-
-
-
Pronouns
It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
Week 1 as Delegate For All of You

Hello. This is my first week as delegate and I am happy to report on the progress we have made in the first week as my platform is getting delivered For All of Us.

• Our cultural events have been off to a fantastic start. My great thanks to the team in that ministry especially @Halsoni for their hard work. They have been very enjoyable.
  • TNPU has also reopened, with @Marcus Antonius back in charge.
  • Our revived radio program is taking shape. I am delighted to report that we have had more than 20 guest bookings so far, and I look forward to their release over the next several weeks.
  • Our new cabinet looks fabulous. Some adjustments have been made. A new General Counsel @Vivanco has been appointed and @Kenmoria will not take up his post due to his other commitments.
  • We are already making the legal changes necessary to achieve our platform. As of today I have announced that Delegate Directive No.2 has been canceled, in order to give Ethnon more flexibility to reshape TNPU into a more informal structure.

I am so very proud of the work of our cabinet in the first seven days and I look forward to reporting on the results of our work. I cannot do this job without the support from all of you, so, once again, a heartfelt and sincere thank you! And don’t forget, please endorse me as your new elected delegate!

Cheers
Simone

Resignation of Vivanco as General Counsel
I have reluctantly accepted Vivanco's resignation as General Counsel, effective immediately, follow their decision to run for Justice. I wish Vivanco nothing but the greatest success in their future plans.

Cheers
Simone

Appointment of Bobberino as Minister of World Assembly Affairs
@Bobberino has been appointed as the new Minister of World Assembly Affairs. I hereby resign myself as the Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Bobberino has been NPA General since May 2020, Minister of Communications in 2020 and Minister of Defense in 2019, and deputy ministers in various ministries for sometime.

Please join me in congratulating Bobberino's appointment to the role.

Appointment of Prydania as Minister of Culture
As Nutmeg the Squirrel has had to take a leave of absence, I have decided to end their appointment as Minister of Culture and appoint @Prydania as Minister of Culture. Please take your oath. I am delighted that Pry has agreed to accept this appointment. Pry needs no introduction as a former delegate in 2020 and remains a powerful voice for TNP.

Nutmeg the Squirrel has already indicated in their opening address that this is their last term as Minister of Culture. Nutmeg will be a key member of the team for administering and organising the Pride Prom that we are jointly working with The Wellspring and which will start on 10 June. I thank Nutmeg for their service over the years and look forward to them returning to TNP government in due course.

Edit: to clarify, although Nutmeg originally said they needed a LOA, I decided and informed them accordingly instead that a change in the Ministry was required. I have also edited in the words "I have decided to end their appointment as Minister of Culture".

Delegate Directive #11: 21 June 2024 Published

I have published Delegate Directive 11. This document is a directive from the Delegate pertaining to World Assembly voting policy.

This is a word-for-word import from the World Assembly Voting Policy (version 6) that has been operational since October 2023. To some extent it restores Delegate Directive #6 which was struck out a few years ago.

This is the second change in Delegate Directive I have implemented so far: Delegate Directive 2 was struck out to assist in the re-opening of TNPU.

Last edited:
Amendment to Delegate Directive #9

The Modern Gameplay Compact has unanimously voted to amend the provisions of the MGC sanctions which relate to World Assembly resolutions. Under the previous language, it was possible for a WA resolution to activate two mutually exclusive clauses. Under the new amendments, this is no longer the case. This is an update to reflect current practice in the letter of the sanctions; their core purpose remains unchanged.

Resignation of Comfed and Appointment of Chipoli as Minister of Foreign Affairs

As @Comfed announced, Comfed has resigned as Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9198470/

I have been aware of Comfed's plans not to serve a full term since May for real-life reasons. I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Comfed for his service to The North Pacific, especially for his work as Minister of Foreign Affairs during the first month of the term, where he demonstrated outstanding professionalism by supporting the policies of the Delegate. I look forward to Comfed's return to government in due course.

The new Minister of Foreign Affairs will be @Chipoli our current Vice Delegate who also needs no introduction. Chipoli is of course an outstanding professional as a long-serving member of TNP government, who previously served as former Minister of World Assembly Affairs and Acting Delegate. I look forward to his contributions as MoFA in addition to his role as Vice Delegate.

Last edited:
Amendment to Delegate Directive #7
Delegate Directive #7 (quorum raiding) has been amended, removing the section on cooperation between TNP and TSP regarding quorum raids, as such an agreement no longer exists.

Minister of Radio

Koopa has lost her citizenship due to her TNP nation going CTE. The Minister of Radio position is currently vacant. I expect to re-appoint her upon her return to full citizenship.

New Ministerial Appointments

Regrettably I must announce two changes to the executive of The North Pacific.

Minister of Communications: Ruben/Halsoni

Unfortunately I have come to the conclusion that the Ministry of Communications needs further strengthening to take it to the next level. Thus, I must sadly inform the region that AraFuttio will be stepping down from his post with immediate effect.

A couple of days ago I approached Ruben about a potential return to the executive. We discussed his reservations about my administration and I made sure to address and take his concerns to heart. I acknowledged I might have made some mistakes along the way, but regardless I was intent on continuing to move forward and work to continue to deliver Change For All of Us. Ruben in turn replied in a good-faith manner and we found common ground in taking the Ministry of Communications forward. We have agreed to, despite our various disagreements, work together for the good of the region. I thank Ruben for agreeing to my proposal and for his continued service to The North Pacific.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank AraFuttio for his service in the Ministry of Communications, particularly in assisting in the transition of the Radio function.

Ruben, please take your oath.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs: Fregerson

Bobberino
has communicated to me of his personal IRL commitments on a family related matter. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I regret to announce that Bobberino will stand down as Minister of World Assembly Affairs.

Fregerson has kindly agreed to come out of retirement to once again take up the position of MoWAA, effective in early August 2024, after his return from vacation. Fregerson has been in TNP Government in so many different roles for so long that I believe he genuinely needs no introduction. MoWAA is of course one of his old stomping grounds. I am hopeful that his experience will allow us to maintain the extremely high standards of excellence that the TNP Ministry has established for itself.

I will be acting Minister of WAA until Fregerson takes up his appointment.

Again, I would like to take this opportunity to thank Bobberino for his service to MoWAA and I look forward to his continuing contributions to the Ministry of Radio and in other parts of TNP.

Cheers
Simone

Kyoki Chudoku Commemoration Day

In communities across the globe, sometimes there are those who are present for so long, and show incredible dedication to their community that their mere presence becomes an institution. When Strangereal was unofficially founded, the nation and player known as Kyoki Chudoku was one of the first nations to ever join the map, and ever since the maps' official integration into TNP RP proper, the nation of Kyoki Chudoku has been on every recorded map, and the player has made countless RP posts providing good examples to those who would come after. To commemorate the player's retirement from RP, we wish to celebrate his accomplishments and wish him well on his endeavors.

By the authority granted to me under Section 9.2.12 of the Legal Code, I hereby declare Saturday, 27 July, 2024, Kyoki Chudoku Commemoration Day in The North Pacific.

Last edited:
New Minister of World Assembly Affairs

@Fregerson has informed me that he does not wish to pursue the role of Minister of World Assembly Affairs. After a period of absence I am delighted to announce the appointment of @Comfed to become the new Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Please take your oath.

Last edited:
Dismissal of the TNP Cards Guild Master

Luc-Olivier (Fauzjhia) has been dismissed from his position as The North Pacific Cards Guild Master with immediate effect. Fauzjhia's dismissal stems from his admission that he had misused cards under his purview for reasons of personal convenience. A replacement will be announced in due course after consultation with the wider Cards Community in TNP.

Last edited:
Amendment to Delegate Directive #5

Delegate Directive #5 has been amended, primarily for minor amendments to ranks. Please contact Minister of Defense Picairn for further details.

Delegate Directive #12 published
Delegate Directive #12, establishing the Order of the Polaris medal and ribbon award and the Delegate Service Award, has been published. This replaced a previous proposal published in the Regional Assembly for an amendment to the Legal Code.

Congratulations to @Picairn for winning the medal and ribbon design competition. Picairn's design has been adopted as the design for the Order of Polaris medal and ribbon. (Not coincidentally, Picairn and @Comfed also suggested the "Order of Polaris" name).

Original RA proposal:

Design competition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back