A Travesty of Justice in The West Pacific

Gaspo

TNPer
It has become obvious that The West Pacific is doing what it can to 'punish' the offenders of the Core. Taken in itself, this is an honorable goal, and one that is very understandable.

But in doing so, TWP has made what we consider to be several legal or moral errors. We, the former-core, can no longer sit in good conscience. A few things to note:

1) The West Pacific is trying to indict three members of the Core who are not even in the region. ZetaOne, Zorn Uzkul and Gaspo are no longer part of The West Pacific

2) The West Pacific has indicted every member of the former Core -except- for the only three members of the former Core in the Cabinet. The Prime Minister Dilber, The Deputy Prime Minister TAO and the Minister of Defense Shasoria. The given reason is that they were not 'part' of the action. I categorically deny this, all three were involved in the planning and execution of The West Pacific Dominion.

3) The West Pacific has brought us all up on at least one bogus charge. The TWP definition of 'treason' is 6. Treason, defined as levying war against the West Pacific or adhering to the region's enemies, giving to them aid and comfort in the region, or elsewhere.. None of us engaged in any of these particular actions.

4) The Prime Minister, Dilber, is in charge of instructing Berhampore who to prosecute on behalf of The West Pacific. He is former Core, one of only three that have not been indicted. This is an obvious conflict of Interest.

5) Lastly, they are seeking to try us with a Court that is, to the last man, biased. One Associate Judge has been brought up on charges; the other two were part of the active resistance. Further, the polarization of this issue will make it impossible for anyone in the former Core to receive a fair trial.

These are not the actions of a government looking for reconciliation. We the former Core demand a fair hearing by a neutral third party. We demand that all members of the Core be indicted, or none of us at all.

We call everyone's attention to The West Pacific and the West Pacific courts. Please, if you feel you are a 'neutral third party', please take a hand and urge The West Pacific to stop this travesty of justice. That I beg you.

~Biyah, speaking for the indicted former-Core.

Charges Filed: http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific/index.php?showforum=72
Argument against and legal information: http://s8.invisionfree.com/The_West_Pacific/index.php?showtopic=4727

While I understand your concerns, personally, I am not keen to see the government of The North Pacific interfere in a domestic issue in The West Pacific!!

I agree that there has been some screwy dealings but I feel obligated to mention that there were screwy dealings with WPD.

Edit: I almost typed WPO :rolleyes:

Woah woah woah, young Deputy!

What does this have to do with us? Perhaps we clean our own house before we start judging others internal policies?

Ooh, read the last line.

Biyah, You know better than that...

No offence to those involved, but if I here any more about this, I shall be filling a formal complaint with Prime Minister Dilber.

(Not pointed at Eras, I just thought I should make TNP's position clearer)

While I understand your concerns, personally, I am not keen to see the government of The North Pacific interfere in a domestic issue in The West Pacific!!
Which is exactly why I am rapidly moving towards being an isolationist!

Biyah is blowing a lot of smoke that has little substance to it.

1) The West Pacific is trying to indict three members of the Core who are not even in the region. ZetaOne, Zorn Uzkul and Gaspo are no longer part of The West Pacific

Because the crime committed occurred on West Pacific soil by West Pacific citizens it is within their government's prerogative to take care of it. Because a self-imposed exile is no excuse the Courts have the ability to try in absentia.

3) The West Pacific has brought us all up on at least one bogus charge. The TWP definition of 'treason' is 6. Treason, defined as levying war against the West Pacific or adhering to the region's enemies, giving to them aid and comfort in the region, or elsewhere.. None of us engaged in any of these particular actions.

It can be argued that attempting to dissolve the government and usurp the Constitution is akin to levying war.

5) Lastly, they are seeking to try us with a Court that is, to the last man, biased. One Associate Judge has been brought up on charges; the other two were part of the active resistance. Further, the polarization of this issue will make it impossible for anyone in the former Core to receive a fair trial.

It is the duty of a Court to seek Justice and uphold the laws of the government. It is not widely questioned that those in the Dominion broke the laws of the government of The West Pacific. Any coup or rebellion is going to get a "biased" Court under the terms you describe; it would not be practical for a country to find a "neutral" foreign party to hold a trial for every John Brown or Nat Turner.

Dilber is now the only Core member not brought up on charges, and he has been called upon to bring himself to justice. The Attourney General refuses, despite the clear conflicts of interest and the evidence to support such charges, to bring Dilber to any charges, at this time.

Dilber is now the only Core member not brought up on charges, and he has been called upon to bring himself to justice. The Attourney General refuses, despite the clear conflicts of interest and the evidence to support such charges, to bring Dilber to any charges, at this time.
Actually, there is very little evidence against me, considering my role.

I've also ordered him via PM to charge me.

There goes your objection ;)

Right... This is a bloody enough.

This is not a TNP matter, and I am not going to let us be drawn into it.

I'm requesting topic is locked, and if I here anything more about this in a formal forum, I shall come down on the offenders like a tonne of bricks.

By request, and in an effort to prevent any forthcoming ToS violations, this topic is now locked. Any continuation of this discussion on this forum must be conducted via Personal Message.

The United Federaion of Hersfold
Forum Administrator

Back