OOC Independence War

Ah, thank you for the clarification. And what exactly is the NWU?... I keep hearing the acronym thrown around on Discord and now on the forums but from what I can gather it only exists in Discord at the moment...

NWU is a political and economic union for nations on our landmass. It stands for North Western Union. We have currently 5 member states (4 if Andrenne does not get his relocation), and the observers of Ilia and Demescia.

Which of your cities has the most industry/factories? Just so I know where to plant the seeds of the great revolution

Cogoria:
Which of your cities has the most industry/factories? Just so I know where to plant the seeds of the great revolution
No city has truly any major factories or industry. Its kinda equal everywhere. I would say maybe South Jacksonville City in the far south

@Jacksonville... will you be utilizing the resources of the Blue Shield Agency in your nation for humanitarian aid efforts? And if so, will you need a larger scale response from the ICBS or will your Agency (or whatever humanitarian group responds) be able to handle humanitarian efforts at the conclusion of the war?

Nightsong:
@Jacksonville... will you be utilizing the resources of the Blue Shield Agency in your nation for humanitarian aid efforts? And if so, will you need a larger scale response from the ICBS or will your Agency (or whatever humanitarian group responds) be able to handle humanitarian efforts at the conclusion of the war?
When the war concludes we will call on the help of the Blue Shield Agency. Currently, due to us not knowing how extensive the damage will be by the end, i cannot fully answer the second part, except that saying any help we can get is much appreciated.

Just a heads up. I know the RP hasn't gone on for long, but it will end on December 14th. Not sure how it will end, but it has to end on that date due to it being Republic Day in Jacksonville. I know yall were probably looking for a longer war, but we do invite everyone to participate in the rebuilding of the country and the transition of power(If one occurs)

Cogoria:
Rule one of urban warfare, dont send tanks..... Germans learned that the hard way in stalingrad
Rule 1 of RP: Don't godmod.

This post and specifically the passage I'm going to quote now:
Thousands of tons of concrete and reinforced steel supports came crashing down on the Goy and Andrenne units, crushing tanks and soldiers like the fist of a vengeful god. As the survivors began to collect themselves the JRA attacked, smoke plumes shot across the rubble strewn battlefield as anti tank missiles looted from the city armoury were put to good use, as infantry stormed in close. The tanks that survived the initial ambush were quickly destroyed, unsuited to urban warfare as they were, molotovs and hand held rockets rockets blasting them apart before the could get more than a few shots off each. The real threat came from the enemy infantry, under the leadership of the Cogorian STCB.400 they assailed the enemies before melting back into the rubble, only to appear elsewhere and attack from some unsuspecting direction. The enemy air force were next to useless in the close quarters fighting, the risk of friendly fire being too great, not to mention the few shoulder launched SAMs that managed to claim a few that had the misfortune to fly too low. The JRA were not going to give up the city lightly, with many of the citys garrison after joining the JRA and access to the city's armoury, they were a well equipped, well led, and highly motivated force. They weren't fighting for just Jacksonville, they had now joined a global cause for the betterment of all workers across the globe! If they died they would merely be the first in a line of martyrs to die to bring the red flags of freedom to Jacksonville.
The underlined parts are godmoding, as you're not giving them a chance to respond and posting the results of the entire engagement. RP doesn't work like that here. I'd like to request that you rewrite that post along a more open line, giving other people the chance to respond.

-Mad Jack, RP Mod

Cogoria:
Rule one of urban warfare, dont send tanks..... Germans learned that the hard way in stalingrad
Actually the Germans learned not to send BIG tanks into cities. The Soviets on the other hand used light and medium tanks pretty effectively in German Cities and even in Berlin itself. While the US has used Tanks rather effectively in the middle east cities. It really has more to do with the planning behind the city, how effectively they can maneuver and their use (aka used to demolish buildings that would otherwise be to dangerous for ground troops and etc).

It should also be noted in the second part that MJ pointed out, Handheld SAMs have little to do with the height of an aircraft anymore, it more has to do with the type of missile, the guidance system, the counter measures of the aircraft and the speed of the aircraft vs the missile.

Your post is fine Cog, but now I must address something else.
This entire post by Nogori is godmodding. If Jacksonville hasn't explicitly said to you he's agreed to be a protectorate, either privately or in that topic, that is godmodding.

You can not send 40 million soldiers to a combat zone. It is impossible for any kind of modern conflict. That is godmodding.

You certainly cannot RP 40 million soldiers and the fleet carrying them - such a fleet would be bigger than anything the world has ever seen - not even showing up on radar and attacking and taking a city without giving anyone the right of reply. That is godmodding.

You can not RP a successful surprise attack without giving a right of reply. You certainly cannot RP someone else's casualties. That is godmodding.

I'd ask you to remove the godmodding parts, but nothing would be left of your post. For this reason it is being split out of the topic and should be considered null canon.

~Mad Jack
An Unimpressed RP Mod

Thanks Mad Jack. I did not give the permission to him and I am surprised about 40,000,000 men. That is impossible really. So Thank you RP Mod

Wow. He really was godmodding. It would be absolutely rediculous, if not impossible, if 40,000,000 men were all sent to capture 1 city. I mean thats a larger amount that Canada's entire population!

In terms of forum RP, the strongest military might probably rests with Ceretis, Kannex and The Rose League with my nation (the League) not really counting as I RP as a neutral power. Goyanes, Ilia and Syrixia are up there in terms of military might as well. Overall though I don't think any of us RP with a total armed force greater than one or one and a half million soldiers due to military tech (example being missile shields) being far superior. Having said that, there are a few nations that RP with more than two million soldiers (ex. Cogoria) but they are the exception more than the norm.

Yeah but I make up for the numbers with terrible equipment.... And Also lacking the means to project those numbers abroad without adequate time and a forward staging area, cause my navy is not that large....

And the dentsity of the soldiers invading 1 city would be increadible. Put just 20-25 machine guns out in front, and the casualties will mount. You wouldn't even have to aim. You just fire into them, and your bound to hit someone.

Also along numbers for me...
I have a tiny ground force in Jacksonville. It is barely a speck in the sea of soldiers. I make that up with my navy, which is a force to be reckoned with.

Honestly my military is kind of the oppisite of Cogorias.

Red banner fleet consists of the
nuclear powered aircraft carrier 'Iron Pride'
the battleship 'Oktobergrad'
4 cruisers 'Admiral Antanov' 'Isletville' 'People's will' and 'Cartographer'
6 destroyers ''C44' 'C45' 'C46' 'C47' 'C48' 'C49'
1 Revolution Class Naval Assault Ship 'Anvil'

Its essentially all our ships gathered together bar a handful out on patrol.

Cogoria:

What types of aircraft are aboard that carrier

Cogoria:

That seems...... a little light for a Carrier Fleet. Nuclear Carriers are the force projection and most expensive peace of a naval force. But, Navy Wise they are probably the weakest ship usually only with counter measures and not true ship to ship or ship to land weaponry. Which is why they usually have large support fleets built around them.

:w00t: My face when Esplandia could take on the entirety of Cogoria's navy using just the submarines of our first fleet

Well I'll wait for Jacksonvilles response before i put a spanner in the works of any plan to attack my fleet....

Well if that's the case this RP will end up going on a long time and cause a lot of suffering..... Probably best if ye have a chat with Mr Wrong who's currently enroutr to SJC.

I am not sure what response you want Cogoria? I gave you approval for a Communist Revolution, not taking people away from my country or sending nuclear aircraft carriers near my territory. If the people are removed, that is an ethnic migration, or in this case ethnic kidnapping of a people who are citizens of another Republic

There is no particular response that I want. I'm just waiting on yours so I can formulate mine. And my ships are free to go where they please as long as they're in international waters (in real life national borders generally only extend 12 miles out to sea but no idea what it is in TNP) and the people I'm trying to get out are really the STCB400 without admitting that I actually have troops in the region stirring a revolt, if refugees cone with them then they're very welcome.

There is no reason though that you should have to send 13 warships to evacuate a few troops. You can do that with one or two airplanes, and you would not be bothered. We also offered ample room for negotiation, as we offered the services of our air force to evacuate whoever you wanted.

I haven't even responded yet... I may still take that offer, as I said im waiting to see what Jacksonville does. And where would I land the planes to extract them? Without the planes getting blown out of the sky

If you are retreating, or taking refugees, we will not assault your planes, just let us know in advance. There are also airports around SJC

Cause nothing says "we don't have troops in the country" like a load if planes picking up men... Also I'd rather not risk the planes as I have very few transports left after pelhafor

Back