The A&E Council

IndieGirl

TNPer
TNP Nation
IndieGirl
The Arts & Entertainment Council shall exist to foster the arts in The North Pacific. It will understand the Arts as integral to the The North Pacific's objectives, to the cultural vitality of the community, to the Ministry of Arts & Entertainment's role in the region of The North Pacific and to its regional and inter-regional reputation. The Council will work to sustain the general visibility of the Arts and to advocate the Arts within discussions both about The North Pacific's future and about the future of free expression in the greater NS world. The Council shall seek to improve the communication, planning, and collaboration among the individual artists in our community and neighboring communities; to strengthen connections among the regions, the ministries, the Ministry of Arts & Entertainment programs; and to deepen the cultural connections between the Ministry of Arts & Entertainment and the region.

The Arts & Entertainment Council shall consist of appointed members from all areas of the regional community. It will thus provide a unique forum where the Arts can be thought about collectively, both with regard to media and with regard to modes of interaction. It shall provide a forum where logistical questions can be discussed in the context of overarching intellectual ambitions. From this point of view, the Council's aim is to serve as a multifaceted resource: on the one hand, it will respond to inquires and initiatives that come from member nations, visiting nations, other regions, and the NS world; on the other, it will develop and implement initiatives of its own. The Council shall use its budgetary resources to support many different kinds of projects, and it will sustain a record of the effectiveness of its support.

Experiencing the Arts is a fundamental part of knowing ourselves and of understanding those different from ourselves. Not only do individual works of art - a sonata, a sculpture, a play - establish a historical record of human thought, feeling, and imagination; such works also remind us of the stability of certain forms and values in the midst of human mortality and historical change. At their most profound, works of art focus our attention on a specific time and place even as they somehow transport us beyond such specificity. Art does not just give us access to - it also connects us with - other eras and other cultures.

The Council's task will be to enhance this experience within the context of a regional community. The Arts are unquestionably unique among cultural phenomenon. But whether they are the object of observation and study or a subject practically pursued, they merit a central place within a community. They offer an education of the senses and of the mind, refining the way we hear and see to the point of transforming what we see and hear. The practice of art involves a kind of research and analysis that augments any individual's imaginative intelligence beyond the task at hand. Committed as the North Pacific is to regional and inter-regional communities and unity, there are indeed few regions where the arts can and should play such an integral role.

If you would like to join the Arts & Entertainment Council, please PM me with an open application stating your aims and intents for joining, how you could make a difference and offer a unique perspective, and what you would like to accomplish upon your appointment to the council. There are currently 5 council positions open.

Shouldn't they PM me too and then we could collaborate with each other and decide who is right for this together?

Yeeeeaaaaah, but - what will they actually do?
Oh, stuff like planning and organizing contests and events, and help with kind of cataloguing and organizing the current grouping structure for threads and such. As well as discussing, creating, mentoring, and maintaining the guilds...and other stuff. They'll judge contests, and get cool badges, and special passage into the MoA&E clubhouse....

Perks, man. Lots of perks. Free dental, even.

Don't forget the medical!! (Speaking of which, where's mine??)
If you'll just bend over and cough please sir...

_1769506_gloves150.jpg

Hello, everyone. I'm the latest applicant for membership here -- I've sent my application to IndieGirl already. :)

And seriously, lectures aren't a bad idea, if you get somebody to make a thread about a particular topic, with a certain number of question posts allowed ever so often -- it could be a serial-type thing, depending on the breadth of the topic.

Congratulations to our newest A&E Council members, Americanus I, on joining the ranks. Don't forget to stick the badge in your signature! :clap:

Thanks! I'm so proud. . . . . :cry: Very, very glad to be a member of the Council.

I would put the badge in my signature, but I don't know the code.

IG should've sent a PM with the badge in it.

Right click on the image, click properties, and then copy the website of the image and paste it into your signature with [img[][/img] on either side

Until such time that that it becomes necessary, as Minister of Arts and Entertainment and head of the A&E Council, I do hereby disolve the council and it's associated vestages.

Back