Embassy of Jethnea

Haor Chall

The Power of the Dark Side
TNP Nation
Haor Chall
Welcome to the Consulate of Jethnea, we hope you enjoy your stay! We look forward to beginning a friendly relationship between The North Pacific and Jethnea.

Thank you Mr Minister.

Hi TNP, greetings from Jethnea. I'm the current FA Minister and I'll try to find a permanent ambassador to TNP as soon as I can. In the meantime, you are stuck with me. :lol: I hope relations between our regions can flourish in the future. :yes:

Our forums URL : http://s13.invisionfree.com/Jethnea

tab.JPG

Jethnean Tabloid April 20th'06 Issue

Jethnean Regional News

The Jethnean Tabloid is pleased to announce the new Government of Jethnea after the April'06 elections.

Chancellor - South Harmoneia
UN Delegate - New Corsmenia
Foreign Affairs Ministry - The Merlion
Intelligence Ministry - Bolcheva
Defence Ministry - Aelov
Immigration Ministry - Richardark
Communications Ministry - Earthly Heaven

Furthermore, we are pleased to announce that recruitment efforts appear to be paying dividends as the number of nations in Jethnea now stands at an all time high of 181 nations at press time. Richardark looks set to continue the hard work put in by SH and TM as we push towards the 200 nations mark.

- UN Delegate -

Current number of endorsements: 21

Editor: The Editor would like to remind all Jethneans to endorse NC to help keep Jethnea safe if they have not done so.

It's with regret to inform our friends that our previous delegate has been deleted due to inactivity and the new delegate promises to represent our interest at the UN with greater fervour. He has voted against the current "Repeal "Banning the use of Landmines" " resolution and is mulling over whether to start a new forum where citizens are encouraged to debate possible resolutions that he'll submit in UN. This is a positive world and will ensure a more active Jethnean voice in issues that concern the people in Jethnea. Well done NC, we certainly hope to hear more from you!

- Foreign Affairs Ministry -

The FA Ministry is currently helmed by The Merlion and he'll be actively seeking to promote Jethnea's name beyond her shores. He is actively seeking to extend diplomatic relations with regions that share Jethnea's non agression policy. However, the lack of ambassadors has complicated the task significantly and efforts have been made to increase the size of the diplomatic corps to represent Jethnea in foreign lands.

Consulates

Jethnea currently enjoys consulate-level relations with 10 regions with the latest being The North Pacific. It's believed that the number will continue to grow in future with an active Foreign Policy likely to be the trend.

Embassies

Flavian Amphitheatre is the latest to join our list of Embassies in Jethnea with the signing of treaties in April. TM and the Government is looking at a couple of regions to establish embassy relations and more will be revealed at the appropriate time in future.

Defence Ministry

The JRG undertook a mission to liberate Hell from Imperial forces under the lead of the JRG General and now Defence Minister Aelov. Even though the mission did not succeed, the General is convinced that our show of force "brokered a deal between Jethnean and Imperial forces" and Imperialis eventually left the invaded region as they promised because it showed that the natives did not support the invasion.

Furthermore, as the JRG grows in strength, The general is now carefully examining who the next candidates for Lieutenantship are going to be. We at Jethnean Tabloid can hardly wait!

- Editorial -
The editor notes with regret that Stoned Smurfs a.k.a ~Pot~ has signaled his wish to retire from the Government of Jethnea due to disagreements with certain policies charted by the Government. It's always sad to see a loyal Jethnean leave but we would like to wish him all the best.

tab.JPG

April 27th issue
Jethnean Tabloid

Chancellor - South Harmoneia
UN Delegate - New Corsimenia
(endos:40)
Defence Ministry - Aelov
Communications Ministry - Earthly Heaven

The Government
The government of Jethnea and it's citizens are currently discussing to reform the government structure as well as re-ratify the charter. The Jethnean Regional Assembly is also under construction as the government is looking into switching to Parliamentary Democracy.

Defense Ministry

A foremer member of Jethnea has also been banned due to operating an illegitimate task that has caused conflict between Jethnea and The Lexicon.

Also, no ribbons will be awarded for Deploy game, but he already knows who his fastest people are, and they will be awarded properly when we do deploy for a mission.

United Nations
The last UN resolution, "Nuclear Energy Research Act," was pased 9,294 votes to 3,414 votes. The resolution currently at vote is "Waste Disposal Covenant." Citizens are encouraged to debate this resolution in the thread in the UN Forum. http://s13.invisionfree.com/Jethnea/index.php?showtopic=643

A new forum has recently opened within the UN Forum dedicated entirely to citizen proposals. Here citizens may come forth with their own ideas for resolutions, where they can be drafted and co-authored by the rest of Jethnea into a workable proposal.

Foreign Affairs
The Foreign Affairs Minister is currently focussing on recruiting ambassadors, organising assignments, and finding potential allies. Currently, the FA ministry is looking into discussing a formal alliance with our friend, Europa.
Consulates
Jethnea currently enjoys her 11 consulates, the new one being The West Pacifc. It is strongly believed that this number will continue to grow as Jethnea continues to flouish.
Embassies
Jethnea currently has 4 embassies, with the newest being Aberdeen, Impefectia, and The Merlion both gladly signed a military pact and are currently looking into the Intelligence Cooperation Pact.

Hey all!
I'm the ambassador to Jethnea. I look forward to representing Jethnea in The North Pacific, and I hope I'll do a good job.

Thank you for arriving in TNP. I look forward to a wonderful relationship between The North Pacific and Jethnea, and I have high hopes you will do a fine job.

Here's the latest copy of The Jethnea Tabloid, hot off the press.

tab.JPG

Issue #6, May 17th 2006
Jethnean Tabloid

Population:251
Premier – New Corsimenia
Defence Ministry - Aelov
Head Justice - Voxio
Communications Ministry – Vacant
Speaker of The Assembly – Vacant

The Government
There had been a massive change in the government of Jethnea causing governmental delays including this report, and for that we apologise.
photo_legislative-council.jpg

the first meeting of the JRA

We are proud to announce that the newly established Jethnea Regional Assembly has took its maiden steps towards being the legislative arm of Jethnea, however regional activity has declined following the departure of former Communication Minister Earthly Heaven, and some other people.
Jethnea expects the JRA’s establishment to be the stepping stone to more successful and a world renowned region.

Defence Ministry

general.jpg
General Aelov's last appearance. Picture took outside the Premier's office after a meeting with former Chancellor South Harmoneia.
Jethnea’s Defense minister has mysteriously disappeared after Stoned Smurfs announced that he will be taking a short break. This, following the Jethnea’s chain of command, leaves Lieutenant Sairn in charge while in the middle of a defending mission. It is with great hopes that the General will come back with an explanation of his absence.

Foreign Affairs
The Foreign Affairs of Jethnea has so far been a success and an asset to Jethnea. Consulates for Global Right Alliance and The Eurasian Republic have just been opened. The Lexicon relations had also been re-opened and is prospering.
Jethnea had also signed a Formal Alliance Treaty with Europa and is pleased to have moved from consulates to embassies.

ELECTIONS!
elections.jpg

Following the renunciation of duties of General Aelov due to RL issues, elections have undergone. Nominations for Communications Minister and Speaker of The Assembly are now ongoing, this is expected to occur for 5 days as it is a 'snap election'. 3 days will be for nominations and 2 will be for voting. Prominent members of the JRA are expected to run. Premier New Corsimenia is also expected to appoint a new Defense Minister by the end of elections. The elections threads can be found here

tab.JPG

June 2nd, 2006 issue
Jethnean Tabloid

Population: 300

Premier – New Corsimenia
Defense Ministry - Ancelt
Communications Ministry – South Harmoneia
Speaker of The Assembly – Rebel Virginians

Jethnea Regional Assembly
The JRA had been discussing about starting a program to help smaller regions through granting a ‘Commonwealth Territory’ status. A standard treaty had been passed although Jethnea hasn’t granted any region with the said status yet.
The Assembly, eager to have more members and for new nations to have a another place to participate in, had just passed a referendum regarding more lax requirements of being a JRA member.

Elections had just finished with South Harmoneia as the newly elected Communications Minister, and Rebel Virginians as the new Speaker of the Assembly, although both officials will serve for only half of the regular term as the elections are ‘snap’.

Defense Ministry
Ancelt has just been appointed new Defense Minister, and has been confirmed with the confirmation that the JRA held. The JRG is currently undergoing a re-organisation under the newly appointed Minister Ancelt, and the General, Bolcheva.

Foreign Affairs
Jethnea had recently terminated an alliance with the FCS due to their failure to send Jethnea an ambassador and any report for the past 4 months. Although TPF, FCSTO's Prime Minister has volunteered to be an ambassador, Jethnea can no longer wait for this as it's already been 2 days and sign ups from FCS, thus, their embassy has been taken down.
On the other hand, Jethnea had gladly opened relations with The New Meritocracy, ASE and GB&I, with hopes that friendships and bonds will continue to prosper and grow.

Communications Ministry
South Harmoneia, the regional founder had just been elected as the new Communications Minister. The Ministry had just taken it’s maiden steps to writing inter-regional news, with an article that is an interview with the “anti-spam superhero” TAO which can be found HERE. A new name for Jethnea’s News Service is also currently being voted upon by people who are registered in the forums, wether they may be citizens, ambassadors, or just plain visitors.

RolePlay
Contributed by Beautancus

The Sector Q3 War is over, with Richardakian troops pulling out of the disputed zone altogether. The two nations are now at peace, hopefully providing an example for other nations that might experience similar territorial disputes in the future.

Regional opinion favored Raremetal slightly throughout the war, and this was best summed up by Trauvailles, the Map Guru. He put it best, by saying: "...Raremetalian colonies have already been established in the area. In addition, reports of Richardarkian raids into unprotected towns across the border have caught the attention of our populace and we simply cannot get behind a government that allows such acts."

With Raremetal's authority over the sector firmly established, let us pray that the people of Sector Q3 may move forward out of this darkness to build a better life for themselves.

Random Quotes:

The Rogue Nation of Face basher clan:
hello everyone im new here and if any of u mess with me i stomp on your face till my foot falls asleep!!!!!!!!!

Bolcheva:
Fact: No one touches my satellites; I've got some uh... Tax forms on those

Stoned Smurfs:
*Stoned Smurfs throws Twinkies at everyone*

*and seeing how most had no clue what twinkies where, the following panic and confusion killed many*

Beautancus:
All in all this is just more smoke being blown up the collective a$$ of humanity. The real problem is poverty. Give folks something to do, and something to hope for aside from their next buzz (better education, health care and living standards would no nicely here) and the drug problem will shrink away. Watch.

Stoned Smurfs:
twinkies pwns you all!!! muwahaHAHAHAHACK *COUGH* errm... damn hairballs...

tab.JPG

June 11th issue
Jethnean Tabloid

Population: 284

Premier – New Corsimenia
Defense Ministry - Ancelt
Communications Ministry – South Harmoneia
Speaker of The Assembly – Rebel Virginians

Jethnea Regional Assembly
The JRA had recently been debating about forming new positions such as Vice Premier and deputies. A member has also been wanting to create some sort of “Holy Order” and this has been quite a hot issue in the Assembly. Isgroia, a JRG Elite had also just been appointed as the new Deputy Speaker of The Assembly.

Defense Ministry

troops.jpg

Ancelt, giving orders before deploying

Troops had just deployed to defend the region of the undead, leaving Lazarus’ current Delegate’s endorsements at 70 and the invader lead at 31. Jethnea doesn’t plan to pull out until it is rest assured that everything is already safe in Lazarus.

Foreign Affairs
A consulate have just been gladly opened relations and consulates with Peaceian, ACCEL, Equilism and RLA. Jethnea is also looking forward to being a member of the CSA, mutual alliance between defender regions. It is also with regrets that Jethnea had to terminate relations with it’s long time friend The Lexicon due to a conflict of interests. The alliance treaty between North Pacific and Jethnea is also currently being discussed and voted upon.

RolePlay
Contributed by Maora
With the official withdrawl of Richardarkian troops from Sector Q3, and the Raremetalian political scene is a hive of heated debate. Reports of destructive raids into Raremetalian territory are confirmed, but control has been assumed over the rich sector. Richardarkian officials even stated that these attacks, noted as "unauthorized", would cease, and "peace will once again be restored, permanently."
Rixav, Richardark's capital, has been the scene of protests against the descision to abort the operations into Raremetalian territory, which had been advertised in many of the city's public squares. However, even these angry throngs of nationalists are almost completely blotted out by the public majority, who yearned for peace ever since troops clashed in Sector Q3.
"I can sleep well once again," an unnamed Raremetalian citizen commented. "I can stop worrying about an attack on our homes."
The situation, though still tense, is improving dramatically, and Sector Q3 residents celebrated the occasion.

Random Quotes

Maora:
It's 7:59 pm. Do you know where your muffins are?
I bet you don't.
Because they're inside my stomach.

Fuzzy Creatures:
I like a good hippy.
On toast with a side order of religious nuts.

Fels:
FACT: Spam is annoying and time consuming

To all nations of The North Pacific.

Dear Mr. Minister, dear nation leaders.

By appointment of the Foreign Affairs Minister of the region of Jethnea I will serve as representative of my nation here in The North Pacific.

I am looking forward to working with you in close collaboration.

Yours respectfully

The Empire of Henningania

Thank you very much, excellencies.

I will keep you updated about what is going on in Jethnea, especially about the elections which will be held very soon.

news.JPG

ELECTIONS TIME!

July elections had just begun with the following candidates:
Premier: Fels, Richardark, New Corsimenia
Foreign Affairs Minister: South Harmoneia, The Merlion
Immigration and Internal Affairs Minister: Richardark
Speaker of The Assembly: Beautancus, Henningania
Head Justice: Oppressive Hedonism, Zmanico
Communications Minister: n/a
It will surely be a hard for the Jethnea Regional Assembly members to decide on who to vote for considering the sizzle of competition. No one, however, decided to run for Communications Minister despite the recent thriving of the said ministry. Bearing this in mind, run-off elections will be held as soon as the current elections come to an end.
Although elections had delayed some important decisions and government issues, as always, Elections have been prosepring so far, and it is with great desire that the said occasion continue to be so as the voting commences. Elections will end 15th of July. Winners will be put to power as soon as it is announced, it is also expected that the new government set out it’s course and start dealing with pending issues immediately. That said, the current Communications Minister of Jethnea wishes good luck to all candidates, and reminds everyone that a nation who sets his or her heart upon serving Jethnea is a winner at all times.

Final Government Line-Up Confirmed
The new cabinet is in office.

results_titleweb.png

Following a heated election period the July-September Jethnean 2006 Government has been confirmed. This election has seen many contests across the varying departments with some extremely close calls. The seat of the Premier looked uncertain whilst both candidates Fels and New Corsimenia dominated debates. However once the voting began a clear winner was visible from the start, creating another term for New Corsimenia as Premier of Jethnea.

The same could be said for the Head Justice election, where all candidates took an active role in debates but once the voting began Oppressive Hedonism dominated the polls. In Foreign Affairs the elections took a surprising turn when Founder South Harmoneia was beaten hands down by long-term FA Minister The Merlion, whose service we are assured for another term.

The Regional Assembly's new leader was named Beautancus after probably the closest election out of all other positions, where although Beautancus was always ahead, there was room for Henningania to catch up. The position for Immigration and Internal affairs was the only election which had no competition, and Richardark came into office extremely comfortably.

The Communications Ministry remained without any candidates in the official general elections. However two candidates came forth in the run-off snap elections, these were Fels and Chin-Chillas. Following a breif campaign period Chin-Chillas was named the new Communications Minister.

Following the elections the re-elected Premier named his Defence and Intel Ministers as Ancelt and Bolcheva respectivly, however after being informed that Ancelt had little time for NS at the current time the Premier decided to reconsider, we will inform you of his decision.

This confirms the new Jethnea cabinet as follows:
Premier: New Corismenia
Foreign Affairs Minister: The Merlion
Immigration & Internal Affairs Minister: Richardark
Head Justice: Oppressive Hedonism
Intel Minister: Bolcheva
Defence Minister: Ancelt
Speaker of the Assembly: Beautancus
Communications Minister: Chin-Chillas

We wish the new cabinet all the best of luck for the coming term and will be keeping up to date with their movements.

Here's the newest issue of the JT for your interest.

Jethnean Tabloid

Written by The Merlion

Jethnea's Government

Premier: New Corsimenia
Foreign Affairs Minister: The Merlion
Immigration and Internal Affairs Minister: Richardark
Head Justice: Oppressive Hedonism
Intelligence Minister: Bolcheva
Defense Minister: Ancelt
Communications Minister: Chin-Chillas
Speaker of the Assembly: Beautancus

We at Jethnea, wish to apologise for the lack of activity since the July elections. Summer vacations have taken the cogs off our wheels and activity has hit a slump with no signs of abating. The writer certainly hopes that some long serving Jethneans will return soon to their duties, especially with the next elections looming large over the horizons.

Internal Affairs

With Jethnea's population on a free fall from the peak of 300 plus nation, we shedded a lot of weight and we are now hovering around the 150 mark. Recruiting has been tough and new members have been hard to get. In view of this, TM has opened discussion in the Jethnea on Recruitment Policies but is nowhere near a conclusion. Ideas such as awards and quotas have been thrown around but assemblymen have been divided over the effectiveness. We welcome our friends to share their experience on effective recruitment. laugh.gif

Foreign Affairs

In Foreign Affairs, the Ministry is glad that relations have been granted to Nasicournia, The Exodus, Q102, The YoungWorld, The Pacific and RSN. A few more are in the talks and should be concluded by the next week.

Jethnea is currently reviewing it's relations with Genosha after Noiresque proposed an alliance with Jethnea. Genosha, being on our longest friends in NS, have opened talks in the Genoshan forums.

In addition, Jethnea participated in the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA)'s discussion together with North Pacific and Global Right Alliance. Talks have concluded and revision is under way. At this moment, Jethnea is unable to provide a fixed timeline as Ron is currently ill and there has been a change in leadership in NP. We shall update as and when we are able to.

Finally, after Imperium's founder Griever repeated asked for resumption of relations after the consulate was closed after Jethnea fought defensive wars with Imperium a few months back. The Government then decided that we should have nothing to do with invaders in an official capacity (regions-to-regions) while not banning invaders diplomats from visiting us. However, due to Griever's insistence, The Merlion decided to hold a poll on relations. The result was close with a few cabinet members voting 'for' but the region as whole gave her verdict not to have relations with the invaders, a stand that TM and CC has vowed to uphold. However, due to the implications of the vote on Jethnea's Foreign Policy, TM has initiated a closed door discussion with relevant officials to discuss the ramifications and the future of Jethnea. Discussions are still ongoing with TM and New Corsimenia probing the other members on a few key issues. It's with hope that we'll be able to arrive at a conclusion soon. unitednations.gif

That's all folks!

Signing off,
The Merlion

Foreign Minister of Jethnea

As the new FAM of Jethnea I am serving you notice that your Consulate in Jethnea has been inactive for over 4 weeks, if we do not hear from you within 7 days of this message we will regretfully be forced to close your consulate. It may then be re-opened by request.

In friendship,

Chin-Chillas
Jethnean Foreign Minister

After a while, here's an exemplary of the newly issued paper of Jethnea. :D

ISSUEONE.jpg

Jethnea's Founding Day Celebration

images

Dear Friends & Allies of Jethnea,

You are hereby cordially invited to Jethnea's Founding Day Celebrations! To celebrate this joyous anniversary occasion, we've decided to organise a line of games that we are now inviting your region to participate.

Jethnea's Christmas Boot

This is a game that is going to take place in a specially created region named 'Jethnea's Santaland' with the Founder of Santaland as the games judge. Those who wish to participate in the games are to create after the NS update on 13 Dec and send it into the region no later than 17 Dec, afterwhich the region will be password protected. The rules are simple;

1) No UN nation will be allowed
2) The puppet must be a new nation
3) One puppet per user
4) The puppet's motto must disclose the main nation's identity

After the daily update, the two puppets at the back of the ranking shall be booted from the region. The survivor at the end of the bootings shall be the victor who shall receive a photo of Harmoneia as momento.  :lol:

Christmas Warzone

army_7.jpg

Jethnea intends to make her maiden fight in the warzones with her friends and allies. Depending on response, we intend to use two to four warzones with the game plan being to hold the home base while attempting to capture the home base of the other team(s). The exact details are being hammered out by our high ranking military personnel and regions interested in taking part should contact Dipes or The Merlion before 14 Dec.

Forum Activity

A special subforum will be created for this occasion. There should be free flowing booze and cookies for 3 days and fun is the catchphrase around there. Be there! You don't want to miss out on the fun!

Sincerely,

JETHNEA

Apologies. It's Jethnea Santaland. My bad. :(

I just created it and it is officially open! Feel free to send a puppet in with your main nation's name in the motto. :P

Jethnea
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Jethnea
Jethnea contains 71 nations

Greetings from Jethnea

The Jethnean would like to apoligise for the lack of updates from our region of late. Recently Jethnea hit a rut of inactivity with some major members leaving but fortunately the governemt has re-assembled under a new constitution and elections have taken place.

The Constitution Article can be found here

Final Results of the April 07 (1st "Con-Ass") - Elections

After all votes have been counted, I announce the following result:

President: South Harmoneia (12|1)
UN Delegate: RicharDark|Voxio (12|1|-)
Foreign Affairs Minister: knockavale (11|-)
Security Minister: The Merlion (13|-)
Internal Affairs Minister: Henningania|Restored Othalla (7|4|2)

This means, the elected officials for the first Con-Ass-Government are:

President: South Harmoneia
UN Delegate: RicharDark
Foreign Affairs Minister: knockavale
Security Minister: The Merlion
Internal Affairs Minister: Henningania

Congratulations to all winners and many thanks to all people who took part in the elections!

Henningania

Thats it for now. You Stay Classy World
Knockavale

As an additional update until Knockavale returns:

South Harmoneia resigned her post as President, and was replaced by Henningania soon after the election.

The region has seen a continued decline in activity, and therefore there has been little Government work, save for the Security Department.

We apologise for any delay in updates, and will attempt to improve the situation.

Thanks for your time.

Greetings to members of The North Pacific.

I'm Felasia from Jethnea and I've been rotated in here Jethnea's new ambassador to The North Pacific. I will be responsible for any co-operation between our 2 regions. I'm looking forward to getting to know more about TNP and please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Felesia
Jethnea's Ambassador to The North Pacific

Election Result
The following officials have been elected:

President: Henningania
UN Delegate Bloated Ghouls
Foreign Affairs Minister: Council of Seven
Internal Affairs Minister: Felasia

The term of the cabinet shall officially begin with September 1st 2007 and end November 30st 2007. Next elections will be held in early November.

JEOn.png

Jethnean Elections - Aug 2007

Results are in from the recent Con-Ass Elections in Jethnea, with few surprises and a fairly underwhelming response from voters.

pollingnbagpipes_gall.jpg

This may have been the reason for the low electoral turnout.....

Although turnout was mediocre, the Jethnean Cabinet has been confirmed. Keeping their places in the Cabinet are Henningania, Felasia, Council of Seven and The Merlion. A new face has joined their ranks in the form of Bloated Ghouls, who replaces RicharDark, after the latter stepped down for personal reasons.

2005inauguration009.jpg

Bloated Ghouls is sworn in as Delegate.

The formal list of Cabinet positions is as follows:

President: Henningania
UN Delegate : Bloated Ghouls
Foreign Affairs Minister: Council of Seven
Internal Affairs Minister: Felasia

President Henningania has confirmed that the Cabinet shall remain in place until November, where turnout should be unnafected by the summer slump.

Jethnean Regional Guards in action.

The JRG has recently been involved the mission to save The Fountainhead from invasion. In a brief but successful campaign, the region was secured and the main invasion force ejected from the region's territory.

canadian_soldiers_afghanistan_1.jpg

JRG soldiers patrol in The Fountainhead.

One potential case case of friendly fire was averted when one of the defending nations was almost ejected as an invader. Luckily, a correct identification was made before action was taken and disaster averted. Coalition forces are pulling out following the mopping-up of the last last hostile elements in the region.

Those were the main headlines, goodbye and thanks for watching.

opt4.jpg

Issue the First
XXVII September MMVII

Hot Off the Presses!
presses.jpg

The presses which this paper is hot off of.

After a seemingly endless argument over the title of the brand-new Jethnean newspaper - a historic debate which involved passionate oratory, filibusters, tears, threats, lies, bribery, scantily clad girls, slapstick comedy, and cataclysmic sectarian conflict - a winner has risen from the rubble. Internal Affairs Minister Felasia's proposal of the name "Jethnean Journal" barely squeaked by against, well, his other proposal ("Jethnean View") and... well... his two proposals put together roundly trounced this editor's three admirable suggestions by a margin of more than 2:1. Some of the more radical elements of the New Corsimenian government demanded a declaration of war for this unspeakable act of treachery, but fortunately nobody listened to them because they're all lunatics.

"We in New Corsimenia are very pleased to have come to a mutual decision regarding the title of the inchoate Jethnean newspaper," said New Corsimenian President Otto Callahan pompously, "and we're glad that all that cataclysmic sectarian conflict nonsense has died down. Perhaps now we can get back to the real business of running the government." The radical elements were unavailable for comment.

Jethnea Enacts New(er) Constitution
signing_560x420.jpg

Jethnean dignitaries eagerly sign the new constitution whilst undoubtedly under the influence of hallucinogenic candles.

After fresh-faced Jethnean UN Delegate Bloated Ghouls made a modest proposal to the Cabinet in favor of reopening the Jethnean Regional Assembly, there was some very brief discussion, a few swishes of President Henningania's eloquent pen, some votes were cast, and voila! The well-oiled machine which is the Jethnean Government swiftly sprang into action, like a peregrine falcon plunging downwards at over 200 miles an hour onto its witless prey, and within 2.5 days a new constitution was enacted, reopening the JRA and setting a timetable for new, full elections and the reestablishment of Jethnea's former glorious constitution. These tumultuous events are expected to aid in Jethnea's revitalization by acting as an attraction for new members and an enticement for old members to return and show some love.

New Roleplay In Planning Stages
ooc1wi.gif

The Masters of Roleplay get down to brass tacks.

Something's afoot in the hallowed halls of Jethnea's Role Play Department. Echoing up and down those echoey halls is the sound of the gears of active minds grinding away furiously in preparation for a new RP set in an era rather similar to the 1880's; at least 7 people have expressed interest in this one, and we're gearing up to make the initial posts fairly soon. The stench of opium and the emotionless clang of the factory bell will soon be wafting through Jethnea. Figuratively, of course. We're not actually planning to get involved in drug trafficking or promote labor which verges on slavery. Ha, ha.

The Funnies
dilbert9_17_07.gif

bomb.png

Editor: New Corsimenia
FF8.jpg

opt4.jpg

Issue the Second
XXIII December MMVII
Editor: New Corsimenia

Merry Christmas!

And the Winner Is
Election_Day_1865_small1.jpg

Artist's rendering of Jethnean citizens heading to the polls.

Jethnea has just carried out its December elections, and after two appointments by Jethnean Premier Henningania and a snap election for Comm Minister which was required due to some incompetence on the part of a certain Speaker of the Assembly who shall remain unnamed (ahem), the December 2007 Jethnean Cabinet looks a little bit like this:
  • Premier: Henningania
  • Foreign Affairs Minister: New Corsimenia
  • Immigration & Internal Affairs Minister: Felasia
  • Communications Minister: New Corsimenia
  • Defense Minister: The Merlion
  • Intelligence Minister: Pope Lexus X
  • Head Justice: Bloated Ghouls
  • Speaker of the Assembly (ahem): New Corsimenia
Johnny Depp also somehow managed to sneak his way onto the ballot, probably due to more SotA incompetence, but sadly failed to get elected to any position. Mr. Depp, however, recovered swiftly from his losses and will be appearing in the film version of "Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street" (a film which this editor is eagerly looking forward to), based on the hit musical by Stephen Sondheim, coming soon to a theater near you. Rated R for graphic bloody violence; bring the whole family!

Johnny%20Depp%20Sweeney%20Todd%20Tim%20Burton.jpg

Mr. Depp plotting vengeance for his Jethnean electoral defeat.

Legislative Gears Get to Grinding
moderntimes.jpg

Speaker of the Assembly New Corsimenia industriously getting those legislative gears to grind.

As per the recent reenaction of Jethnea’s glorious constitution, the Jethnean Regional Assembly has reopened and is already bombarded with discussions. Premier Henningania has led the way by starting two topics regarding proposed constitution changes, which have since gone wildly off topic onto other important constitutional tangents without actually getting anything done (yet). The Speaker of the Assembly is however looking to, you know, do his job and restart these discussions eventually at some point maybe in the future.

Among the proposed constitutional changes:
  • Splitting the position of UN Delegate from the position of Premier;
  • Requiring JRA confirmation for Defense and Intelligence Minister appointments by the Premier;
  • Combining the Defense and Intelligence Ministries into a single office;
  • Making penguins Jethnea’s official mascot. Just kidding.
goet-05.jpg

Penguins lobbying for the position of Jethnean Mascot outside the Marble House.

High Strung
_42504485_doubles2_getty_416.jpg

The mixed-doubles final between Henningania and Felasia.

Internal Affairs Minister Felasia recently announced the sports tournament to end all sports tournaments, the Jethnean Tennis Championship, with world-class competitors including Felasia, Henningania, and New Corsimenia. The tournament consisted of competitions in men's singles, women's singles, and mixed doubles. New Corsimenia was disqualified after the first round, more than likely due to the fact that one of its players attempted to use a cutlass for a tennis racquet and had to be carried off the field by men in white coats.

In a dramatic series of final matches between Henningania and Felasia, Felasia more or less cleaned house. Widespread allegations of fraud and deceit on the part of Felasia, who was hosting the tournament and who was using a vaguely suspicious quote-unquote "random number generator" to determine the winners, were not raised by anybody. Speculation has abounded, however, that the Felasian players were spaghetti-stringing their racquets, which is perfectly legal in Jethnea as there is no Jethnean tennis body to legislate such things. The New Corsimenian team complained that the same logic could be applied to the practice of using cutlasses for tennis racquets, but nobody ever listens to them.

New Corsimenia, meanwhile, has announced its plans for revenge by eventually hosting a Jethnean Brockian Ultra-Cricket Championship.

Inter-Regional Recruitment Contest!
pp_uk_31.jpg

Sample Jethnean recruitment poster.

Jethnea was recently a proud participant in the 1st Annual Inter-Regional Recruitment Contest, hosted by our friends in Cingeta. We recruited frantically and managed to place fifth, with an increase of 7 nations. This excellent contest had the triple whammy of (1) providing entertainment, (2) being very productive to the regions involved, (3) encouraging competition and interaction between regions. The following tally is courtesy of Pope Lexus X:
Region.....................Nations at Start....Nations at End.....Difference
Equilism...............................119....................150...................+31
The Last Kingdom.................167....................193...................+26
00000 A World Power............197....................215...................+18
Cingeta.................................51.....................66....................+15
Jethnea.................................39.....................46....................+7
Europeia...............................98.....................97.....................-1
Feudal Japan.........................60.....................[Invaded]

SO there we are! I can now announce the winner of the first Inter-regional Recruitment Contest to be Equilism! Following at a close second is The Last Kingdom, and coming in at third is 00000 A World Power!

Well done to all regions for their partaking in this event, and I now hand over the torch to Equilism who are asked to host the next event, and should they decide to, throw a party for this old drunkard.

Note, however, that when the increase is expressed as a percentage of existing nations (arguably a better portrayal of a region’s success, as it takes a region’s size and therefore recruitiing manpower into account), Jethnea comes in 3rd! (What’s that you say? Grasping at straws? Sorry, couldn’t quite hear that.)

Cingeta................................+29%
Equilism...............................+26%
Jethnea................................+18%
The Last Kingdom.................+16%
00000 A World Power............+9%
Europeia..............................-1%
Feudal Japan........................(pi)r^2

FF8.jpg

Acknowledgments:
Felasia (for posting the last issue around NS)
Pope Lexus X (for reading & approving)
Google Image Search

opt4.jpg

Edition 2: Issue 3

Jethnea's First Coup!

On the 6th of September, Pope Lexus X returned to Jethnea after a 6 week holiday. After finding the region no better than when he left, Lexus proceeded to remove the Triumvirate from their positions as the rulers of the region, and declared himself as King of the region, and Earthly Heaven as Queen.

Whereas the Triumvirate wanted to recruit until the region was ready to begin anew, the Monarchs have already re-opened the JRA, and the King announced his intention to recruit on his own stating, "Because Immigration is the worst job, and anyone who is forced to do it will certainly become inactive, I am going to take on the duty".

So far the Monarchs have ruled successfully, bringing activity to the region once more through the promise of a new beginning, and giving everyone the ability to partake in it.

tudors123.jpg

The King & Queen survey the new land

The Regional Assembly is Back!

In their second Decree, the Monarchs announced the re-opening of the Jethnean Regional Assembly as the legislative body of Jethnea once more. JRA membership quickly rose from 4 to 11 during the last week, with more expected to join.

Already the JRA has been busy discussing the question of a new constitution, and the role of the cabinet in the region. It is expected that the discussion of the cabinet will end soon, with elections soon to follow, so if you do wish to run for a position, make sure you watch the Election forum in the coming days!

ikea-cat-some-assembly-required.jpg

The best Assembly photo I could find. Cute, huh?

New Communications Ministry!

Already the reformations have hit the communications ministry! The King recently announced that he would be changing the way Jethnean's used their media services, and we are currently mid-way through these changes.

During the week, the King began giving ordinary Jethnean's the chance to create their own newspapers, allowing them the chance to, "Conduct interviews, write editorials on what you think is important, post stories you've written, hire reporters to report on both internal and foreign affairs, or you can do them all!"

Already there are four registered newspapers: The Jethnean Journal (official region newspaper), Henninganische Volkszeitung (Henninganian People's Paper), Green Weekly (Bolcheva's bi-monthly paper), and The Danavian Observer (The official newspaper of East Danavia).

We wish all of these new papers the best of luck in writing their publications, and hope to see some of their articles published in the regional reports.

4dummies.png

Because the "Journalism for Dummies" photo was too small..

Fin: This issue of the Jethnean Journal was brought to you by HM Pope Lexus X, and HM Earthly Heaven, the King and Queen of Jethnea.

opt4.jpg

Edition 2: Issue 4

Prime Minister Returns!

After the passing of the Cabinet Act, the first act passed by the new Regional Assembly, the Monarchs appointed long-time Jethnean, Henningania as Jethnea's new Prime Minister, a role which has previously been known as President, and Premier.

The Monarchs said, "Henningania has served the region countless times as both a minister and leading figure. We wish him the best with his new role, and hope he will help bring the region to a new position in Nationstates."

Henningania began his term stating, "As a first measure, I will call for general elections for the newly created, yet vacant positions of the ressort ministers and the Speaker of the reinstalled JRA. Then, there will be the task to stimulate regional growth as well as the creation of a full legal basis for Jethnea, a constitution. This is my agenda for the first legislation of the new Jethnea."

We here at The Jethnean Journal wish him the best of luck in the future!

brown-gordon.jpg

Extra! Extra! Theory of evolutions "missing link" found!

Election Excitement!

Almost immediately after being appointed, Prime Minister Henningania, started the first elections in over a year! The elections are for the positions of Foreign Affairs Minister, Internal Affairs Minister, and Speaker of the Assembly.

Currently five members of the region are up for election: Bolcheva and tommattox are running for Internal Affairs Minister position, Santa8 and The Merlion are running for the Speaker of the Assembly position, and Bolcheva and The Merlion are running for the Speaker of the Assembly position.

Voting is set to end on the 30th of September with the executive starting their work on the 1st of October. We wish all the nominees the best of luck!

Newpope.jpg

Ah, memories of my own days as a nominee..

New Papers Launched!

Two new Jethnean publications have already released their first newspapers, The Hot Issue and Henninganische Volkszeitung. Both papers include national and regional information, with both factional and fictional articles within them.

Both papers are available to read here:
The Hot Issue
Henninganische Volkszeitung

80001_Header.jpg

Volksstimme.png

If only we had access to photoshop..

Interregional News

The feeders are still in a state of confusion and war. Recent developments in The East Pacific saw one leader of The Empire, Lord Rahl reveal his true identity, as Biyah, the longtime West Pacifican, and citizen of Equilism. The North Pacific and Gatesville are also currently at war, with The North Pacific making the first move and taking over two Gatesville regions which were used for the "Survivor" game played by Gatesvillians frequently.

Great Britain and Ireland were recently the victim of several disgraceful spam attacks on their forum by members of The New Revolution and The True Revolution. These attacks saw members of TNR and TTR posting pictures of a pornogarphic nature throughout the regions forum. Fortunately, the administrators were quick to clean the attacks off the forum, and several regions including Gatesville and Europeia have stated their disappointment of TTR and TNR, and are proceeding to end all relations with them.

The warzones have been the scene of a number of battles recently between regions such as Equinox, The Black Market, New Sorvun, NPA, and others, and 00000 A World Power. The coalition group with Equinox managed to protect Warzone Europe, and forced Warzone Asia from 00000 A World Power, a huge achievement as AWP are known to have one of the most efficient defender armies in NS currently.

North Pacific are currently holding an NS debating Contest on their regions forum. The contest, which has entered it's second round, began with 16 members, and now has been reduced to just 8; Delta Golf Sierra, Ferosa, Rhegaedia, Uropa, Todd McCloud, and The Narnian Council. It is being judged by Big Killer Babys, Sedge and Pope Lexus X.

91471-004-CA2A5318.jpg

When Cultures collide..it ain't pretty..

Fin: This issue of the Jethnean Journal was brought to you by HM Pope Lexus X, and HM Earthly Heaven, the King and Queen of Jethnea.

Back