Question for the Court

1) Duties of Attorney General in Trial Proceedings - The Attorney General shall be the Chief Prosecutor in The North Pacific and shall be the default prosecutor for all cases brought to trial in The North Pacific unless the Attorney General is charged, In that event the prosecutor shall be selected by the Chief Justice in a manner that is not arbitrary or capricious. The Attorney General may also choose to delegate the Prosecutor's role to a registered voter who shall not be a member of the current Cabinet.

Notice I have highlighted the stuff I have a query about in bold print. Will the prosecutor be whoever's able or will that prosecutor have to come?

3) Jury Selection - Five jurors will be randomly selected by the presiding officer from a pool of registered voters. Registered voters who have an expressed bias or whom who have served on a jury in the past three months will be automatically excluded. If either counsel believes one of the selected jurors is unfit to serve for reasons of bias or a conflict of interest, the presiding officer will review the charge and if he/she finds it valid, the next available juror will be chosen from the random drawing list. If selected, a juror may decline to serve before the trial begins. Once the trial is started, the juror is required to complete their obligation.

Is it like jury duty? They choose, you come and you talk them out of it, you go?

1. Were words omitted from this question? I have read it a couple of times, and am not sure where you are going with it.

2. Jurors will be taken in order from a randomly selected list (details of which may be found in the ICR, and which will be created in the next day or two, RL permitting.) The juror may then decline to serve. Selcetion will continue until we have empaneled the requisite number of jurors, after objections, etc.

Back