The West Pacific!!

Poltsamaa

TNPer
While not wanting to get involved in their internal affairs I have noticed that the situation in TWP has generated some comment from our citizens on this forum!!

As someone who holds regional sovereignty as one of the most important foundations of a region and someone who has the desire to see all feeders as self-determining entities free from meddling from outside regions and groups I think it is worthwhile guaging the attitudes of the members of cabinet with regards to a statement regarding the situation in TWP!!

Personally, I support the new provisional government's published aim to have the government of the region govern for the region and not to please external forces!! Therefore I would be happy to have a statement issued from the government of TNP supporting any moves for the TWP to become self-determining which seems to be the aim of the current provisional government!!

I am interested in hearing others' thoughts!!

Personally, I'd rather we left them to figure it out on their own, not supporting either side. It's two groups of natives, trying to figure out how to coexist.

And, as I said in the other thread... Give it a bit of time. Unlike some of the gov'ts that've happened here, they seem to be going through many changes in a short amount of time. Let's see if they can be semi-stable for a decent period of time before saying, "hey you're great" :lol:

Having kept an eye on The West Pacific for the last couple of months, both as Ambassador and now as MoEA I would agree with Eras. The politics of TWP has been messy to say the least since the WPD, and I would prefer for us to remain openly neutral rather than get dragged into the middle of this.

While I agree with an region attempting to reduce or remove the influence external parties have over their affairs, the method with which the WPT have attempted this has tainted the overall aims. I think many people within TWP view this as no better, or perhaps worse than the actions of the WPD.

Also, I would say the TWP don't need another foreign region/organisation jumping on one side of the fence or the other. This is exactly what they've been trying to get out of, yet already their are rumours of the PRP moving people into the government and wild speculation about where the ADN is going to jump to.

An official statement does not need to support either side, it can support an ideal, such as self-determination!!

Obviously, I support the new government. But I do have to admit that Eras and Nam have a point. From the TNP Cabinet member perspective (as opposed to the guy that just revived and moved a puppet into TWP), I'd agree that we probably should wait at least a week or two (although we only have two weeks left in our term) to see what happens, and whether or not they can hold it together.

Don't be too quick to recognize any new and potentially revolutionary government.

R

Ok, thats long enough to guage opinion, the following is a draft statement ont he issue, it will be posted in 48 hours so post your suggested alterations/omissions before then!!

The Government of The North Pacific consider the recent events in The West Pacific as an internal matter best handled by the government and citizens of The West Pacific.

The Government of The North Pacific therefore does not offer its support nor condemnation to either faction in this internal matter.

This stance may be reviewed should further information come to hand or should actions by either faction affect the region of The North Pacific.

Back