TNP Minecraft

What I will most likely do, if StGeorge feels it is appropriate, is open Alexandria's Minecraft server up to TNP and whitelist as many people from this thread as possible.

Alexandria has the same package, and is paid for by its community via donations - so it isn't such a burden on one person as it was with StGeorge. It is also a survival server, and I would advise people against trying to politicise it via nationbuilding.

Either way, the server is a resource that was simply under utilised here, and isn't utilised as well as it should be in Alexandria - thus since I'm Delegate here, and Founder there I see a chance where StGeorge can be free of the financial constraints, and where both TNP and Alexandria have a chance to explore new frontiers.

And for that I am immensely grateful. My issues wasn't the financial burden, it was the financial burden for something that no one was using. I've come to the conclusion that although the audience and community for a minecraft server is very dedicated and talented, it ultimately isn't big enough in TNP to justify a server.

Opening up Alexandria's server, if we can arrange that, would be lovely, and if people would like to contribute to the costs in some way, I'm sure we can work something out over there. I know I will be.

It's pretty simple for us to do - I'll just need a list of people to whitelist, and will need some names from TNPs side to make admin.

St George:
And for that I am immensely grateful. My issues wasn't the financial burden, it was the financial burden for something that no one was using. I've come to the conclusion that although the audience and community for a minecraft server is very dedicated and talented, it ultimately isn't big enough in TNP to justify a server.

Opening up Alexandria's server, if we can arrange that, would be lovely, and if people would like to contribute to the costs in some way, I'm sure we can work something out over there. I know I will be.
If I had a job, I totally would've contributed. Fortunately, I'm looking at a job this summer, so maybe I'll be able to contribute a bit.

The cost isn't huge, about £15 a month or so. I think it's the need to have some sort of community to sustain the server and economy on it.

Yeraennus:
Has the (KoA) server been updated recently? I know Spigot is out for 1.10
it's still 1.8.8, but I'm OK with 1.8.8

Oh, Croni, sad to hear that. Well I was just visiting, but if you guys are back I'll have a few hours of my life to waste XD

Lennart:
Yeraennus:
Has the (KoA) server been updated recently? I know Spigot is out for 1.10
it's still 1.8.8, but I'm OK with 1.8.8

Oh, Croni, sad to hear that. Well I was just visiting, but if you guys are back I'll have a few hours of my life to waste XD
I seemed to have fixed it actually! I decided to have another go at finding the problem, one suggested solution was turning VBOs On, but they were on, so I turned them Off and that's seemed to have fixed it!

I've tried to join a half year ago, but its was not successful. Then I promised to help you.
Would you want blueprints of building what I built in my minecraft?

(a lookout tower, office buildings, flats)

We should definitely bring TNP MC back in some form, if possible. Let's discuss about it.

If you need, i've got boat loads of experience with redstone, the computers and innovations i've come up with are numerous, and my skills in building and designing are impeccable.
so if you need any help with that, let me know!

you know... if you bring it back or whatever like you said.

I'm going to update the OP to include a link to the server, as well as create a new thread for whitelisting. I'm also open to creating a moderator on the server specifically to deal with TNP Whitelisting requests.

Yeraennus:
Tnp minecraft has been shifted to Alexandria
Eventually in 1,000,000 years there will be a non-Ravenclaw delegate. What will happen in that eventuality?

Syrixia:
Yeraennus:
Tnp minecraft has been shifted to Alexandria
Eventually in 1,000,000 years there will be a non-Ravenclaw delegate. What will happen in that eventuality?
Nothing, the server will remain so long as there is continued demand for it. It's a financial obligation that is met by more than just myself, Syrixia. TNPs server was discontinued because there was no demand for it here (thanks to someone deciding to try and politicise the server and recreating RP nations which basically killed the server populace).

What you also have to remember is that this isn't linked to having a Delegate with a fictional surname, this service is provided to the community of TNP by the person in TNPs community who owns it.

holy crap I haven't played Minecraft in years. Wonder what changed other than the excess flood of 9 year old kids.

Notice of Closure

The Administrative Team of AlexandriaCraft, which provides the server to The North Pacific has decided to close the server at the end of June citing falling player numbers and interest across both communities.

Arguments against the closure of the server may be sent to me or posted here, but the Administrators of Kingdom of Alexandria (and the committee of site donors) feel that the server's continued existence is a financial drain that Alexandria could be best without in light of increased costs and expenditures in other areas.

We are open to suggestions and other pathways forward at this time.

-R

That is ok ravenclaw. I will make a server of minecraft within the foreseeable future thanks to my eurasian friend having a spare computer server that can store 100 TB. It will up as soon as minecraft soars in popularity or if the TNP people want to

Back