Consulate of the International Democratic Union

GoalVA

TNPer
Welcome to your new Consulate

Namyeknom Edit - For ease of reference...

Grosseschnauzer:
I,  Grosseschnauzer, representing the International Democratic Union, do hereby understand that this consulate in no way forces The North Pacific into any Military or Political Alliance or relationship.  I understand that this consulate may be closed at anytime by the Minister of External Affairs for whatever reason.  I hereby pledge to follow the rules and regulations of this forum.

Linky

:clap:
Great, in the coming months, we'll make sure to make better use of these office to keep the North Pacific nations in touch with what we are doing.

First, I'd like to pass along the following:
The International Democratic Union, is going to host an IDU Cheese Festival in the middle of Feb. 2006. The festival will include a sampling of cheeses and cheese related products from both the IDU and nations that *import* cheese and cheese related products to IDU nations.

http://s10.invisionfree.com/IDU/index.php?showtopic=463

I'd like to invite your nations to either submit entries for the "Best Cheese Imported to the IDU" category or to judge the entries that are submitted. It should be relatively easy. The added bonus of writing up an entry ... once you are done, you'll have a NSWiki agricultural / cultural entry that you can add to your nation's articles. And you'll get to meet some other NationStates nations.

The deadline for entries to the First Annual IDU Cheese Festival is Sunday Feb. 12, 2006 (2nd Full Moon of the Lunar Calendar)

Thus far the following entries have been submitted.

Category: Best IDU Cheese
- Baranxtua Hard Cheese (Baranxtu)
- Gouda Cheese (Groot Gouda)
- Kolatch Gouda (Ceorana)
- Moksaitabunauha Ipantli (Otea)

Category: Best Imported Cheese to the IDU
- Paràgel (Yelda)

Category: Best Cheese Related Product
- Thuvian Fondue (Mikitivity)

IDU members and IDU importers may also enter the “Best Cheese Related Product” (hint hint). Tomorrow night, I’ll try and encourage some other entries from the IDU and other regions, but please invite others to enter as well!

Even if you don't want to enter, please make a point to stop by after Feb. 12 to vote on the cheeses! :)

AM AWARDED IDU DELEGATE SEAT

After a 14 day campaign, the Antrium nation is positioned to assume the IDU Delegate Seat. With no contest to his nomination, a win was considered default. Like predecessors to the post, Antrium ran on the concept of continuity. The IDU Delegate Elect is expected to continue support of well-written proposals, to be mindful of regional security and support the addition of a clause promoting secularism into the IDU Charter.

Delegate Elect Announces Cabinet

There were two surprises as Delgate Elect Antrium's cabinet was unveiled today: Domnonia was named to assume the Minister of Immigration Seat, and Ceorana, relatively new and government rookie IDU member, is to be the new Vice-Delegate.

Less surprising, Delegate Elect Antrium will ask Mikitivity to resume work in the Foreign Affairs Ministry.

Antrium said that Mikitivity is an "extremely active member of the region," that "has done an excellent job. I see no reason to replace him."

Today, the first appointed Proposal Service Director was announced. Groot Gouda has been offered this position, and is widely expected to accept the post. Delegate Elect justified his choice by explaining, "[Gouda] always gives an honest opinion on EVERY proposal, and always offers suggestions to improve the proposal. [Gouda] has written two UN resolutions himself as well."

"This was a difficult choice, as there are many nations in this region which could do an excellent job. I looked through our forums a bit[to decide]," he told reporters after the cabinet appointments were announced.

On Antriums agenda so far are a retooling of the regional forum and a recharged recruitment campaign.

Since the IDU has had an embassy for about a year, I am locking this thread. Please direct attention to their embassy instead.

Emperor Matthuis
Deputy Minister for External Affairs

Back