Namyeknom for Minister of Culture and Education

Namyeknom

TNPer
Hi all,

I'm not really one for campaign speeches, but I'll do my best...

I think the primary aims of the Minister of Culture and Education are to help new players, inform older ones, and hopefully have a bit of fun along the way.

TNP Wire - Currently I feel The Wire contains great potential, but hasn't had the exposure it requires. I have really enjoyed the satirical nature of its content, and would wish to continue this. I would also like to extend this, to covering regional happenings more often, and attempt to gain more guest articles. I would love to see the Wire achieve a more inter-regional reknown, however I also feel the market for inter-regional reporting is saturated in the NS world (I can think of at least three other news services off the top of my head). Which is why I would like the continue a generally satirical feel to it, to set it apart from the rest of the pack, with an aim of reporting events with an entertaining manner while still bringing up the key issues. With this idea in mind, I would also hope to work with the MoEA with the aim of publishing relevant articles in our embassies, as well as working on synopsis versions of events to post on the RMB.

While this is not my idea, and I would hope any incoming MoCE would run with it now its publically available, I really liked Flems idea of a School of NationStates (here - in the developing the North Pacific as a feeder paragraph). And regardless of whether Flem is successful in becoming PM or not, I would hope he would be willing to work on that. I think it very easy to forget when we're in the middle of arguing on some constitutional fine point, that as a feeder it is part of our responsibility to not only educate, but encourage new players.

I would also like to work on presenting the History of The North Pacific. This region has had a more turbulent history than most, and I think the lesson that could be learnt from it are invaluble. For the first time, I think this region has reached a place where this could be discussed without it leading to mass arguments (although I still suspect their may be some ;)). Whether this would take the form of a definative history, or indeed whether thats even possible, I don't know. To begin with I was thinking of contacting various figures from the time to provide their view point on the events, while also opening thread to allow anyone to post their thoughts, views or feelings about the events of the past. Ideally I would hope to form one thread with an outline of events in, with links pointing the reader to the posts of those involved.

Other than that, I aim to assist the MoIIA/MoC in their attempts to attract new players to the region. While not strictly in the MoCE remit, I think a success in this would not only strengthen the ministries, but the region as a whole.

Any questions, comment or what not, please ask...

I hope thats clear, and makes sense (first time for everything...).

Nam

*looks around... find the room completely devoid of life... writes the following question on a scrap of paper*

One of the major functions of the MoCE, as a sort of precedent set by me, was achival administration. How would you go about this particular task (i.e., what gets moved, organization, etc.)?

As of yet, I don't really have any other questions, other than...

Are you ready for a REALLY BORING job? :lol:

Just a few questions, seeing as this was my former office

• Do you plan to work with other regional news services on the TNP Wire to get some interregional stories? We had Sir Paul working for awhile on it during my term.
  • On the Wire, how often do you plan to write articles, and how many reporters do you plan to recruit? How will you recruit them?
  • The possibility of "Knights of The North Pacific" has been brought up. Seeing as this would probably fall under your catagory if elected, what is your opinion on this and why?
  • How will you go about "educating" new nations to the game about TNP?

My apologies to anyone who has posted questions, and my apologies to everyone for what I am about to do.

Due to unforseen and tragic RL events I have not been around over the past couple of days, nor do I think I shall be around in the coming weeks. Even if I am I feel I would not have the adequate time, or indeed desire to persue a ministerial role.

Therefore I am withdrawing my candidacy for MoCE. I shall be checking in as often as possible until the 7th to make sure there is nothing MoEA related I need to do. After that it could be a while before I return.

My apologise to all affected, and I'm sure who ever steps up to take on the MoCE psition will do a better job than I could...

Nam

Nam, I am sure we all quite understand. There are times when real life comes first.

I hope you will return to us as and when you are able.

Until then, many thanks for all you have done for us, :clap:, and Godspeed.

David.

Sorry to hear that, Nam. I hope what ever it is, everything turns out ok. Make sure to come back - you'll be missed.

Back