Puckton for Minister of Arts and Entertainment

Puckton

TNPer
Hi all! This campaign would've never gotten off the ground if it wasn't for Nam, but it is with the greatest pleasure that I announce my candidacy for Minister of Arts and Entertainment.

While I must admit that DD has done a good job as the current minister, it's my belief that it's time for a fresh face, someone that can be more active and bring some life to many of the boards that have seen life go down the drain. (Especially the games and arts board)

If I am elected to this post, I promise that I will revitalize these dead and forgotten boards and make them the sparkling and bustling areas that these boards deserve to be! So if you want these boards to completely rock and hustle like nobody's business, be sure to vote for me!!! :)

...these dead and forgotten boards...

Huh? They're brand new, Puck, give 'em a break....

What exactly do you intend to do to revitalize the OOC? Other candidates have mentioned similar plans; how will yours be more effective?

While planning to get some new and more inventive topics in the OoC section, my main focus would be to revitalize and addd more flavor to the Gaames and Arts section. That particular board has had hardly any activity (even during the s2 days) and I feel that it shall be my responsibility to try to bring those boards to have some form of respect and try to gain it the popularity it so richly deserves.

I have to admit I was impressed by the version of Deal or No Deal that Puck has successfully "translated" onto our boards.

Standard issue MoAE question -

It seems to me that, for the most part, culture in NS is a nonentity. The axiom that "a lively and vibrant OoC community is integral to the existence of a regional forum" is taken as gospel, yet, when we speak of other regions, we speak in terms of governance and military action - the non-political aspects are very, very rarely even mentioned. In fact, when we moved forums, there was a flurry of activity to back up the works of the government, but we just started over on the OoC. By way of RL comparison, this would be like the French government boxing up all of the Ministry of Fisheries payroll paperwork for 1994, while saying "Sod the Louvre."

Is culture dead? Is there a way to make the non-political contributions of a regions residents as significant as the political? Is there a place for the MoAE in the region's government beyond moderating the OoC?

It is my true belief that culture is not dead. While I will admit we've seen a drop off in activity in OoC, there's still a growing need for it, even though it may not be visibly seen. It is my hope to bring OoC more visibilty and promotion as we move to get the boards up and running more smoothly, as there are still some choppy days ahead.

It's also very possible for the M of A&E to be involved in the political processes of TNP....no matter in what capacity. I've always seen the minister has sort of an outsider because of the total scope of the job. It is also my hope to bring this ministry to be a more pivotal part of TNP in a way that has never been seen before. As a loyal member of TNP for some time, I feel as though I can play a vital role in how this government is run. I just hope to gain your support as I begin this long journey towards this realization.

With the possibility for a forum economy coming soon, how do you feel that this will affect the OOC boards? With the income being (for the moment) largely post-based, do you believe you will have any difficulty in keeping the OOC under control?

With the possibility for a forum economy coming soon, how do you feel that this will affect the OOC boards? With the income being (for the moment) largely post-based, do you believe you will have any difficulty in keeping the OOC under control?

In a sense I feel like it will motivate others to post more frequently...possibly even see some new faces that have hardly ever posted here, post more often. As far as keeping things under control, while I believe I'll be able to keep control over any situations that arise, IMO, I believe that the boards are self regulating in the sense that as long as they use common sense, we won't have any major issues.

So, as a laid back minister, the Minister of A&E is a very irresponsible position in my opinion. Are you for or against spam?

It depends on the content. As long as it contributes to the overall scope of the discussion, I'm for it. I wouldn't really consider anything that's posted that contributes to the topic to be spam at all.

Back