official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
For clarification, his request has been noted, but has it been granted?

Also, @MadJack, is there any particular reason you wish to shorten debate? This new wording has only been around for a few days, and I'd rather give some reasonable amount of time for people to double-check it. Admittedly, it looks good to me, so I'll be fine with the shorter debate in the end, but I figured it was still worth bringing up.

For clarification, his request has been noted, but has it been granted?

Also, @MadJack, is there any particular reason you wish to shorten debate? This new wording has only been around for a few days, and I'd rather give some reasonable amount of time for people to double-check it. Admittedly, it looks good to me, so I'll be fine with the shorter debate in the end, but I figured it was still worth bringing up.
As it is the author's power to shorten the period and not mine, I see no reason to "allow" it because it is the author's power to do so. The acknowledgement from me jut allowed MJ to know that I saw it.

As it is the author's power to shorten the period and not mine, I see no reason to "allow" it because it is the author's power to do so. The acknowledgement from me jut allowed MJ to know that I saw it.
Formal debate is defined in the standing procedures (a procedure entirely defined by the Speaker), which specifically state that the proposer may "request" formal debate be shortened, at which point formal debate "may" be shortened, so it's entirely within your power. To get past any more flowery language:

For clarification, has MadJack's request been granted, yes or no?

Yes it has which I believe was quite evident in my original acknowledgement, sir.
You stated it was not in your power to allow it, followed by misinformation, followed by you saying that you acknowledged it. I sought clarification followed by an undue amount of sass. I can only hope our Speaker could put aside his personal beef with me to fulfill the duties of his office, but that is off-topic to this thread. Thank you for finally clarifying, even if it came with your usual Speaker style of sassing those you dislike.

I am glad that clarification has been achieved, though I responded to your question previously which you still apparently found to be unsatisfactory so I answered again while referencing the fact that I had answered the question originally. As a loyal citizen and member of this body you are very much respected as the other members are. I do hope that our working together in this body can remain cordial without any unrelated dispositions being of significant influence. I acknowledge your right to attack my character, but I would have hoped it could have remained off the floor of this esteemed hall.

If you wish it to remain off the floor of the RA, don't give me sass and above all learn when a topic is dropped. Attempting to get the last word in, especially one that engages in attacking my character while claiming that I am attacking yours and giving lip service to attempting to stop it while continuing to engage in it, will not drop the topic.

Go on, get the last word in if you wish and give lip service to the mature voice of reason you see yourself as. It will only show your own lack of character.

Back