Administrative Notice to all Members

Hersfold

TNPer
To all forum users, particularly Registered Voters and Election Candidates:

During the election season, there are often many different people running for the same position. A popular campaign tactic is to play off the flaws of the opposition in an attempt to discredit them or highlight one's own merits. While this is in no way illegal, there is a point in which this becomes harassment, at which point it violates Invisionfree's Terms of Service.

I would not be making this statement except for the fact that some members of the forum seem to have a slight blindness as to where this point exactly lies. As of yet, noone has been offically warned (i.e., moderated), but if matters continue as they have, warnings will be issued.

It is acceptable to comment on the opponent's shortcomings. It is not acceptable to outright slander a candidate. This applies to all members, not just those running in the elections.

I'm not about to dictate exactly what you should say. I am simply asking all members to please re-read what you are saying and to make sure it does not violate Invisionfree's Terms of Service. I hope that we will be able to get past this election without any further problems. Please do not prove me wrong.

hersfold.jpg
The United Federation of Hersfold
Forum Administrator

Back