Ascheron: A Post Apocalyptic Earth (Map-Claims)

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
The world powers had been embroiled in a decade long war that had left millions dead and no end to the conflict in sight. The reasons for this war are unclear, lost and forgotten to the slow decay of time, and the justifications ultimately irrelevant. What we do know is that the old world ended in a single cataclysmic event, the cause unclear. But the world was changed forever.

On July 2, 2377, a bright flash lit up the sky, lasting only for a few moments, a flash that was seen around the globe, and everything electronic went dead. Televisions went black, phones stopped working, transformers popped and exploded, cars stalled and died, and planes fell out of the sky. The hums and buzzes of an electronic world went completely, and utterly, silent.

But the silence did not last. Following the flash came earthquakes and tsunamis, fires and whirlwinds, destruction on an apocalyptic scale. Over the whole of the earth a dark cloud of ash and soot blocked out the sky until only a pale remnant of the sun’s light could penetrate through.

As the earthquakes and fires subsided, furious electrical storms with high winds scoured what was left of the land. Acid rain fell from the sky killing plant and animal species off in the thousands. A terrible mass extinction event. The earth’s temperature dropped and the northern continents were buried in snow by a new ice age.

Civilization completely collapsed as food supplies dwindled. There was rioting and violence by the desperate and terrified. Starvation, exposure, violence, and catastrophe nearly brought an end to the human race. The world population was devastated, and only the most resourceful and tenacious were able to survive.

Over time the tremors faded, the burnt lands began to flower, and the cold winters receded as a new summer began. The devastation and change brought on by the cataclysm faded, and the scarred lands began to heal. A new age of the world began, rising out of the ashes of the old. And the memory of the cataclysm would not fade, becoming legend and myth, simply known among different peoples as the Great Flash.

— From After the Flash: A History by Liam Neighbors

Behold our shiny new post-apocalyptic setting. Set in the 2500s this is a new Earth ready to be conquered. This new world is called Ascheron, the River of Woe. OOCly only. ICly it’s still good ol’ Terra Firma.

N97b9xE.png

-The Grand Columbian Republic (Esplandia)
-Holy American Confederacy (Goyannes)
-The Yamato Shogunate (Andrenne)
-New Chinese Republic (Nogori)
-Imperial Gibraltar (Wondereus)
-New Roman Empire (Syrixia)
-Holy Mayan Empire (McSalterson)
-Norman Confederation (Prydania)
-Mintoria (Cimmeria)
-Neo-Byzantium (Miedzy)
-Sierra (Loz)
-Gran Bolívar (St George)
-Baltic Reich (Nin)
-Chiryol (Lotion)
-Finno-Ugric (Predice)

As with all good things there are some rules.
Claiming and Role-Playing Rules of course. Regular forums rules still apply so I won’t rehash them, but here’s some new ones.

1). The map is divided up into territories which may vary in size but are, as far as claiming goes, considered to be a single territorial unit.

2). The size of an initial claim will be limited to around ten territories at first (exceptions may be granted) with an option to expand into additional territories after a period of time and activity requirements are met.

3). Some islands and island chains are considered their own territories while others are divided into multiple territories. Smaller islands will be considered a part of the territory they are closest to geographically unless otherwise decided by the map god.

4). Claims will be considered on a first-come first-serve basis. Denied claims will be given a chance to resubmit a modified claim once before the area they are trying to claim once again becomes available to openly claim.

5). All expansions must be approved by the map god first and then RPed. No exceptions.

6). All tech levels are capped at a post apocalyptic state. Pre-war tech, which is rare even to bigger nations, is capped at early 1970s, with 1950s and 1960s tech being more common.

7). Colonialism, as defined by nations establishing overseas colonies on distant continents, is banned. Claims controlled overseas by nations would be unfeasible, considering the state of the world. Nations bridging over local bodies of water is okay (ie claiming Japan and Korea). This is also to avoid power mongering.

8). Nuclear weapons, biological weapons, and other objects that could be considered Weapons of Mass Destruction are prohibited from use. All WMD's are to be considered to have been used up before the War unless otherwise agreed upon.

Last edited:
YOyT4MR.png

Additions
-Patriarchate of Antioch
-Holy Mayan Empire

Fixes
-Changed the New Confederacy to the Holy American Confederacy

xW15vnn.png

Additions
-Norman Confederation (Pry)
-Mintoria (Cimm)
-Neo-Byzantium (Miedzy)
-Great Northern Empire (Midir)

May I please have the outlined area claimed as Sierra.

[img=900,600]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/463733927396245504/465268708810555393/post_apoc_LI_2.jpg[/img]

Here's my claim for The Baltic Reich, hopefully it's an acceptable size.

Last edited:
Here's my claim for The Baltic Reich, hopefully it's an acceptable size.

Well you're certainly consistent I'll give you that. I'm tempted, with your history, to just deny you out right but I'm gonna go ahead and let you make this claim. But I WILL HAVE a zero tolerance policy for any of your shenanigans. You are warned. One slip up, just one, and I'm removing you. No appeals.

N97b9xE.png

Additions
-Baltic Reich
-Chiryol
-Finno-Ugric

Removals
-Great Northern Empire
-Antioch
-New Dania
-Federation of the Erie

May as well do this now. I'd like it to be known as New Canada, though I haven't decided on a prefix for it.

b6n5MHe.png

Back