Nominations for Associate Judges

Hersfold

TNPer
I'm assuming this pretty much works the same way as Chief Justice, so...

I would suggest Democratic Donkeys as a candidate should he be willing to accept. I haven't actually spoken to him about it, but we are in need of judges and I think he would do a fine job.

I'm assuming this pretty much works the same way as Chief Justice, so...

I would suggest Democratic Donkeys as a candidate should he be willing to accept. I haven't actually spoken to him about it, but we are in need of judges and I think he would do a fine job.
:agree:

I nominate... *looks through list of people* Erastide! I mean, he's not running for UN Delegate so he isn't going to be Delegate any more. And he's done a mighty fine job as Delegate. Plus, DD is Deik's DM.

She.

Allow me also to make sure we're heeding the "check before you nominate" rule. I would love most any of you folks to join me in the Judicial Fortress of Solitude, but it's not all beer and skittles, and we've already gone 5 months short one Justice.

I nominate... *looks through list of people* Erastide! I mean, he's not running for UN Delegate so he isn't going to be Delegate any more. And he's done a mighty fine job as Delegate. Plus, DD is Deik's DM.
As Byard said, she. Eras would be a good choice, again if she were willing to do it. Sounds like DD is out, though.

Before we drag anyone else into this blindfolded, does anyone actually want that job?

ME!!! Ooh! Ooh! Pick me! Please? Pick me! PLEASE!!! I'm asking nicely. Please? Pretty please with lard mized in the middle with a cherry on top with the ingredients of arsenic, liquid nitrogen, and dry ice? Please?

You could just allow the Prime Minister to also be the Chief Justice and have him appoint Associates under him upon taking office. ;)

(And the PM/CJ could become Speaker of the RA, too, just for fun)

One of the reasons the confirmation referendum was intended to be held earlier in the months for nominations was so that the nominations for the Court could take place before people decided whether to run for elected offices.

This time, of course, the delay creates the problem that candidates aren't willing to consider dropping out in order to accept an nomination. It might be necessary at this point to just wait until the election is over.

Otherwise it might look like a nomination is a trade-off during the actual election, and that would also present a problem.

I think there are possible Assoicate Justices among the current crop of candidates, but it makes no sense to even raise the possibility at this point while voting has started and campaigning continues.

Back