Consulate of Government

Thank you again. My apologies for the inconvenience. Please know that this is not intended in any ill will against your region - we've sent similar messages to plenty of others, and even have a standing ban order for one recruiter.

After looking into the matter a bit more, it seems I made a bit of a mistake. I have apologized to the recuiter in question, your founder, and have made sure that the previous two violations were stricken from the record.

Update:

Our Congress elections have just ended.
The new Congress members are:
~President Dave
~Giants10
~Actavision
~Maxaroni
~San Timetheos

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---Lotsa Touchy
-Cabinet:
---Vice President: Naleloospalakintula
---Foreign Affairs Minister: Sajlamot
---Secretary of Defense: God Bless the USA
---Secretary of State: San Timetheos
---Director of the CIA: President Dave
---Minister of Internal Affairs: Maxaroni
---Press Secretary: President Dave
---Secretary of Fun and Games: Zeeky_Bomb
-Congress:
---President Dave
---San Timetheos
---Giants10
---Maxaroni
---Actavision
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

III. Recent/Upcoming Events
-We all ready have eight candidates for Congress Elections, but only five will become Congressmen. Votes will be send to Chief Justice Ottamarx.
---CANDIDATES
----President Dave
----Naleloospalakintula
----San Timetheos
----Maxaroni
----Konanzia
----Actavision
----Sajlamot
----Giants10
-Illuminati, one of our colonies, is attempting to become an ally instead of a colony. This will be put before Congress soon.
-A recent report by our Secretary of State, San Timetheos, reads as follows:
Dear Government,

It is always important to strive for the best and to do one’s utmost to achieve it. That is why we as a region set goals for ourselves and strive to achieve them for the furtherence of the region. At the beginning of President Lotsa Touchy’s administration the following goals were set:

Internal Affairs:
- 150 Nations Uncomplete
- 50 UN Nations Uncomplete

Population levels have dropped slightly in the region and are standing currently at 104 nations in the region.
The number of UN Nations in Government is less than fifty percent of the target set, however the army is currently deployed on mission.

Foreign Affairs:
- 5 Embassies Open 4/5
- 2 Military Alliances Created 1/2

We have made good progress in this area and only require one more Embassy and one Military alliance to complete these goals.

United Nations:
- Propose 1 NEW Resolution Uncomplete

My personal responsibility, the resolution is written and is to be posted on the forum soon to be discuss and modified. A few recent moral repeals make the repeal of Definition of Marriage likely.

Military:
- Take part in 5 Defense Missions Complete
- Take part in 2 Practice Missions

Our troops have complete 5 defence missions in Alaska, Brotherhood, Awful Circle, Global Right Alliance and Maine. Practice Missions have been done and executed

Government:
- Finalize the Constitution Completed
- Create template Foreign Affairs Treaty
- Create Colony Treaty
- Create Merge Treaty

To my knowledge none of the above have been completed, however if anyone wish update me on any of the former statistics, please message me immediately.

It is my opinion that, if these goals are to be achieved then we must step up our efforts and focus on a specific areas of responsibilities, inlcuding myself.

IV. Recent Congressional Debates.
-
Recruiting Care Package:
Article I: In an effort to boost recruting I think that we should give all recruitors 20 posts for every 10 Nations that they get to join
Article II: Recruitors can choose an alreay made message or make their own
Closing statement: I think this will help boost recruiting and raise our population which seems to be a major goal. The number of posts nations can be changed. All suggestions are welcome. Also Thank you to Maxaroni for helping me make this.
-
New Section-Debates
Article I: A new section will created entitled, Government debates
Article II: This would be used for debating issues going on in and only in Government
Article III: This section is almost the same as political debates
Concluding statements: I urge all member s of congress to vote "yes" on this, as this would be a chnace for the people of government to speak out. Thank you for your time.

V. Popular Threads.
-Count Back From a 1000
-Story
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Who Do You Think Will Post Next?
-Word Association

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---Lotsa Touchy
-Cabinet:
-Congress:
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Maxaroni
---Konanzia
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Congress elections are over. Here are the new congress members and voting results:
---Maxaroni - 13
---Konanzia - 10
---San Timetheos - 10
---Naleloospalakintula - 8
---Sajlamot - 8
-The upgrade of Illuminati from colony to ally has been put up for debating in congress.

-
Recruitment
Description: A bill to help the region grow.
Article One: All members of Congress, the Chief Justice, and the President must all recruit one nation to the region after being elected.
Article Two: After they recruit someone, the person they recruited must post on the forum, varifying that they were recruited by the Congressman, President, or Chief Justice.
Article Three: Should the Congressman, President, or Chief Justice not recruit someone, they will not be allowed to run for that position again.
Closing Statement: Please debate this and vote on it however you think is best. Thank you.
---This bill has been put up for a people's vote.
---This Debate
-
Illuminati Alliance
Description:
(Roma Qochasiva (February 7 5:58 PM))
I am wondering if Illuminati can be elevated from Colony to Ally? Given this, many things would change for illuminati, my participation here, etc, however the simple creation of a new nation can insure my activity here while Illuminati becomes ally.
Article One: As Foreign Affairs Minister, I hereby request that Roma Qochasiva's request be met and that Illuminati become an ally with Government rather then a Colony.
Closing Statement: I hope you will all vote favorably on this, as I believe it is a good idea. Please debate before you decide, however. Make the decision you fell is right for the regions. Thank you.
---This Debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Government's Trivia Challenge
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Lotsa Touchy
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Maxaroni
---Konanzia
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Presidential Elections are coming up soon. The candidates are:
---Dugon
---Maxaroni
---This is found here.
-Government is celebrating its 6th month of existence. (Here)
-Maxaroni is resigning from congress in order to run for president. (Here)

-
Recruitment
Description: A bill to help the region grow.
Article One: All members of Congress, the Chief Justice, and the President must all recruit one nation to the region after being elected.
Article Two: After they recruit someone, the person they recruited must post on the forum, varifying that they were recruited by the Congressman, President, or Chief Justice.
Article Three: Should the Congressman, President, or Chief Justice not recruit someone, they will not be allowed to run for that position again.
Closing Statement: Please debate this and vote on it however you think is best. Thank you.
---This bill has been put up for a people's vote.
---This Debate
-
Illuminati Alliance
Description:
I am wondering if Illuminati can be elevated from Colony to Ally? Given this, many things would change for illuminati, my participation here, etc, however the simple creation of a new nation can insure my activity here while Illuminati becomes ally.
Article One: As Foreign Affairs Minister, I hereby request that Roma Qochasiva's request be met and that Illuminati become an ally with Government rather then a Colony.
Closing Statement: I hope you will all vote favorably on this, as I believe it is a good idea. Please debate before you decide, however. Make the decision you fell is right for the regions. Thank you.
---This Debate
-
Terms of Office
Description: A bill to make terms of office longer.
Article One: At the moment, both the terms of Congressmen and the term of the Chief Justice are only one month long. I propose that we make these each longer. I ask this because I believe that at the moment, the people in these positions do not have enough time to get settled in office and actually have a chance to do things for the region.
Article Two: I propose that the term of the Chief Justice shall be extended to 3 months, the terms of Congressmen be extended to two months, and that the term of the president shall remain at two months.
Closing Statement: I hope that you all vote for this, as I believe it will really help our region by giving people a chance to make a difference.
---This Debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Lotsa Touchy
-Cabinet(Here):
---Minister of Internal Affairs: Lotsa Touchy
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Presidential Elections are coming up soon. The candidates are:
---Dugon
---Maxaroni
---This is found here.
-The people’s vote has decided against the Recruitment Bill.
-The Terms of Office Bill has been passed.

-
Illuminati Alliance
Description:
---This Debate
-
Deadline Bill.
I don't know the bill layout thing, so please excuse me.
As I said in my election speech thingamajigy, I feel there needs to be a deadline on Congress voting.
The problem with how long it takes Congress to vote on a proposal. Simple solution. Give a deadline, say like 5 days. If a Congress member has not voted and has not given a reason in advance, then the Congress member will be warned.
The warning system would work like so:
If a congress member has not voted on one proposal within the deadline, then they will be warned and have 5 days to respond to the warning (therefore it will have gone 10 days, enough time). If no response has been made, then the matter will be taken before our CJ or fellow Congress members and they will decide what's going to happen. Impeachment would definately be something on the minds though.
Of course, if an excuse has been said before not voting on a proposal, then there's no worries.
It does sound harsh if your computer buggered up for 10 days and you couldn't get on, but inactivity is a fear here.
---This Debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
---Vice President: President Dave
---Secretary of Defense: Konanzia
---Secretary of State: God Bless the USA
---Director of the CIA: Dugon
---Press Secretary: President Dave/Giants10
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-The Soccer and Volleyball tournaments are coming up soon.
-Government’s First Treasure Hunt has been started here.

-
Ambassador Moderation

Description: A bill giving ambassadors moderation powers over their embassies.

Article One: The LoSR and the EoE give the ambassadors to their region mod powers over the section of the forum used for that ambassador's embassy. Some other regions do this as well. I think that we should do this, too.

Article Two: If we do this, the ambassadors will be able to do what is nessecary to keep their embassy organized however they like. This will make them feel more at home and will allow them to do their job better.

Closing Statement: I believe this is a good idea, and I hope you all agree. However, please vote whichever way you feel is best for the region. Thank you.
---This Debate
-
Recruiting Care Package
Author: Giants10
Revised: San Timetheos

Recruiting Care Package:

Article I: In an effort to boost recruting I think that we should give all recruitors 20 posts for every 10 citizens nations that join our region and our forum.

Article II: Recruitors can choose an already made message or make their own.

Article III: It shall be the responsibility of the Internal Affairs Secretary to keep track of new citizens and the recruiter they were recruited by. They should then report to admin when a member is due for a post bonus.

Closing statement: I think this will help boost recruiting and raise our population and activity which will benefit the region as a whole.
---This Debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-The Soccer and Volleyball tournaments are coming up soon.
-Government’s First Treasure Hunt has been started here.

-
Recruiting Care Package
Author: Giants10
Revised: San Timetheos

Recruiting Care Package:

Article I: In an effort to boost recruting I think that we should give all recruitors 20 posts for every 10 citizens nations that join our region and our forum.

Article II: Recruitors can choose an already made message or make their own.

Article III: It shall be the responsibility of the Internal Affairs Secretary to keep track of new citizens and the recruiter they were recruited by. They should then report to admin when a member is due for a post bonus.

Closing statement: I think this will help boost recruiting and raise our population and activity which will benefit the region as a whole.
---This Debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-The Volleyball tournament is underway, with the Cadian Shockers and G10 Knights playing in the finals.

-
Immigration Act
Introduction: An act to increase the number of active members and nations in Government.
Article 1: There will be a new and seperate portion of Government devoted solely to Immigration. A new position will be created, the Secretary of Immigration, and this person will lead the Immigration Team. The Immigration Team will consist of four other members, so there are five total people, one to cover each Pacific region. The Secretary of Immigration will be an appointed position by the President, who will in turn appoint the four members of the Immigration Team below him/her. There are no restrictions on who may be on the Immigration Team, and anyone can be the Secretary of Immigration, other than the President him/herself.
Article 2: The Immigration Letter will be written by the first appointed Secretary of Immigration and will be the ONLY letter in use, and will have to be approved by Congress. Each new Secretary of Immigration may change the Immigration Letter if they wish, with any editing being approved by Congress.
Conclusion: This act if approved will work to increase regional activity and the number of nations.
---This debate
-
Repeal: Constitutional Amendment #4
Description: The forementioned article should be struck null and void.
Article 1: So far this amendment has not been put into force. This clearly shows us that we do not have the activity nor the use for such a body.
Article 2: Any investigation can be undertaken by the CIA, there is no need for this law.
Conclusion: I urge Congress to allow this to pass to it's propoer place. The trash can.
---This debate
-
Elections Bill
Opening Statement: This bill should give more people the chance to hold a position in our government.
Article I: If a person is either elected as a Congressperson, the Chief Justice or the President he can not resign in order to run for something else.
Article II: If a person does resign from any of these positions they can not run for any other office until the term that they would have been serving is up.
Closing Statement: Hopefully this will out an end to people who run just to say that they got elected and let people who really want the position get elected.
---This debate

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Chief Justice elections begin the 25th.

-
Elections Bill
Opening Statement: This bill should give more people the chance to hold a position in our government.
Article I: If a person is either elected as a Congressperson, the Chief Justice or the President he can not resign in order to run for something else.
Article II: If a person does resign from any of these positions they can not run for any other office until the term that they would have been serving is up.
Closing Statement: Hopefully this will out an end to people who run just to say that they got elected and let people who really want the position get elected.
---This debate
-
Definition of Cabinet
Description A resolution to define the President's cabinet and to distribute the workload equally.
Article One: From the passing of this bill, all cabinets must reflect this legislation.
Article Two: The Executive Branch will consist of the following departments:
Home Office
Foreign Office
Article Three: The departments will contain the following positions to be appointed by the President.
First Minister (2 terms)
- Is Speaker of the House
- Maintains order in the Chambers.
- Is Vice President
- Advises President on almost everything.
Home Office
-Minister of Immigration - solely in charge of recruiting.
-Minister of Internal Affairs - Charged with the running and expansion of the colonies.
Foreign Office
- Minister of Foreign Affairs - Responsible for embassies and alliances.
- Minister of Defence - General of the Army.
- Director of the CIA - you know what
Article Four: The cabinet will therefore consist of the following:
- President
- First Minister
- Minister of Immigration
- Minister of Internal Affairs
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Minister of Defence
- Director of the CIA
Conclusion: I urge Congress to insert some clarity into our region, some oil to the machine and allow our egion to run smoothly.
---This debate.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

Sorry it's late this week....

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Chief Justice elections begin the 25th.

-
Definition of Cabinet 1.1
Description: A resolution to define the President's cabinet and to distribute the workload equally.
Article One: From the passing of this bill, all cabinets must reflect this legislation.
Article Two: The Executive Branch will consist of the following departments:
Home Office
Foreign Office
Article Three: The departments will contain the following positions to be appointed by the President.
First Minister
- Is Speaker of the House (but does not get a vote)
- Maintains order in the Chambers.
- Is Vice President
- Advises President on almost everything.
- Ensures the smooth running of the region.
Home Office
-Minister of ImmigrationRecruitment - solely in charge of recruiting.
-Minister of Internal Affairs - Charged with the running and expansion of the colonies.
Minister of Press and Media
Foreign Office
- Minister of Foreign Affairs - Responsible for embassies and alliances.
- Minister of Defence - General of the Army.
- Director of the CIA - you know what
Article Four: The cabinet will therefore consist of the following:
- President
- First Minister
- Minister of Recruitment
- Minister of Internal Affairs
- Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Minister of Defence
- Director of the CIA
Conclusion: I urge Congress to insert some clarity into our region, some oil to the machine and allow our egion to run smoothly.
---This debate can be found here.
-
CIA Regulations
Introduction: Whereas the government of the region works for the members, and never vice versa, and, whereas a secret cabal of special operatives is inimical to a free society, there must be congressional oversight of the CIA.
Article I:
1. An Intelligence Committee of no less than three people shall be appointed to receive weekly reports on any and all CIA missions that have occurred. At minimum, these reports must include what the mission was, why it took place, when it occurred, and who participated.
2. To assure the accuracy of these reports, one of the committe members will be given the password to all CIA threads.
3. The three members of the committee shall be chosen by Congress, and must fit the following requirements: they must be citizens of the region of Government; they must not be President, Vice President or a member of the Cabinet of this region; they must not be a current or fomer member of the CIA; they must take a vow of secrecy in regards to CIA matters, except when such matters affect the security or freedom of the region.
Article II:
1. If the CIA fails to make its report to the Intelligence Committee more than twice in a two month period, the CIA shall be dissolved, and its operations suspended until Congressional oversight can restructure the CIA.
Conclusion: This bill should make it so that the CIA stays within acceptable parameters with Congressional oversight.
-
The Rubber Stamp Act 1.1
Laws in Government are currently proposed and voted for immediately, leaving no time for debating and logical thinking. The Rubber Stamp Act will endeavour to reduce the bureaucracy passed through the region's congress.
It will also allow Nations in different time zones to have input, whereas formally laws have been passed while they were sleeping...
Article 1: This act will effectively divide the legislative process in two. Two chambers will be created in the current branch. The Debating Chamber and The Voting Chamber.
Article 2: All proposals will be proposed as per usual in The Debating Chamber where they may be discussed by any registered Government Nation. During this time, those backing and opposing the bill will put forward their seperate cases.
Article 3: After a minimum time limit of three days the proposing Congressperson will post a thread in The Voting Chamber where Congress will state whether they are FOR or AGAINST the proposal.
Article 4: The proposal will then become laws and be moved to the Government Archives.
Closing Statement: By enacting The Rubber Stamp Act it is hoped that by promoting dabte and logical thinking, the amount of bureaucracy and unecessary, time consuming proposals passed by Congress, meaning those who have the power to influence the region can make a mature decision for what is best for the region.
The amendment is that passed proposals must no longer be approved by the Chief justice or President.
Please note is the proposing Congressman who proposed the bill who must put it to voting, no-one else.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

*pops by the Government consulate, to steal the minibar*

Hello to everyone in the Government. :hello:

Hows things going over there? You seem to have some juicy legislation debates on going at the moment...

*reminds self to swing by the GOvernment forums at some point*

Hey Nam! Thanks for droppin by! We're doing fine. Just a bit of arguing here and there...

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President (Here):
---Maxaroni
-Cabinet(Here):
-Congress(Here):
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Naleloospalakintula
---Konanzia
---Jakius Caesar
-Chief Justice:
---Ottamarx

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators(Here):
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---Maxaroni
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula
---President Dave

-Chief Justice elections have begun.
-Congress elections are coming up soon.

-
CIA Regulations
Introduction: Whereas the government of the region works for the members, and never vice versa, and, whereas a secret cabal of special operatives is inimical to a free society, there must be congressional oversight of the CIA.
Article I:
1. An Intelligence Committee of no less than three people shall be appointed to receive weekly reports on any and all CIA missions that have occurred. At minimum, these reports must include what the mission was, why it took place, when it occurred, and who participated.
2. To assure the accuracy of these reports, one of the committe members will be given the password to all CIA threads.
3. The three members of the committee shall be chosen by Congress, and must fit the following requirements: they must be citizens of the region of Government; they must not be President, Vice President or a member of the Cabinet of this region; they must not be a current or fomer member of the CIA; they must take a vow of secrecy in regards to CIA matters, except when such matters affect the security or freedom of the region.
Article II:
1. If the CIA fails to make its report to the Intelligence Committee more than twice in a two month period, the CIA shall be dissolved, and its operations suspended until Congressional oversight can restructure the CIA.
Conclusion: This bill should make it so that the CIA stays within acceptable parameters with Congressional oversight.
-
TYW Alliance
Opening Statement: This is a bill to accept terms for an alliance with The YoungWorld and to then activate the alliance. TYW has already unanimously voted "for" the alliance, so once this is passed, the alliance will be created.
Article One: Here are the terms (They are open to revising):
-Both regions will pledge their forces to any incidents for which the other region requires their help, and should expect the same in return. However, such actions should be discussed by both governing bodies before such military support is given, and both parties should have the right to refuse to give military support if that action is deemed illegal or imorral.
-Information vital to military success should be shared between both regions of this alliance, including usefull NS information, and particularly information regarding regions that are considered a threat, or are likely to cause problems.
-The YoungWorld offers forum membership to all Government members, providing they follow the rules of the forum. In return, Government offers forum membership to all members of The YoungWorld , providing they follow the rules of the forum.
-The alliance between Government and The YoungWorld shall have no effect on the situations of other regions allied to Government and/or The YoungWorld.
-Government shall not expect any form of military support from other regions allied to The YoungWorld, nor shall they have to provide military support to other regions allied to The YoungWorld.
-The YoungWorld shall not expect any form of military support from other regions allied to Government, nor shall they have to provide military support to other regions allied to Government.
Article Two: Once passed, this bill will officialy begin Government's alliance with The YoungWorld.
Closing Statement: I hope you all consider this offer and vote for it the way you feel is best for Government. I believe this will be a great step forward in Governmnet's Foreign Affairs.
-
Alliance Levels Bill
Description: This is a bill to define the different levels of alliances Government has with other regions.
Article One: These are the levels:
Level 1: Open Embassy - What we have with most places now.
Level 2: Non Agression Pact - Alliance where we agree to never attack eachother. This is reached when the two ambassadors from the other region to Government and from Government to the other region have, together, made a total of 500 posts, and the relationship has been running smoothly for 2 months. Also, both sides must have posted at least 5 updates in the other side's forum.
Level 3: Diplomatic Alliance - Alliance where we agree to never attack eachother and to help eachother in non-military times of need. This is reached when the two ambassadors from the other region to Government and from Government to the other region have, together, made a total of 1000 posts, and the relationship has been running smoothly for 2 months. Also, both sides must have posted at least 5 updates in the other side's forum.
Level 4: Military Alliance - Alliance where we agree to never attack eachother and to help eachother in military and non-military times of need. I believe this is what we have with Imperialis. This is reached when the two ambassadors from the other region to Government and from Government to the other region have, together, made a total of 2000 posts, and the relationship has been running smoothly for 2 months. Also, both sides must have posted at least 5 updates in the other side's forum.
Level 5: Merge - The two regions become one. (Like TitanAE.) This is reached when the two regions agree to do this.
Article 2: All foreign relations involving Government shall from now on be organized in this way, as long as the other region involved agrees. If the other region does not agree, the relation shall cease to progress and may be terminated.
Closing Statement: I hope you all discuss this and vote accordingly. I believe this bill will be a great step forward in our foreign relations if it is passed. Thank you.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---Dugon
-Foreign Affairs Minister:
---Sajlamot
-Internal Affairs Minister:
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Government has recently gone through a government overhaul. All political parties were re-started according to NS issues. Also, the government has shrunken to 4 positions which are to be elected monthly.
-After a series of events leading to the creation of a region outside of Government control and recruitment for it inside Government, 4 members have been banned. One will stay perminately banned, and the other 3 will come back in around a month.

-Congress no longer exists, but the following was proposed for a people's vote:
---
Reformation Bill
The confusion of the lack of Government and elected representation will cease if this bill shall be passed.
The layout of the Executive Branch:
The President will be the supreme ruler of the region Government. The President may be impeached with a 3/4 Senatorial Approval and/or a complete Judical approval. If the President commits any form of crime, he will be impeached and forced into exile.
~The layout of the Presidential Cabniet:
PRESIDENT
VICE PRESIDENT
SECRETARY OF STATE/INTERNAL AFFAIRS
SECRETARY OF INTELLIGENCE/MILITARY OPERATIONS/DEFENSE
SECRETARY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
SECRETARY OF PRESS AND ACTIVITY
The layout of the Legistlative Branch:
The Legistlative Branch shall consist of only four elected officials. These officials must be elected every month. The Senate will approve or disapprove the chosing of a Cabniet Member (see above).
SENATOR
SENATOR
SENATOR
SENATOR
The layout of the Judicial Branch:
The Judical Branch shall consist of two Judges, who have the power to veto or approve Legistlative Bills. The judges will have to make sure that the President's actions are legal, constitutional, and/or fair. The President may get only 2 "strikes".
JUDGE
JUDGE

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Story
-Cybernations
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---Dugon
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia

II. Our Leaders
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Elections for President, MoFA, MoIA, and MoD are scheduled for 5/20/06.

---
BILL
Seeing that the official lawmaking structure has been demolished by GBUSA and Ottamarx, I have no other place to put this bill. This is what Government's government structure SHOULD look like.
PRESIDENT
CABNIET (Four: Vice President, Internal Affairs, Foreign Affairs, Defense & Intelligence)
SENATE (Three Senators)
In the end, there will only be eight Government Officials, which in my opinion is the perfect amount.
Government is called Government for a reason; we should have a medium sized Government structure. There are about, say 25 total active users, who actually reside in Government. Out of these 25 active residents, eight of them will have a job. This seems fair. We could even have elections for Cabniet Positions as well.
Also, I do believe that occupations like the Press Secretary should actually be just jobs, not positions. I mean, we could have a Press Office. Is the New York Times part of the US Government? No. Should the Government Press be part of the Government Government? No. We could have hired Lawyers, that will not be part of the Government. Do you understand?
If we have just three to four positions, then you have destroyed the thrill of elections. Most people, including myself, are only here to participate in a Government.
Please feel free to submit suggestions and corrections, but all non-related posts shall be deleted, and you will be reported to the administrators.
I do hope that this bill gets passed; if it doesn't, I do not know what I will do.
---[http://forum.odds-n-ends.org/index.php?showtopic=2056]This debate can be found here.[/URL]

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

You are quite welcome. Thank you for looking them over. (Or at least skimming them. :lol:)

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---Dugon
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Elections for President, MoFA, MoIA, and MoD are scheduled for 5/20/06.

---
Here are the terms of the alliance between Government and The Concosian Union:
-Both regions will pledge their forces to any incidents for which the other region requires their help, and should expect the same in return. However, such actions should be discussed by both governing bodies before such military support is given, and both parties should have the right to refuse to give military support if that action is deemed illegal or imorral.
-Information vital to military success should be shared between both regions of this alliance, including useful NS information, and particularly information regarding regions that are considered a threat, or are likely to cause problems.
-The Concosian Union offers forum membership to all Government members, providing they follow the rules of the forum. In return, Government offers forum membership to all members of The Concosian Union, providing they follow the rules of the forum.
-The alliance between Government and The Concosian Union shall have no effect on the situations of other regions allied to Government and/or The Concosian Union.
-Alliances between the Concosian Union and other regions shall have no affect on Government.
-Alliances between Government and other regions shall have no affect on The Concosian Union.
Please vote FOR or AGAINST on this. Thank you.
Voting ends the 18th.
I'm obviously FOR.
---Click here to see this bill.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Elections are over. San Timetheos is now president, but the other positions did not change.

-A Second Consitution has been proposed, but is at the moment only being revised.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-The Government Ally Convention will begin soon.

-A Second Consitution has been proposed, and is at the moment being voted on..

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---None yet.

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-The Government Ally Convention has begun.
-The second constitution was passed.
-Congress elections will be held soon.

-The second constitution has been passed.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Lottery
-Question Game
-Word Association
-Yay Or Nay? Game

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
---Sajlamot
---Lotsa Touchy
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---None yet.

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
---North Syrupiat
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-The Government Ally Convention is now over.
-Congress elections will be held soon.

-An official pardon for the nations of President Dave, Actavision, Rangers82, and Giants10 has been proposed by the president and is being voted on by the president, founder, and defense minister.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
---Sajlamot
---??
-Home Secretary:
---??
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---??

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Congress elections were held, but due to some confusion as to who was running and how many votes people could cast, the vote is being retaken.
-Elections for Internal Affairs Minister are also occuring due to the former Minister stepping down.

-
LKE Embassy
Opening Statement: The LKE wishes to start an alliance or embassy relationship with us. I wish to have an embassy started for them, and afterwords discuss alliance terms.
Article I: Government will start an embassy for LKE within the Government Forums.
Article II: LKE will start an embassy for Government within the LKE forums.
Article III: Both regions will send ambassadors to the other region.
Closing Statement: For more information, click here.
-
Opening Statement:This bill will give congress modship powers over the legislative branch and the archives to allow bills to be pased and stored without admins needed.
Article One:Congress has Modship powers over the legislative branch and the archives
Closing Statement:Please Vote the way you feel you should

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

Just to let you know, I'm leaving today on vacation and won't be near a computer much until August. Therefore, you may not recieve many updates for a while.

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
---Sajlamot
---??
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---Lors
---Alomran
---Ottamarx

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-Upcoming events are being organised.

-
what I suggest is merging government with another active region like doode
merging everyone into doode.
You may think, yeah. they are trouble makers but they are able to get more nations than we currently have and the forum is active
-
Opening Statement:This bill will give congress modship powers over the legislative branch and the archives to allow bills to be pased and stored without admins needed.
Article One:Congress has Modship powers over the legislative branch and the archives

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

It means we currently have no IA Minister. Our region is very slow at the moment....
Sorry for the confusion.

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
---Sajlamot
---??
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---Lors
---Alomran
---Ottamarx

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-
You may think, yeah. they are trouble makers but they are able to get more nations than we currently have and the forum is active
-

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
---Sajlamot
---Lors
-Defense Minister:
---Konanzia
-Congress:
---Lors
---Alomran
---Ottamarx

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy
---Naleloospalakintula

-

-
TRIAL BILL

Government has a past about not treating some of her citizens fairly. So here is a bill to make sure that the people get some rights, banned or not.

Article One: The time-line of a court case will be the following:

1.) Citizen reports issue to [about other member(s)] Lawyer.
2.) Lawyer gathers evidence with citizen to present in Court.
3.) On a certain date, there would be a court session.
4.) The citizen would state the problem and what the other member(s) did.
5.) The Judge (President) would hear both sides of the case and then the Jury (Elected Congress) would have a vote on it.
6.) There would be no permanant bans. The maximum would be 75 days.
7.) If/when the citizen's report is false due to either a misunderstanding or the evidence is not present, then the session would be immediatley ended.
8.) If/when the citizen made the report to either harm the reputation of the person or make the person look like an "idiot", then that person would have to have a moderator/admin approve his/her posts for a total of 7 days. If it is more serious, 14 days. 

Article Two: If the cause of the case is discrimination of religion, sex, race, and/or etc, then, with evidence evident, the person who discriminated would be banned for 50 days without a trial.

Article Three: The Judge (President) cannot announce a sentence until he has recieved a vote from the Jury Members via PM. He/she would not say which nation voted for what, only the results.

Article Four: In the Trial thread, only the Jury, Judge, prosecutor, and defendant. If necessary and approval by a 2/3 vote of the Jury before the trial, the defendant and prosecutor may hire a Lawyer.

Article Five: Lawyers would be citizens who hold no Government position and must have been a citizen for over 30 days. Lawyers would be hired by the defendant and prosecutor, who would then either try to defend or prosecute the defendant.

Article Six: If the matter is of spamming in serious or non-spam threads, then the defendant would be required to have his/her posts approved by a Moderator for one week.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
-Home Secretary:
---None at the Moment
---Sajlamot
---None at the Moment
-Defense Minister:
---None at the Moment
-Congress:
---Vacant
---Alomran
---Vacant

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy

-
TRIAL BILL
Government has a past about not treating some of her citizens fairly. So here is a bill to make sure that the people get some rights, banned or not.
Article One: The time-line of a court case will be the following:

1.) Citizen reports issue to [about other member(s)] Lawyer.
2.) Lawyer gathers evidence with citizen to present in Court.
3.) On a certain date, there would be a court session.
4.) The citizen would state the problem and what the other member(s) did.
5.) The Judge (President) would hear both sides of the case and then the Jury (Elected Congress) would have a vote on it.
6.) There would be no permanant bans. The maximum would be 75 days.
7.) If/when the citizen's report is false due to either a misunderstanding or the evidence is not present, then the session would be immediatley ended.
8.) If/when the citizen made the report to either harm the reputation of the person or make the person look like an "idiot", then that person would have to have a moderator/admin approve his/her posts for a total of 7 days. If it is more serious, 14 days.
Article Two: If the cause of the case is discrimination of religion, sex, race, and/or etc, then, with evidence evident, the person who discriminated would be banned for 50 days without a trial.
Article Three: The Judge (President) cannot announce a sentence until he has recieved a vote from the Jury Members via PM. He/she would not say which nation voted for what, only the results.
Article Four: In the Trial thread, only the Jury, Judge, prosecutor, and defendant. If necessary and approval by a 2/3 vote of the Jury before the trial, the defendant and prosecutor may hire a Lawyer.
Article Five: Lawyers would be citizens who hold no Government position and must have been a citizen for over 30 days. Lawyers would be hired by the defendant and prosecutor, who would then either try to defend or prosecute the defendant.
Article Six: If the matter is of spamming in serious or non-spam threads, then the defendant would be required to have his/her posts approved by a Moderator for one week.

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

GOVERNMENT UPDATES

I. Our Government
-President:
---San Timetheos
-First Minister:
---New Thyme
-Home Secretary:
---None at the Moment
---Sajlamot
---None at the Moment
-Defense Minister:
---None at the Moment
-Congress:
---Vacant
---Alomran
---Vacant

II. Our Administration
-Founder:
---God Bless the USA
-Administrators:
---God Bless the USA
---Sajlamot
---San Timetheos
-Moderators:
---Lotsa Touchy

-Elections will be on the 8th of August because the July elections were not held due to inactivity.

-
I would like to recommend a law that if an embassy is not posted in by the ally or foregin region in 1 month (30 days) the embassy is closed. This does not have to terminate the friendship, but if we have ambassadors working hard to keep up foregin relations and the other region can not return the favor, then I say we kill the embassy

V. Popular OOC Threads.
-Word Association

I would like to inform you that your embassy with Government on Government's forums has not been posted in within the last month. A bill is currently being debated which says that any embassies not active in a month-long period will be terminated. This bill may be changed to say a two month-long period, but it is not guaranteed that it will be changed. Therefore, if you do not wish your embassy to be terminated, please make at least one post in your embassy every month.

Thank you,
Sajlamot - Foreign Affairs Minister of Government.

We have had a breakdown in our Externals Affairs(Namyeknom missing, alimbar resigned) and it's apparently not resolved thus far(Digitalis also missing as of yet). If you could wait for elections to finish then I'm sure you'll get your formal update soon. :)

I am extremely sorry for the lack of updates recently (and in some cases for a long time) in many of Government's Embassies with other regions. We have been having problems with rebellious members, inactivity due to the summer, and arguments between people who nomrally get along. This has all led to a very steep decline in the number of nations in our region, and many of the nations that have died or left were nations acting as ambassadors to other regions. Because only around 5 people were checking consistently checking our forums, and all were already ambassadors and not willing to take on more ambassadorial positions, I could not replace inactive ambassadors with more active ones. Our activity started to go up a little more about a week or two ago, and so I was going to begin replacing ambassadors. Unfortunately, our forum's domain name expired on July 31st. Apparently our founder (who is the one that moved us to the domain) has not yet renewed it. Due to this, I have not been able to create updates or assign new ambassadors to regions. I have just been able to get back on the forum, which is no longer using the domain name. Once again, I sincerely apologize for the inactivity. I will try to get some of the Foreign Affairs stuff back up and running as soon as possible.
Regards,
Sajlamot - FA Minister of Government

Back