TNP Summer Olympics 2006

olympic0ep.png
The North Pacific Summer Olympics 2006 will be hosted by Ator People. Located at approximately 4° north latitude and 144° east longitude, it is perfect for the Summer Games with its tropical wet climate. The average temperature is 85° (F).

The main games will take place in the capital city of Rio Ciudad in the province of Terrain de Poisson. However, some of the games on rivers will take place in the River Ator, stretching from Cielian Heights to the southeast coast of Terrain de Poisson. Sailing in the ocean will take place off the coast of Terrain de Poisson near the mouth of the River Ator.

map3thumb24wl.jpg

--------------------
Introduction to Points System
My idea was to add a twist to the games. What would happen is each nation participating would be given points, and with those points they could "buy" athletes or use them to increase the chances of an athlete winning.

Individual Points
Each nation would start with 31 individual points. These can be used to enter an athlete or group of athletes in any sport with less than 4 people on a 'team'. So each 'team' or 'individual' would be 1 point. But if you entered, for example, too people in the triathlon , they would each cost a point. But if you don't want an athlete in every sport, you can enter more than one in one sport, or you can use points to buy "stars."

Stars are bought with points to increase an athlete's chances of winning. Basically, each star increases an athletes chance, in the random selection of winners of each game, by 5%. Each star costs one point, and you can buy a max. of five stars per athlete. This can help you up to 25% to win a medel in a particular event.

Team Points
Each nation also gets 8 team points, so they can enter in the team events with 5+ athletes on a team. In the below list, team events are denoted by a *. Each team event requires one team point to enter a team. You can only enter one team per event, except for rowing events, in which you can enter a max of two teams (still 1 point per team).

Team points can be used to buy team "stars." As with individual stars, they increase your chance of winning. However, these team stars increase your teams chances by 15% a star, though you can only use 2 per team.

Bonus Points
Finally, there is one more part to this whole points system. You can get extra points if you are a bigger nation or you participate on this forum! I wanted a way to reward people for participation in the region. So for every 1 billion people in your TNP nation, you gain 1 individual point. And, for every thousand of posts (in your post count) you have on this forum, you gain 1 individual point. These extra "bonus" points can only be redeemed up to 10 points, so as to not unfairly hurt the other, newer players.
Determining Winners
The winners of events will be determined randomally, with the stars factored in.

Role Playing
National role playing throughout the games is encouraged. Each athlete entered will have to be given a name. Nations are also encouraged to give a short bio on star athletes.

--------------------
Games
The games *Ator People plans on hosting are:

baseball Men*
softball Women*
basketball Men*
basketball Women*
football Men *
football Women*
volleyball Men*
volleyball Women *
Rowing: eight with coxswain (8+) Men*
Rowing: eight with coxswain (8+) Women *
Sailing: 470 - Two Person Dinghy Men
Sailing: 470 - Two Person Dinghy Women
Triathlon Men
Triathlon Women
10000m Track Men
10000m Track Women
100m Track Men
100m Track Women
100m hurdles Women
110m hurdles Men
4x400m relay Men
4x400m relay Women
long jump Men
long jump Women
marathon Men
marathon Women
pole vault Men
pole vault Women
Diving: 10m platform Men
Diving: 10m platform Women
Swimming: 200m freestyle Women
Swimming: 200m freestyle Men
Swimming: 100m backstroke Men
Swimming: 100m backstroke Women
K-2 500m (kayak double) Men
K-2 500m (kayak double) Women

--------------------

Suggestions
Please feel free to make suggestions to the point system, the games list, or just how these games are being planned.

I figured summer is fast approaching so I wanted to get these plans ready ASAP. I have spent a lot of time considering how this will be run, but I am open to suggestions for changes.

Entering Athletes
Unless there are any major objections, nations may begin entering athletes for the events. Remember, 31 individual points, 8 team points, and bonus points. It is okay to not use points. One point per athlete/team. One point per star. Max 5 stars for individuals, 2 stars for teams.

Is that too confusing?

Probably in public - after all, if he's asking for a bio on your "stars", why not?

So (just to double check) - I would have 39 individual points - 31 + 4 for having 4 Billion Pop. + 4 for having 4,000 posts.

Sounds great! Oh, and for all the unenlightened Americans out there - "Football" is the beautiful game, not that vulgar sport they hold the Super Bowl for. :P

Edit: When are registrations due by? And will we need to pay a fee to help reimburse your for your bid money?

I want all the athletes in by the end of the month (April).

Please post them right in this thread.

Hersfold, that's right on your point count.

No need for a fee. If you liked the olympics after the games are over, maybe nations could donate.

Next two questions:

Do we need to provide names for the members of each team as well, or will submitting the team do?

And is this open to all nations, or just those with a nation in TNP?

The AlHoman people being natural auqavians (people who like the water) are sending the following athletes to the Olympic Games

Robert Taninger, 5 Time Winner of the AlHoma Endurance sailing contest (5 stars), with co-pilot (Mens Sailing 470)
Stephanie Bartlet, 3 Time competitor in "TNP Round the Pacific" Cup (5 Stars) (Womens Sailing 470)
Denis DiBlasio, 3 time AAH (All AlHoman) Kayak Champion (5 Stars) (Mens Kayak)
Amelia Hooper, 6 time Winner of The Founders Cup (5 stars) (Women's Kayak)

The AlHoman legislature is still conducting trials and will announce the rest of it's team shortly.

Next two questions:

Do we need to provide names for the members of each team as well, or will submitting the team do?

And is this open to all nations, or just those with a nation in TNP?
For teams you need not send in the name of each individual member, though it is very welcome!

And this is open to only nations in TNP. If you are outside of TNP, you are free to bring a puppet into TNP if you'd like, though you only get the bonus points for your TNP nation.

The Namyeknomian Olympic Team

The world of sport was amazed today, when for the first time in recorded history The Bowler Hat Wearing Peoples of Namyeknom have declared their intention to take part in an organised sporting event. The normally laid back, and some would say lazy, inhabitant of the coastal state have previously shown no interest in sport, or indeed any other physical exertion.

The press release from the small (and previously unknown) Namyeknomian Olympic Commission (NOC) present the names of the athletes competing, and announced volleyball was to become Namyeknom's national sport. It goes on the mention the joint venture with several top Namyeknom scientists, many of whom do not believe it is possible for a human to complete any of these events without dying, or worse.

The Line Up
  • Eros October, Cernunnos Jones, Vlad Python, Dagfinn O'Reilly, Ignasi Yann, Antoni Sunan (Men's Volleyball) - An interesting assortment of players, picked out through various trials. These six showed the greatest of skill in the sport (well, managed to stay on the proper side of the net for most of a match), and are expected to be hero's on their no doubt triumphant return.
  • Hera Marita, Alya Kirsten, Angela Erzsi, Cassia Nyree, Hieke Elke, Eseld Olena (Women's Volleyball) - To the NOC's astonishment, a fully formed Women's squad was already in existance. Lifetime champions of the Namyeknom Womens Volleyball League (admittedly a league of which they are the sole member), these ladies have a winning pedigree not to trifled with.
To the suprise of the assembled press these were the only two teams mentioned. The NOC promised more after lunch, but never returned. Whether these athletes will actually turn up to the summer games is debatable...

OOC: I'm not assigning any points, as it would rather go against the spirit of my RP. Also, are you only running the events with the * after them? Or is it all the events mentioned? I'm rather confused. I might a couple of individual events later (if running), as I can't face random generating any more team names...

The Team of Apollo-Industria:

Baseball-Apollo-Industria Falcons
Basketball (Men)-Apollo-Industria Falcons
Basketball (Women)-Apollo-Industria Falcons
Football (Men)-Apollo-Industria Falcons
Football (Women)-Apollo-Industria Falcons
10000m Track Men-Ivanhoe Stowing
10000m Track Women-Tonya Garowitz
100m Track Men-Ivanhoe Stowing
100m Track Women-Tonya Garowitz
4x400m relay Men-Vladimir Krow
4x400m relay Women-Tzeitel Borona
long jump Men-Ivan Garowitz
long jump Women-Tzeitel Borona
marathon Men-Josef Viking
marathon Women-Joan Kri
Diving: 10m platform Women-Tonya Rodonova
Swimming: 200m freestyle Women-Tonya Rodonova
Swimming: 200m freestyle Men-Marx Krogal
Swimming: 100m backstroke Men-Peter Varkin
Swimming: 100m backstroke Women-Aleksa Minoca
K-2 500m (kayak double) Men-Aleksandr Yvn
K-2 500m (kayak double) Women-Aleksa Minoca

BIOS NOT AVAILABLE!

Due to the People of Euromillions extreme competetativeness in all areas it has been decided that they shall not enter any team sports on account of they could not handle sharing the glory with there team mates. However a few indviduals have shown promise at various sports so here are our entries (based on my 31 points if ive done this right)

Triathlon Men - Borris Evans
Triathlon Women - Dorris Evans
10000m Track Men - Seth Moneybags
10000m Track Women - Edna Farthing
100m Track Men - Jimmy Shoes
100m Track Women - 'Batty' Betty Hatrack (3*s)
100m hurdles Women - Josie Jenkins
110m hurdles Men - Jimmy Shoes
long jump Men- Piere Green
long jump Women - Josie Jenkins (5*s)
marathon Men - Seth Moneybags
marathon Women -Edna Farthing
pole vault Men - Piere Green
pole vault Women -Josie Jenkins
Diving: 10m platform Men - Sam Vreeland
Diving: 10m platform Women - Tibby Zedlair (5*s)
Swimming: 200m freestyle Women - Maddy Nolans
Swimming: 200m freestyle Men - Fredrick Fishfeet

Only a few nations have signed up. I'll keep open sign-ups for awhile, but I want to get an idea how many people we have participating.

Well here in the Commonwealth of Falconkats. I Falconkats I here by proclaim my best citizens to represent the Commenwelath at this our first Olympics and there are as follows

Baseball Men ----- THE KATS
SOFTBALL WOMEN--- THE KITTY KATS
BASKETBALL WOMEN-- THE FALCON HOOPSTERS
BASKETBALL MEN-- THE FALCONKATS
LONG JUMP MEN --- JIMMY "LONG JUMP" FRANKLIN
LONG JUMP WOMEN --- MONICA "CRICKET" HAMPTON
MARATHON MEN --- TONY "RABBIT" DONALDSON
MARATHON WOMEN-- DIANA "TURTLE" PATTERSON
TRIATHLON MEN--- FRANK HOWARD
TRIATHLON WOMEN-- ABIGAIL "GOLD" PATTERSON
100M TRACK MEN--- GEORGE "SPEEDY" NORTH
100M TRACK WOMEN-- BARBARA "CHEETAH" ORION
POLE VALUT MEN--- HOWARD STEPHENSON
POLE VALUT WOMEN --- GEORGETTE HOWARD
SWIMMING FREE 100M WOMEN--- SELA FOX
SWIMMING FREE 100M MEN---- RALPH HOUNDER
SWIMMING BACK 200M WOMEN--- SANDY FOX
SWIMMING BACK 200M MEN---- HUNTER WALKER

Hold a spot for me, please. I don't have time to come up with names, etc., just yet, but I promise I will soon. Sooner if you nag me about it.

By BLC 113.67, all formal competitive units or persons operating outside the national borders must be comprised solely of BDC employees.

TEAM SPORTS

Baseball Men - Sector 9 Primary Assembly**

Volleyball Women - Northern Transit Facility Night Receiving**

Rowing: eight with coxswain (8+) Women - Level 3 Outbound Ammunition Depot Materials Management*

INDIVIDUAL AND SMALL TEAM EVENTS -

Sailing: 470 - Two Person Dinghy Men - 1st Expeditionary Group,
Alpha Support Fleet**
Sailing: 470 - Two Person Dinghy Women - Northen Residential Educational Facility (Upper Level, Sciences and Mathematics)

10000m Track Men - Kevin Saenger
10000m Track Women - Erica Boss*

100m Track Men - Ray Pittenger
100m Track Women - Abigail Downs

100m hurdles Women - Katrina Nyberg
110m hurdles Men - Mark Huber

4x400m relay Men - 3rd Force Reconnaisance Group*****
4x400m relay Women - 118th Air Assault Division*****

long jump Men - Wayne Spurgeon*
long jump Women - Amanda Cash

marathon Men - Richard Cole
marathon Women - Kirsten Morgan*

pole vault men - Jamie Area
pole vault women - Angie New

K-2 500m (kayak double) Men - Central Processing (Ro Division)*
K-2 500m (kayak double) Women - Physical Plant (Accounts Receivable)

Asterisks represent purchased stars - 34 individual points available (31+ 1[ca. 110 posts] + 2[2 billion residents of Dashiell Hammetts Mom])

OPArsenal will be entering two teams in the football categories.

Men's Football: Harbour Town FC.**
Women's Football: See You Next Tuesday FC.**

We will also be entering a men's baseball team: The 'Roid Ragers.**

We will also be entering individual athletes in the following events:

Men's Marathon: Herbert Chapman.*****
Men's 100m Track: Liam Brady.*****

Bios to follow.

TEAM/ATHLETE BIOS

Harbour Town FC

The Harbour Town FC Longshoremen have won the OPArsenal Premier League's prestigious Wenger Cup for the last 25 years, an amazing feat on it's own, but made even more special when one takes into consideration that the OPAPL is the world's largest amateur football league. Absolutely no money or other compensation is given to players, or coaches, or any club staff. This amazing football club has decided to step it up and compete on the regional stage for top honors and prestige.

See You Next Tuesday FC

The SYNTFC Warriors are one of 5 teams in the brand-new OPArsenal Women's Premiership. No matches have yet been played, but the Warriors are the team that looks like they will display the best fundamentals, so they were selected. God help them.

The 'Roid Ragers

The OPArsenal men's national baseball team has been dubbed "The 'Roid Ragers" by the country's incisive media, due to their heads that look like oranges on toothpicks. Other than that, we have no comment on their abilities, other than to say that somehow, they all have gotten better as they have gotten older.

Herbert Chapman

OPArsenal's champion marathon runner has ran all across our region and many others in his attempts to fundraise for his favorite charity: the OPArsenalian government. Apparently, 100% income tax rates aren't enough for him. He is somewhere in the Pacific right now on his "Feeders for Higher Taxes" running tour, and it is rumore3d that he hasn't stopped running, either in place or moving, since 1974.

Liam Brady

OPArsenal's premier track star is the fastest man on the face of the planet. He, too has run across all of the feeder regions, but his quest is more special than Chapman's because he actually has ran across the face of the water. All he wants is to be seen, but that's hard to do, considering that walking, for him, is about the speed of a freight train.

Ok, here we go.

The United Federation will be sending the following Delegation:

Teams:
Men's Football Team - Hersfold National Football League (+2 stars)
Women's Football Team - National Women's Soccer of Hersfold (+2 stars)
Men's Volleyball
Women's Volleyball

Individuals (39 Points available):
Sailing, Men's 470 - Owen & Greg Morsey (+2 stars)
Men's Triathlon - Timothy Kilduff (+3 stars)
Women's Triathlon - Casey Rosier (+3 stars)
Women's 10K Track - Stacy Cirulli (+1 star)
Men's 110m Hurdles - Aaron Cassell (+1 star)
Men's Long Jump - Steven Akers (+2 stars)
Women's Long Jump - Julia Teuber (+2 stars)
Men's Marathon - Devin Newsome (+4 stars)
Women's Marathon - Christine Gosnell (+4 stars)
Men's Pole Vault - James Linville (+1 star)
Women's Pole Vault - Alexis Penn (+1 star)
Women's 200m freestyle - Susan Turner (+1 star)
Men's 200m freestyle - Nolan Jackson (+1 star)

Bios to come.

As newcomer not sure if I understood the rules perfectly, but here I go with a suggestion of some teams for the olympics (please let me know if I should correct something.

The nation of Polanyi has chosen only the most distingushied teams and athletes this year:

Teams:
Mens football team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)****
Womens Volleyball team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)***

Individuals:
Mens triathlon - Green Light Club - Gus Tavo** and Gab Riel**

May the Sports Spirit be with you all,
The Nation of Polanyi

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that you can only put two stars on each team.

Shame there's no rugby tournament. I'd love to win a fourth.

Team points can be used to buy team "stars." As with individual stars, they increase your chance of winning. However, these team stars increase your teams chances by 15% a star, though you can only use 2 per team.

Yes, you can only have 2 stars per team. Sorry Polanyi.

The Republic of Towniana are interested to enter Athletes in a few events we hope to do well at and have shown good training performances

basketball Men- Towniana Basketball Club *
100m Track Men- Mitchell Adams *
100m Track Women- Tamara Bosphoran
110m hurdles Men- John Dickinson *
long jump Men- Paul Ike *
marathon Men- Johnny Tyler
Diving: 10m platform Men- Nathan Woodstock *
Diving: 10m platform Women- Isabella Mayhew
Swimming: 200m freestyle Women- Stephanie Parlour *
Swimming: 200m freestyle Men- Manuel Redton
Swimming: 100m backstroke Men- David Townsend *
Swimming: 100m backstroke Women- Emma Harman *

I wonder if i've got the stars right

Teams:
Mens football team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)****
Womens Volleyball team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)***

Individuals:
Mens triathlon - Green Light Club - Gus Tavo** and Gab Riel**

Hi Ator,

I would like to correct some details on the previously suggested teams and individuals. So I am participating with the same two teams but with 2 stars on each, max according to rules:

Teams:
Mens football team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)**
Womens Volleyball team - Sporting Club of Polanyi (SCP)**

and two new teams, making up a total of 8 points:
Womens football team - The Lions of Polanyi
Mens Volleyball team - The Lions of Polanyi

Bios for the teams:
Sporting Club of Polanyi is an historic name in sports, about one century old, one of the first sports club in the history of the nationa and also one of the most medalled of all times with particular emphasis to football and volleyball. It is widely reknowned for the excellent quality of its sports schools.

The Lions of Polanyi are a recently created local club that has distinguished itself in some regional and national championships. It is its first time in the olympics and the nation is anxious to see how well will it do.

Two already registered:
Individuals:
Mens triathlon - Green Light Club - Gus Tavo***** and Gab Riel*****

And some more:
Swimming 200m freestyle men - Green Light Club - Car Los*****
Swimming 200m freestyle men - Green Light Club - Rod Rigo*****
Swimming 200m freestyle women - Green Light Club - Lucy Ana*****
Swimming 200m freestyle women - Gren Light Club - Carol Ina

Bio: The Green Light Club is a publicly funded club in the capital city periphery, where a variety of sports are played. From there, only the very best are chosen to represent the nation.

Car Los: 26, experienced, national champion
Rod Rigo: 26, vice-national champion
Lucy Ana: 26, national champion
Carol Ina, 26, vice-national champion

Which, I think totals 31 points for individuals....
Let me know if this is correct please!

may the spirit of sport be with you,
P.

At the end of next week I will put together a full list of athletes participating in the games, and start putting a schedule together.

Be sure to get your athletes submitted soon if you want to be in the games!!!

If anyone is willing to help put together a list of the athletes in each sport, that'd help me a lot!

Please PM me if you can help :)

Thanks,

...Ator People...

The problem is...I've been really busy and haven't had the chance to sit down and get everything organized and ready for the games. I'm still hoping to do it though, it will just be a little....late. Sorry everyone!

Back