Featured Recruiter Idea

Here's an idea I had. We put out the word (maybe in the WFE, TGs to recruiters, and/or messages on the RMB) that each week we will have a "Featured Recruiter." This will be a selected recruiting nation that puts out short, to the point, and creative ads. We will show recruiters we are not against recruiting, but we want responsible recruiting. We don't want copy/paste ads and we don't want 25 line ads.

The "Featured Recruiter" would get their ad in the scrolling banner on the top of our forum, a pinned ad in the recruiting forum, and maybe even a note in the WFE. I'd have to talk to the delegate about the last one.

This would give the positive incentive for keeping your ads short, instead of just threatening to ban those who make overlength ones. We can do both, and this way we are not just punishing, we are rewarding.

The scrolling ad shouldn't be a problem since I have purchased two lines for two years each, so I'm willing to use one for this purpose.

Any comments/concerns?

Not gonna be delegate when this goes into effect, but I wouldn't particularly want to advertise a recruiter on the WFE for a couple of reasons.

1. Space is limited. It's sometimes hard to fit it all in, and advertising regions would be a bit of a pain
2. To me... being mentioned in the WFE means encouraging our citizens to leave. Which given that we're trying to start recruitment drives, seems a bit.... contradictory? :duh:

If a person gets to this forum, reads a recruitment ad and then leaves, they probably didn't have a high probability of staying here in the first place. But people do pay attention to the NS factbook and messageboard when they're looking for regions. (sometimes). I'd rather write "Come visit the forum" then "Featured Region: xxxx"

Not gonna be delegate when this goes into effect, but I wouldn't particularly want to advertise a recruiter on the WFE for a couple of reasons.

1. Space is limited. It's sometimes hard to fit it all in, and advertising regions would be a bit of a pain
2. To me... being mentioned in the WFE means encouraging our citizens to leave. Which given that we're trying to start recruitment drives, seems a bit.... contradictory? :duh:

If a person gets to this forum, reads a recruitment ad and then leaves, they probably didn't have a high probability of staying here in the first place. But people do pay attention to the NS factbook and messageboard when they're looking for regions. (sometimes). I'd rather write "Come visit the forum" then "Featured Region: xxxx"
Good idea. Then just the forum ad perhaps. My hope is to curb these overlength and repetive ads.

We can't do away with recruitment spam, but at least we can try to control it.

Recruiters, I present to you:

*****TNP's Featured Recruiters*****

This honor will be given out once a week to a recruiter who recruits RESPONSIBLY for their region.  They are to:

- Have ads UNDER the 15 line limit.
- Post creative ads, not copy/paste ones that are identical to half of the other regions' ads.
- Post only once a day, as per NS rules.
- Are respectful to the native nations that reside in TNP.

The award comes with a BIG REWARD!  The winning region will have a short ad of their choice scroll across the top of the TNP forum for the WHOLE WEEK!  This is a great way to recruit nations that happen to check out TNP's forum. 

So recruiters, good luck and happy recruiting!

...Ator People, The North Pacific Minister of Communications...

Sent to various recruiters and a similar version was posted in the RMB.

What I'm going to do is let any RV send a nomination via PM to me with the region they represent and a quote of their ad. I'll then keep track of that nation's ads for the week. I'll narrow it down to some choices and then with Erastide we'll choose a winner. Winners will be chosen every Friday. You can't win twice in a row.

I would be much more interested in passing a constitutional ammendment that states the delegate can eject RMB recruiters on sight, but that's just me...

I would be much more interested in passing a constitutional ammendment that states the delegate can eject RMB recruiters on sight, but that's just me...
The problem is, ejecting all recruiters on sight can simply lead to a very antagonistic relationship, where some recruiters take delight in posting the longest messages they can just *because* they've been kicked for what they see as no reason.

They're legally allowed in NS to recruit and post their messages, whether we decide something different or not often makes no difference to them. While I think it would be nice if the delegate were allowed to eject and then immediately unban recruiters on sight for those that are particularly obnoxious or in blatent violation of the rules, a full encouragement to ban all recruiters is a bit much.

Also, the worry about being able to ban natives is already a bit hard to enforce. Goalvie and I kinda showed that, in that if someone is banned and immediately unbanned, quite often people don't notice. And small nations sometimes don't even notice what region they're in. :shifty: :lol:

I don't agree with the argument that since the delegate can already do whatever they want, the language is completely unnecessary. It provides a legitimate reason to declare a delegate rogue, which we hopefully wouldn't have problems with again, but who knows. I'd like to see a modification that delegates may ban recruiters for regions or groups other than those affiliated with The North Pacific, *IF* they have violated the 15 line law repeatedly and been warned several times, or if they've violated NS rules.

'd like to see a modification that delegates may ban recruiters for regions or groups other than those affiliated with The North Pacific, *IF* they have violated the 15 line law repeatedly and been warned several times, or if they've violated NS rules.
Personally, I think with the approval of of the PM the delegate should ban any nation above the 15 line limit if they have been warned once.

Recruiters are smart. They don't need three warnings.

Back