OOC Rules

Puckton

TNPer
As the Deputy Minister of A&E, I, along with IG strive for a place that is fun, silly, and where everyone can come and have a good time. But every so often, ground rules must be established to ensure that all persons that come here will have a wonderful stay. There's only 2:

1. Each new topic must state the intent of the topic in the first post.

2. If the topic veers off the subject once, a warning will be posted in the offending topic. If it veers off a 2nd time, the topic will be removed and sent to the lock box.

It is our hope that with these rules in place, it will help to have a much more relaxed and fun time. Have any questions? Post them here or drop a PM! :)

It's a bit too open and subject to mod abuse. I think you should probably refine them. A topic in and of itself should be intent for anyone that wants to participate. If it's an inside joke and the vast majority of people (that frequent OOC) don't get it, that's a lock-boxer. If it's entirely random and there's no unifying theme as such that can be followed, that's a lock-boxer. But to lock away a topic because people go off of it can get your OOC core threads locked up and thrown out.

Lemme try and clarify this a bit: If the topic starts to veer off, but can somehow link with what was already said in the topic, that won't merit a warning or a lockboxer.

If it veers off and what is being said is completely random or really has no point to the topic, then that will send the topic to the lockbox. (Afetr the first warning)

Does this make more sense? As long as the first post says what the thread is about, we'll let almost anything go. It's only when things start to get out of hand (flaming, name calling, random posts like "hekjdhfdhfdmshsdhjsus", etc) that we'll step in.

Yep. Naturally, if something gets highly obscene, we may issue warnings due to ToS violations, but for the most part we'll leave y'all alone.

If it's entirely random and there's no unifying theme as such that can be followed, that's a lock-boxer.

If the topic is to be completely random, then obviously it's ok. For example, "Word Disassociation" is intended to be completely unrelated - it's not about to be locked up.

I personally won't be enforcing this, btw. I'll leave it up to IG and Puckton to decide. :yes:

Totally random as in there's no unifying theme, or there is but nobody's sticking to it. Word Disassociation's got a unifying theme in that the next word can't be directly related to the last for the exception of antonyms.

So it is for me to understand that these rules apply specifically to the ministry's internal management of which threads get locked, while the admins/g-mods will maintain their control over individual posters?

Not really a rule but could you please find the topic instead of creating a new one? Prime example is Word Association, which I have merged twice with the original because people don't look for it.

Stay in The North Pacific for a super fun time! :D :D

luv u all!

4690_107832476418_584061418_2749717_3631992_n.jpg

does that do it for you Deeds? For the record these are three members of the A team, Amadeus (the black one), Antoinette (the big white one) and Ash (the baby). And yes, those are the names they go by in my scientific submissions.

lies! i didnt actually take that one. i'll show some of my photos i took in vietnam once i have uploaded them. nearly all taken from the back of a minsk travelling at 40mph and crisp as.

I only saw the leaked version of Wolverine, but i dunno if the final cut could be much better. they should have stuck to "Origin" more. such a rad graphic novel

looks like im getting a free business class ticket to BKK AND all sorts of weird medical tests done! been quite an adventurous week. Plus hardcore field researchers keep telling me that i might have the most hardcore field injury story they ever heard now.

Back