Candidacy Declarations: February 2015 Special Delegate Election

Candidacy Declarations: February 2015 Special Delegate Election

ec-seal.png

This Special Election, The North Pacific will be electing a Delegate to serve until the next election in May. Any Regional Assembly member who has been a member for the last 15 days (since February 6, 2015) is eligible to run for this office, excepting that r3naissanc3r is unable to run for Delegate due to term limitations. Loss of Citizenship before the conclusion of this election will also result in loss of eligibility to run for any office during this election.

To run, one must either accept a nomination or declare candidacy in this thread. To withdraw from running, one must post a withdrawal of candidacy in this thread.

Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy posted outside this thread will be discounted. Acceptance of a nomination is understood to also constitute declaration of candidacy even if no nomination has been made. Acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy must be posted during the candidacy declaration period to be valid. The candidacy declaration period is from (time=1424572800) (your forum time) to (time=1425004800) (your forum time). Voting will be approximately from (time=1425006000) (your forum time) to (time=1425438000) (your forum time).

This topic is intended for nominations, acceptances of nominations, declarations of candidacy, and withdrawals of candidacy; it may not be used for campaigning. Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.

Candidates:
  1. Cormac
  2. Tomb
  3. Gulliver
  4. Dumont210
  5. Eluvatar
Nominees:
  1. Crushing Our Enemies
Declined Nomination:
  1. Syrixia
  2. plembobria
  3. Grosseschnauzer
  4. flemingovia
  5. Malvad
  6. Bootsie
  7. Funkadelia
  8. Scandigrad
  9. Great Bights Mum
Invalid Nominees:
  1. SillyString
  2. Romanoffia
  3. Democratic Donkeys

Election Commissioners: SillyString and Romanoffia

F...for delegate? Me?

I'm honored and flattered, but, I'm afraid I will have to decline for the same reasons I declined my Vice Delegacy nomination by JhonsJoe. I'm just not experienced enough yet.

I see myself in the position to run for the delegacy in 1-3 years, though, so when the time comes, this region's getting a giraffical makeover!

:rum:

I declare my candidacy on a "Vote Belschaft, get JAL" platform. Whilst I'm not eligible, JAL is* and thus I should be granted ballot access.

My one and only manifesto item will be immediately handing my nation over to JAL upon attaining the Delegacy.

* - JAL, as a TNP Medal of Merit holder, is always eligible.

I fourth the nomination of Elu and second COE and Tomb. I also nominate Plembobria, DD, Funkadelia, and GBM.

I wish to announce that henceforward, I will not accept any nomination for any elective office in TNP, and I will not stand as a candidate.

Last July, I made clear that I planned to retire from the Regional Assembly and thus, holding elected office on or about July 19th of this year. I mean it, folks.

Therefore, I decline my nomination to serve again as Delegate, and I ask that I not be nominated for this or any other elected office in the future.

Thank you for the nomination. I must decline.

Given the number of active admins, i think I am needed more in that capacity. Also, I would not feel comfortable leading TNP in the direction it has been shepherded in the last few years. A delegacy by me would inevitably set up a confrontation with a number of the people who run the region.

flemingovia:
Thank you for the nomination. I must decline.

Given the number of active admins, i think I am needed more in that capacity. Also, I would not feel comfortable leading TNP in the direction it has been shepherded in the last few years. A delegacy by me would inevitably set up a confrontation with a number of the people who run the region.
:flemingovia1:

Actually, after much consideration, I can't run for Delegate. I couldn't part with the Speaker's Office enough to do that. I'm officially withdrawing from the race.

Back