Nominations for Elected Positions

Nominations for all elected positions are now open.

In order to be eligible for election to any Cabinet-Level position, you must have been in the Regional Assembly for at least one month prior to your nomination. UN Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Minister of Defense all require UN membership, and MoD also requires majority support of the North Pacific Army. A topic has been opened in the NPA forum for that purpose. You must be in the Regional Assembly prior to your nomination for election to the Security Council.

Edit: While all offices do now have candidates, please continue to run for positions. Democracy isn't very democratic when there's only one option.

The offices open for election, listed with their declared candidates, are:

Prime Minister
- Poltsamaa
- Tresville
Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs
- North Harmonia
Minister of External Affairs
- Cthul Murgos
- Dalimbar
Minister of Defense - Nominations closed
- Haor Chall
- Azazel
Minister of Communications
- Apollo-Industria
- Grenval
Minister of Justice / Attorney General
- mr_sniffles (Incumbent)
Minister of Arts & Entertainment
- Alhoma
Minister of Culture & Education
- Americanicus I
- Fedele
Speaker of the RA
- freedom and pride
- wizardofoz01 (Incumbent)
UN Delegate
- Former English Colony (Erastide)
Vice Delegate
- Unterwasserseestaat
Security Council (6 seats)
- Grosseschnauzer (Incumbent)
- Democratic Donkeys
- Ator People (Incumbent)
- freedom and pride
- North harmonia
- Byardkuria (Incumbent)
- Tresville (Incumbent)
- Digitalis
- Romanoffia
- Dalimbar (Incumbent)

Any Regional Assembly member may nominate any Regional Assembly member for any position, including themselves, as long as the nominee meets all eligibility requirements. Nominations will close at 12:00 PM GMT (8:00 PM EST) on Saturday the 29th. No nominations after that point will be accepted.

Please direct all questions to Hersfold via Personal Message or by posting in the information topic in this forum. Please do not send any messages to this account.

I, King C'Tal Yinthrak of C'thul Murgos, do hereby declare my intent to run for the position of Minister of External Affairs.

I, Tobias Rogoth, First Prime of The United Insane People of AlHoma do hereby signify my intent to run for the position of Minister of Justice.

Dalimbar, represented in The North Pacific by Chodean Kal, declares intent to run for Vice Delegate of The North Pacific.

I, North Harmoneia, hereby declare my intent to run for Minister of Immigrations and Internal Affairs, as well as for a position in the Security Council

I nominate Haor Chall for the position for Minister of External Affairs.
I nominate Poltsamma for the position of Prime Minister.
I nominate Erastide for the position of Delegate.

Byardkuria, represented in the North Pacific by Dashiell Hammetts Mom, announces its intention to run for re-election to the Security Council.

since Grenval said he's always bored, I'd like to suggest something that would help him do something in order to escape boredom :P

I nominate Grenval for Minister of Communications.

I, Tresville, hereby declare my intention to stand for re-election as a member of the Security Council.

I will also run for any position that needs filling...or where I am most needed by the region. Will post that in due time....

You have to be nominated by those within the NP Army and must be a member of the NP army... And if you're not joking then I second that uproarious laugh.

Well, to be honest, I know I am more than likely not going to win but I think I'll try just for kicks :lol: :ph34r:

Blue Wolf, unless you have already received an endorsement of a majority of the active members in the NPA (which is done during the week prior to this week of declaring candidacies for office), you are not constitutionally eligible to be a candidate for Minister of Defense. My guess would be your name won't even appear on the ballot.

I ask Tresville to accept nomination as candidate for Prime Minister. I have been here since Jan 2004 and IMO he is the best Prime Minister we have had as a region. And I include myself in that tally.

Thanks...I'll accept if I get a few more nominations of support.

Please keep in mind that I can be a strict leader...but that one that is loyal, keeps his word and is not influenced by outside forces.

I fourth? Tres's nomination whole heartedly, and agree with flem. A wonderful player, and one who TNP needs
.I hope tres accepts.

I, Apollo-Industria, do hereby declare my intent to run for the position of Minister of Communications as well as a chair in the Security Council.

(now that I know what it does)

I, Apollo-Industria, hereby nominate mr. sniffles for the position of Minister of Justice.

Blue Wolf, as you are not a member of the North Pacific Army, you are not eligible for election to Minister of Defense. You'd have to stop being an invader and suck up to everyone REALLY FAST in order to convince me otherwise. :P :lol:

I further support Tresville's nomination.

Quick note: I do not currently have information regarding eligibility (or lack thereof) due to term limitations for Cabinet Offices. If you are not certain of your eligibility, please go ahead and run for a position. I will determine your candidate status when I verify the ballot.

Lowly VD's are sorta cabinet...but aren't...lol

Thanks for the show of support...I accept the nominations and will compose a campaign post tonight. Thanks again.

Back