Activity Clauses

I don't think lobbying translates well to NS when people who are inactive are literally unreachable!! No point sending a PM to someone who never logs onto the forum!!

What possible advantage to regional activity is killing off proposals because inactive nations prevent quorum being reached?!

If people are active, they won't lose RV or RA status, if they are inactive they will be removed until such time as they become active again!! Every vote should meet quorum in an ideal world!! This proposal gives a more realistic number of RA members to better calculate the quorum that needs to be met!!

This proposal does not make being a member of the RA more difficult, it merely ensures that those who do not uphold the responsibilities of being a member of the RA are removed from the register so as not to inflate the RA population creating an unreachable quorum requirement!!

Allow deadwood to block legislative process and the regional government dies!! Other regions have struggled with this problem and I believe a proactive legislative change such as this will prevent our region falling into the same trap!!

I have to agree 100%. There is no point in letting 'deadwood' kill the legislative process. Democracy is a participation sport and not a spectator sport. If someone doesn't participate then they are making the decision by default to let others decide for them and that's fine with me. You can't have inactive RA members effectively have a veto over legislation by their simply remaining silent. If someone doesn't want to participate, don't let their absence kill legislation.

Back