way of damage, even with propaganda.

Operating under old rules. Irrelevant statement. I said the rules change everything, and I stand by that. The old way is obsolete, and shouldn't even be under your scope of thought.

How can one be neutral without being neutral?

Good going. You failed to be specific again. Meaning that if particular regions or organizations have standing conflicts, we don't make military pacts with them.

Could you go into a bit more detail here please?

It's not self-explanitory? I want more consulates, more embassies, I want friendly regions to upgrade to Embassies, and I want to make sure we enjoy friendly status with more regions, and embassy-or-equivilent status in them. This depends on good, devoted diplomats which is, of course, my first order of business.

Ah, yes: this is something that has been suggested at every MoEA platform I've seen. I can't fault you on this and agree that it does need to be done.

I've already gotten started despite my exausting new career.. No pipe dreams here.

could you tell me why you think this is wrong?

In two words, I don't. I think it's fallen short of it's own goal, and been exclusionist on those that want relations with us. It needs reconsideration or modification. You've given me something to think about whi theis question, so I think what I'll do is make it the first topic of discussion post-election.

I am concerned because you are falling into the trap of making the Pacific a common enemy, when all evidence that has been given to you shows them to be nothing more than our grumpy older brother.

It all really depends on them, now, doesn't it?

My citizenship has no issue in this discussion with you, I am here strictly as a concerned TNP citizen and former MoEA.

I feel that you would not be nearly so voracious if either A) I hadn't used the Pacific as my primary example for the need to increase delegacy defence or B) you were not a pacific citizen. The scope of your bias is far stronger than my own.

A lot more detail here please. Are we talking Realism, Functionalism, Marxism or maybe even Critical theory?

Do I look like a diplomatic theory professor? The ministry needs an administrator, not a dreamer.

Do you think that Alliance organisations should have embassies, such as an ADN embassy, or do you believe that embassies and consuls should be shared between states specifically?

Well, I answered the question put in front of me. You need to be clearer if that's what you want to know.

If they want them, yes. I see no reason not to. An embassy is with any foreign power, and if a foreign power is a group of regions, it does not exclude them. If multiple regions are allied enough share a forum, they can share an embassy/consulate, sending one representitive.

I think all this scaremongering is unnecessary, any vision of Cthul leading us into war is completely ridiculous! I've been in cabinet and I don't know what it was like when you were in office Digitalis but I honestly can't see any cabinet signing off on some royal crusade. So let's put the pitchforks and torches down people!!

Back