Office Of The Minister

Kumiko

TNPer
The MIIA office looks little different from a very nice two-story house, with a well-manicured rye grass lawn, bearing several pleasant hedges, roses of all the colors of the rainbow in wonderful clusters, and a winding koi river, bearing several ponds and bridges.

The major difference is that a huge dock has been added for an 80-foot long converted Tsuraikan Cruiser, the weapon pods and massive 34" deck-mounted railguns not removed.  The designation on the side is TCS-88, the TLS Kenshin.  The house is merely her normal living quarters, with room for her deputy and their land-based office-satelites.  The true and full MIIA offices now lie on that heavily-armed and armored fusion-powered vessel.

There is little onboard in the way of luxury.  The crew of 80 live below decks midship, while the spacious (though similarly sized to the house's) room housing Ms. Miho Sonoda is atop them, the actual offices taking up most of the folksail sections below decks.  The main tower with the bridge lies above her personal rooms, and she is frequently seen in a Tsuraikan Legionnate Navy Captian's uniform, a severe, but form-fitting dark navy affair.

Come aboard! I'm available for any questions or concerns you might have.

::the following notice is posted on the BB in the Ministry offices on and off ship::

Off-Topic Discussion in RA/RV Threads

There will be absolutely no off-topic posts allowed within the RV/RA signup threads.  All off-topic posts will be split off and referred to admins for violations.  The sole purpose of the two threads in question is for RV/RA applications and their relevant statuses/progressions as well as masking updates from admins.  No other posts within these threads will be tolerated. 

Furthermore, if you feel like celebrating, take it elsewhere, those threads are strictly business.

Sonoda Miho,
Ministry of Immigration and Internal Affairs

::pins up the stipulations that Cathyy has agreed to, as stated::

1)  You, nor any puppet you control will engage in unendorsement campaigns.
2)  You will maintain a higher standard of conduct than is expected of others, and abide by forum rules at all times.
3)  You will not seek any elected or appointed office without my prior authorization (or my successor's).
4)  If in the event that you violate any of the provisions by my discrecion, you will voluntarily confine yourself to OOC in perpituity.  Doing so will assure you of judicial immunity if violation of these provisions constitutes a violation of the law or constitution.

I reserve the right to dismiss any of the above stipulations at any time.  These provisions are not subject to negotiation, and you retain all other rights due to all registered voters.

The following is posted on the Ministry's bulleten board.

Ministerial rebuttal to the request for judicial review (found  here)

The placing of stipulations upon a RV candidate is not something undertaken lightly, and as extensive discussion with the applicant in question as is possible is conducted so as to prevent undesired and unneeded restrictions upon persons in question.  Most of the stipulations are temporary,  or are not concidered unreasonable concidering the histories of the individuals, and are put in place as a pre-emptory action against suspected threats to regional security, which is within both the scope and interest of the ministry.

Furthermore, we are mightily disappointed that this request was made without first consulting the Ministry and attempting to resolve these issues without involving the court.  Minister Sonoda has not been without daily contact to any that have issues for some time, and has not recieved prior notification of anyone having any particular problems with the stipulations raised. 

If clarification of specific provisions is needed or requested, it will be provided upon request.  To address the concerns raised in the request for review, the following explanations are offered.

1)  Concerning the stipulations upon Fedele and Blue Wolf:  These two registered voters are declared and active raiders.  The NPA is a defender organization by it's own definition, and all parties involved in the drawing of the stipulation agreed that it was not unreasonable to have verification that these particular RV's would pose no active threat to the NPA/NPIA nor it's activities in any way, shape or form. 

2)  Concerning the stipulations placed upon Cathyy:  Provision two is temporary, whose term is at my discrecion.  If nothing else, it is little more than a reminder that actions performed in the past will not be tolerated.  Provision three is in place due to suspected security threat, again, based upon the statements she has made in the past.  It, also, is considered a temporary provision, until I can be suffeciently convinced that she is no or little threat to the government.

Further:  The voluntary confinement stipulation for both was to assure that should they get themselves in trouble, that the Internal Affairs Ministry specifically would not bring criminal charges against them, and that their place in the community at large could be assured and supported by the ministry, given their co-operation, even if their participation in the government could not.  This stipulation does not restrict other ministries from pressing charges, nor does it provide immunity from civil suit. 

If clarification/modification was desired, again, this should have been brought up with the Ministry directly first.  Minister Sonoda is more than willing to accomodate and address any concerns raised by anyone in regards to ministerial action that effects any RV, but cannot do so if she is not notified of such concerns.

Minister Miho Sonoda

Response to Rebuttal: (BTW, I don't mind at all if this gets split out)

The stipulations set for the the nations in question were all for the duration of their terms as RV's, or until (in BW and Fedele's case) they disavowed raider activities, or you personally dismissed the (non-negotiable) stipulations.

As for contacting the ministry beforehand, I did raise concerns about the initial stipulations for Fedele on s2. The one condition was corrected to read "voluntarily", but this did not completely put aside my concerns. Unfortunately, events on the forums and in my RL reached a peak at that point and I was unable to pursue the matter further.

1)  Concerning the stipulations upon Fedele and Blue Wolf:  These two registered voters are declared and active raiders.  The NPA is a defender organization by it's own definition, and all parties involved in the drawing of the stipulation agreed that it was not unreasonable to have verification that these particular RV's would pose no active threat to the NPA/NPIA nor it's activities in any way, shape or form. 

If the RV's are indeed raiders, then I doubt joining a defender group would be among their highest priorities. Furthermore, The Minister of Defense runs the membership roll of the NPA, and would probably not allow them access even if they did apply.

2)  Concerning the stipulations placed upon Cathyy:  Provision two is temporary, whose term is at my discrecion.  If nothing else, it is little more than a reminder that actions performed in the past will not be tolerated.  Provision three is in place due to suspected security threat, again, based upon the statements she has made in the past.  It, also, is considered a temporary provision, until I can be suffeciently convinced that she is no or little threat to the government.

Nothing stated that any of the provisions were temporary - only that they would be removed when you personally waived them aside. As for running for public office, that is a direct violation of the Constitution. With few exceptions, everyone here is well aware of her past actions, and (with no offense meant to Cathyy), I personally believe it very unlikely she would get elected to any public office after those events.

The voluntary confinement clauses were not clear in that the provided immnunity from MoIIA charges only - Cathyy's stipulations clearly said "judicial immunity", from which it can easily be inferred that the protection is from all suits.

OOC response to last paragraph: Deikura, I mean no offense to you personally by requesting this review, nor am I seeking to remove you from office. I do apologize for not contacting you about it after the move was completed, but I personally believe that after all we have done in this region to ensure freedom, it's just not fair to restrict the rights of others, even those involved, without a proper trial first. If I've violated your trust, then again, I apologize. The lesson is learned, and will not be failed again.

The United Federation of Hersfold

I will discuss this with the affected RV's and adjust the stipulations more to your liking as soon as possible. I apoligize for overstepping my bounds by thoughtlessness.

Miho Sonoda
MoIIA

Glenon has been appointed my Personal Assistant for the time being, and is assisting me in IA office matters while my Deputy is otherwise occupied. If you recieve a message from him, please co-operate.

Sonoda Miho, MoIIA

Back