Outpost Commissions and Command Units

TNP LAW 7
Ministry of Defense

Section 1. Organization of North Pacific Army

A - The Minister of Defense (MOD) may organize The North Pacific Army (NPA) in any type of military system he/she would like with the support of the majority of the NPA.
B - The Minister may choose a Position to oversee the everyday deployment of the Army or may keep this position for him/her self. Any person selected to hold said position would have no authority to propose or accept any Treaties between governments or organizations.The duties of the position will be specified by the MoD.

I think this should be changed to allow for the permanent establishment of a command corps (if only consisting of one officer's rank) that can be controlled by the Minister of Defense.

Also the amending of the Constitution to allow for operations to be carried out in other regions by officers and their men that are independent TNP covert operations, peacekeeping missions, etc. So if somebody were an officer, they could go to Dystopia, West Pacific, United Arabia, etc., and act as military ambassadors, peacekeepers, or espionage units.

As it stands now, if you're not out on a mission and your UN leaves TNP, you can basically be banned. All I'm suggesting is a slightly more detailed approach to that: so you have officers who can be out of the region for something other than a liberation without it being an issue.

Also, further specification is needed concerning "support of the majority." Unless it is contained somewhere else that I don't know about, this is really too vague.

I think the law is fine as it stands. The Ministory of Defense pretty much just gets to run it the way that they like. Also if lets say a UN nation did leave the region to go do something that was not sponsered by TNP, then if the person messes up the act may come back to hurt the TNP politically.

Personally I see no reason to change the existing law.

Yes, but being an officer, the person's actions would be controlled by the MoD, so it wouldn't conflict with regional policy.

Yes, but being an officer, the person's actions would be controlled by the MoD, so it wouldn't conflict with regional policy.
Then what's the point? If the MoD still retains the right to order the officer around then what is the difference between this and a standard military exercise.

I'm usually one of the strongest proponents of citizen's rights but allowing private citizens going into warzones without the region's wholehearted approval, but still in the name of the North Pacific Army; isn't in the interest of the North Pacific's citizens.

But it provides further specification as to those who are able to lead an attack, or to conduct espionage missions, instead of randomly picking someone -- an officer would be chosen because he/she is usually on more frequently, can be counted upon to lead a military force on a regular basis, etc. And I never said anything about private citizens, I meant officers leading troops.

When you have a group of officers, you have a pool of reliable people who can be continually relied upon to lead soldiers into battle.

Even without that, the "majority" issue is still kind of vague.

But it provides further specification as to those who are able to lead an attack, or to conduct espionage missions, instead of randomly picking someone -- an officer would be chosen because he/she is usually on more frequently, can be counted upon to lead a military force on a regular basis, etc. And I never said anything about private citizens, I meant officers leading troops.

When you have a group of officers, you have a pool of reliable people who can be continually relied upon to lead soldiers into battle.

Even without that, the "majority" issue is still kind of vague.
they're vague so that the definition can better relate to changing times and attitudes, and should only be altered at times when it gravely mismatches the needs of the people.

Who would choose these officers? Who would have the ultimate authority? If it is the MoD then what would be the difference with the system we currently have in place?

But being vague is dangerous, waiting for it to be changed at some future, more critical time. And as for the MoD appointing officers, it helps set a record of performance for the Minister of Defense -- how many were reliable? How many made inappropriate decisions, etc? All these things add up and must be considered. The general idea, however, is that it would help organize the body and make it more efficient, as opposed to just a random selection.

Are you even a member of the NPA? :blink: Because according to my records for Admin stuff and MoIIA, you're not.

There's no need to define a particular command structure. That would lead to having a MoD elected who can't work with whatever we decide is best, resulting in an ineffective force. As sniffles said, it's vague for a reason.

Also the amending of the Constitution to allow for operations to be carried out in other regions by officers and their men that are independent TNP covert operations, peacekeeping missions, etc. So if somebody were an officer, they could go to Dystopia, West Pacific, United Arabia, etc., and act as military ambassadors, peacekeepers, or espionage units.

Under the current rules, they could as long as they were doing it under TNP orders, even if those were secret orders from the MoD.

*Justifies position to Hers for the second time :headbang: *

Yes, I am an NPA member -- I participated in the last mission to Lazarus, but I am evidently not recorded as being such (is there a badge I should have?).

Yes...
  • I must have notification from the Minister of Defense, which I do not.
  • You must have the permission mask for the NPA forums, which you do not.
  • I must have you listed in my MoIIA records as being in the NPA, which I do not.
Sorry, that was rather off-topic and I didn't really have time to finish the post. Anyway, if you went running around NS without changing your TNP-listed nation, you were at extreme risk of losing your RV-ship.

Anyway,
Under the current rules, they could as long as they were doing it under TNP orders, even if those were secret orders from the MoD.
I should also point out that the North Pacific Inteligence Agency operates virtually independent from any government authority, allowing such missions to take place.

If it's just an organizational policy issue - why not have the RA 'commission' officers above a certain rank with the intent of creating a 'skeleton' officer corps that can be 'fleshed out' with foot soldiers when needed?

• I must have notification from the Minister of Defense, which I do not.

• You must have the permission mask for the NPA forums, which you do not.

• I must have you listed in my MoIIA records as being in the NPA, which I do not.

You should speak to the Minister of Defense, then, as it's his fault that you weren't notified (it was per his request that I participated in liberating Lazarus).

And it's exactly like Roman said: organizational policy and detailed structure.

Hmmm, I guess I'd just prefer a MoD with more flexibility and a chance to act with his personal style.

Hersfold:
Yes...
I must have notification from the Minister of Defense, which I do not.
You must have the permission mask for the NPA forums, which you do not.
I must have you listed in my MoIIA records as being in the NPA, which I do not.
Sorry, that was rather off-topic and I didn't really have time to finish the post. Anyway, if you went running around NS without changing your TNP-listed nation, you were at extreme risk of losing your RV-ship.

I know Dalimbar might be busy with other projects but I've recently been admitted as a member of the NPAA, see if my name is on there. That should prove how updated it is.

It's not my duty to deal with NPA membership. If you lot believe there is an issue with your membership, you talk to the MoD. I'll send him a PM, but as far as I can tell, neither of you have applied in the registration topics, so I have no reason to believe you are members.

Enough about that now, let's remain on topic.

Back