Announcements and Orders

As Chief Justice, my term on the Court ends today.

Due to the procrasination of the Executive Branch, the confirmation referendum on my successor as Chief Justice is not yet completed, and will not be completed prior to the expiration of the terms of office of the current Court of The North Pacific. It is equally inexcusable that no effort was made on a timely basis to fill the bench of this Court for the new term of office that begins tomorrow. It is also inexcusable that successive Attorney Generals have failed to honor requests to initiate proceedings to remove a long departed and absent Justice from the bench who was last heard from on the day he took his oath of office.

In order to preserve the right to judicial remedies of the citizens and residents of this region, and to appropriately discharge my responsibility as administrative head of the judicial branch of the government and fulfill my oath of office as Chief Justice, I am invoking Interim Court Rule 801 and appointing, effective with the expiration of the terms of office of the current Justices of the Court, Byardkuria and myself, as interim judicial hearing officers for the Court until such time as the Court has been properly constituted.

Had the exeuctive branch of government acted in a timely manner, this step would have been unnecessary. However, I cannot stand aside and begin my retirement from the Court and at the same time allow the judiciary to be attacked by the nonfeasance and inability to timely function of an executive officer of the government.

Therefore, IT IS ORDERED

that upon the expiration of the terms of office of the current membership of the Court on 31 January 2006, that Byardkuria and Grosseschnauzer are authorized to act in the interim as judicial hearing officers of the Court of The North Pacific for any and all matters that may arise until the actual installation of Justices for the term of Court which begins 1 February 2006.

With this, the August 2005 term of The Court of The North Pacific is adjourned sine die.

Back