Query

There is not, at least from my understanding of the laws here.

Forum moderation and administration generally falls outside the realms of IC communication associated with a "legal code" or constitution. OOC forum regulation is a necessary evil in most circumstances as a great many people do not realize that one can push the limits without actually crossing them.

A person edited my post without my permission. Is there a law or something that you cannot edit a person's post without their consent? If not, there should be.
Administration has traditionally been held seperate from in-game structures and concepts for practical reasons.

My advice would be to stop whining about it and try contacting Hersfold through PM. If your post was edited he'd be able to check that through the Admin CP.

I reference you to the first section of my previous post.

"Administration has traditionally been held seperate from in-game structures and concepts for practical reasons."

Is there a law or something that you cannot edit a person's post without their consent? If not, there should be.
There is no such law. Never will be. The admin's prefer people edit their own posts should they be deemed offensive, but retain the right to edit them if neccessary. To do otherwise would risk a violation of our Terms of Service with invisionfree (the host of this forum) and lead, in an extreme case, to the deletion of this board.

Some former TNP admins have taken this to extremes and others have an exaggerated concept of what constitutes a TOS violation, but to tie their hands with a "no edit" law would be foolish.

It is also wise to remember that this is Hersfold's board and it is only by his good grace that we are allowed to Meta-game on here.

Shouldn't this be a question in the Attorney General's Office?

Admins: Feel free to delete the post if I am incorrect or or the thread gets moved there.

Hm? What happened?

If someone edited one of your posts, A-I, there should be a legend saying who did it. The only people able to remove said legend are Flem and I. I personally make absolutely sure I add that legend everytime, even on my own posts - I can't recall editing any of yours recently anyway, having been away for some time. Flem I can't really speak for, but I have no reason to believe he would edit someone's post without either telling them first and/or having a damn good reason for doing so.

What post are you talking about? Unfortunately, the Mod Logs do not include post edits for some reason - so if anyone did edit your post without leaving a trace, there's no way to find out exactly who.

(example of legend)

It means that, once again, I have no idea what the hell is going on in this forum.

And, once again, it's mainly your fault.

That topic was closed for a reason, Blackshear, and that was it. Let's end that line of discussion NOW, please. Final caution.

Sorry. I misunderstood. Once again, I apologize. So direct that insult to Ivan if he ever calls you a smartass, okay?

It means that, once again, I have no idea what the hell is going on in this forum.

And, once again, it's mainly your fault.

What would TNP be like without its village idiot? :rofl:

That topic was closed for a reason, Blackshear, and that was it. Let's end that line of discussion NOW, please. Final caution.
My response was no more vitriolic than your own. I believe I've shown considerable restraint. That said, I'll drop the subject.

It is touching to see that I can stay away for almost a year and come back for a week and have people infighting almost immediately.

[global mod]This thread has seriously veered off-topic, and A-I's original question appears to have been answered by several others.

Unless someone has something on-topic and pertinent to add, this thread ought to be allowed to die a natural death or be locked.[/global mod].

[Admin Edit]Agreed. I'd only left it open in case the MoJ or Byard wanted to do something with it. - Hersfold[/Admin edit]

There is no such law. As stated above, administration of the forum is OOC, and therefore not generally subject to the Constitution or Legal Code.

However, there is nothing preventing the filing of a civil suit by a party who feels aggrieved or harassed by anyone else.

If anyone has questions, concerns, etc., feel free to PM me, but I am throwing the lock this thread so sorely needs.

I also apologize for not catching this this morning when I logged on - I don't remember seeing the new posts icon for the Court, which is something I make sure to check every time I'm on. Odd.

Back