-
-
Pronouns
she/her
TNP Nation
Former English Colony
Discord
Erastide
As delegate, I've gotten several TGs asking me to approve proposals. My first instinct is simply to approve them if they seem competently written. But instead of that, I thought I would ask people's opinions. :p

Drugs Trafficking Act
Needs Approval by Wed Dec 21 2005

Chemical Weaponry Ban
Needs Approval by Thu Dec 22 2005

If there are any glaring problems with these, let me know. Otherwise, I'll approve them.

Drug Trafficking Act, International Security (Mild), by Enn and Rehochipe:

Looks good. I personally would have put it under "Recreational Drugs (Ban)", but if the mods let it through, I've got no problems with it. :thumbsup:

Chemical Weaponry Ban, Global Disarmament (Significant), by Sheknu:

Unfortunately, this one is illegal. It references another Resolution, which while I personally think it's a good thing to do, the mods have it that's not allowed because of the possibility of a repeal. I would say go ahead and approve it. If it reaches quorum and the mods don't catch it, I think it will still go to vote. It's a really great proposal otherwise. :yes:

New proposal!
Greetings UN Member,

I hope you will view my newest proposal: Artistic Freedom. The NSUN has neglected to mention in their past resolutions the freedom of all artistic expression. Please read it and endorse it if you agree.

My Proposal is listed here: http://nationstates.net/page=UN_proposal1/match=artistic
Thank you again,

The Allied Empire of Jey
Voting on this ends this Friday and as of this moment he needs 64 more approvals. Shall TNP add its support?

I personally see no reason to approve the "Artistic Freedom" one.. It doesn't set out any new guarantees, in my opinion.

I mean, isn't artistic freedom a subset of all other freedoms that are naturally guaranteed? What's with the trend of UN proposals recently making specific guarantees on very narrow issues?

The Grandiloquent Society of Unstable Former Nuns
Received: 12 hours agoRegional Delegate,

Firstly, apologies for the unsolicited nature of this telegram. I am writing to ask for your support for the rewritten 'Civilian Casualty Records' proposal currently at the UN (again).

Thanks once more for your time.

Here's a link:
http://nationstates.net/page=UN_proposal1/match=Casualty

The Allied Ricksist States of Soviet Hinata
I ask that you help me pass a UN Resolution called
Seperation of Church and State

Its already been drafted, but it needs support.
It would also be appreciated if you help announce it amoung the people.

I will be greatfully honored if you do... thank you

Computer is a little too slow to find the link to it.

That seems a bit silly to me. Many nations prefer a Moralistic Democracy or a flat-out Theocracy or simply to answer some resolutions from a religious perspective such as no abortions and no cloning. That proposal seeks only to make the UN even more controlling.

Fedele: Number 1 Former/Current RLA member :clap:

I think the UN needs to start allowing a real minority some rights that is the indiviual nation who just wants to do what they want to do.

I mean how about everybody in the UN be a secular, open democracy with no militaries and peace and love... I never thought issues and personal decisionmaking were important. :eyebrow:

Three recent telegrams asking for support of their resolution. Any leanings?

The Republic of Belarum
Received: 3 hours agoGreetings Former English Colony,

I have recently proposed legislation to protect the free market on an international level entitled "Free and Fair Trade Act". It would be greatly appreciated if you could approve of the proposal in the interest of protecting the rights of the worker. Thank you in advance for listening. :)

Belarum
The Armed Republic of Waynelands
Received: 1 day agoAs a UN member and member of the North Pacific Region, I request you submit your approval of my proposed UN Resolution "Protect Soldiers Abroad."
The Dominion of XxxMenxxX
Received: 1 day agoPlz support my UN proposal of Repeal "Legalize Euthanasia"
Thanks

I personally am of the opinion that all proposals should be supported at the "proposal" stage unless they are drastically porous or badly worded.

I think all three would result in productive debate.

He he, know what you mean wizard, but I do have this image of people dunking proposals in water to see exactly how porous they are...

I would also agree with that. Apart from the really bad ones ("I thunk drugs is relly gud!" kind of things), I don't why they shouldn't all be approved at proposal stage...

I personally see no reason to approve the "Artistic Freedom" one.. It doesn't set out any new guarantees, in my opinion.

I mean, isn't artistic freedom a subset of all other freedoms that are naturally guaranteed? What's with the trend of UN proposals recently making specific guarantees on very narrow issues?
The people's Republic of Uranium Project agrees with this opinion completely.

Back