The First Pacific Constitutional Convention

2f07j1y.jpg

The First Pacific Constitutional Convention

churchwq2.jpg

Loyal Pacificans gather to hear the announcement by The Senate.
Changes are once again afoot in The Pacific. After months of battling numerous yet ineffective attempts to seize the delgacy, the Pacific has managed to rise above those who wish to drag her down, and has made steps towards a new era. In an unprecedented move, The Senate has announced The Pacific's first "Constitutional Convention", and the introduction of the Senator of The People:

The Pacific is the oldest region in the NationStates world. It has the grandest history, the biggest controversies, the greatest heroes and the vilest villains. This world is entering its twilight and in light of that change even the oldest of institutions must face the inevitability of change. The Pacific Senate has stood as an institution of pride, honor and strength for over half a decade. It stood for the Order, which is far from new, and it stood for the Republic, which faded because of its inability to adapt, and it has stood throughout the latest Diaspora, which has seen some of the greatest lights of this world cross into shadow.

And it stands today. Ready to lead, ready to serve, ready to adapt. And adapt it will. Today we announce a measure unprecedented in the history of The Pacific. Today we announce the creation of the first Constitutional Convention of The Pacific. The only requirement for admittance into the Convention is a nation in The Pacific. WA nations are preferred but we understand the necessary draws of WA issues abroad. The Convention will begin once a modest number of nations join the forum and seek to take part. Once the Convention establishes a Constitution for the region including a Code of Law and a Bill of Rights it will convert into the new Assembly of The Pacific.

The Pacifican Assembly will elect its own leadership, establish its own committees and control the functional aspects of justice for the region. The President of the Assembly will serve as the Senator of the People in the Pacific Senate and will have equal standing with all other Senators. The committees will have their rules and guidelines established by the Assembly and will serve to assist the Senate in various aspects of regional interior, diplomacy, security and justice.

To assist in this endeavor and in seeking to draw on the widest range of the Diaspora, the Pacific Senate invites all citizens of the NationStates world to send a nation into The Pacific, the region of your birth, in order to take part in this new age of the oldest region.

To facilitate this growth the Pacific Senate has been reconstituted as follows:

Pierconium, Senator of Justice and Pacifican Security
Krulltopia, Senator of Diplomacy and Pacifican Imperialism
Risellia, Senator of Culture and Pacifican Heritage
Doppelganger, Senator of Intelligence and Pacifican Purity

We've had elections for a few years for Governors and the like. Don't exaggerate.

Also, choose your words very carefully next time. I actually suggest that you think about what you've just said.

After some review I have located the initial "joke".

As one of the few left that spoke directly with Francos Spain I believe I can definitively state that he would support this act on several levels.

I'm just going to claim I know what the joke was so that I look "in the know" and cool and stuff.

Yea.

Back